Savings

I couldn't save for nothen but when my ex left he had all my money stopped I had nothen for a couple months with 4 kids to feed this really scared me in the space of a year I have saved £4000 i put £80 a week into my post office saver i cant touch it i gave my boyfriend all the details as u can only transfer it into my bank account this way i cant do it and there for dont spend!
I have a pot of dreams aswell which I put all £5 notes £2 coins and 50ps I never spend any of those they always go in the pot lol I then put it in savings once filled, I am starting this new thing though that I save for 52 week £1 the first week 2 the following and so on, so I can use it for next Christmas xx

I find the more I save the harder it is to spend, I really begrudge spending money that has taken so long to save, but back in the days when I lived in my student overdraft I would spend money like it was water, I even went to Rome purely on my overdraft- stupid!! My next saving goal is for Florida, we won't be going for years so I was thinking of just a really small amount every week that we wouldn't even notice, then when we go probably not for another 5 years at least we'd have and good chunk! Think we need to prioritise house deposit first though!

$0. I have a friend who has tens of thousands! I need to have a reserve though as DH's job is commission.

Enough to buy a house mortgage free. Trust fund money. I don't like debts & owing money anywhere, including property.

I also save £500 a month for yearly saves & spending - holiday abroad x3, new car, treats etc.

We have quite a bit in savings but OH has a really good job and we don't really spend much (or at least he doesn't)

Nothing at all! At the moment we're just trying to pay off our overdrafts. Once I start my PGCE we will save as much as possible towards a house deposit as renting just seems like throwing money away.

$50 from each of my paychecks goes into a savings account. I treat this like a bill that can't be skipped.

On top of that, this year I'm doing the 52 week savings challenge, for which I found 1/2 gallon jar. I'll probably deposit it into my savings account part way through and continue the challenge by transferring funds.

A good way of saving if you bank with Lloyds is to have "Save the Change." Our savings account is with Lloyds as DH has his current account with them.

Every time you purchase something, it rounds it up to the nearest pound and transfers the difference into the savings account i.e. Price £1.50, charged £2, 50p goes into savings. It soon adds up. For us it is usually around £30 per month.

We also save our change. We have tubs in the cupboard and usually once a week I'll empty my handbag of all of the change that accumilates at the bottom. Again, it soon adds up. We put this in the kids accounts.

Nothing as of yet, tom should be getting a pay rise in the next couple of months (fingers crossed) we have about £1000 to pay off we've paid off over £1500 in under a year which I'm really pleased with :D.

Hoping to save between £50-£100 a month when that's all cleared and then increase that to about £300 a month once we've finished decorating our house

X

I'm starting (one of my resolutions this year).

I've got a Sealed jar which you put at least 1 coin in a day. Even if it's a penny. Aim is to break that open on the 1st December and buy the turkey with it next year.

I have another savings target of 1 month's bills (£850) to have by September this year.

Was going to ask is there a 'money saving group' on here anywhere? Would like a join in somewhere to keep me focussed. :thumbup:

At the moment nothing; it is hard, we got into a bit of a debt spiral.

Which is a shame because we bring in a good salary, and have no rent/mortgage to pay, If we didn't have debts we could save around 1k a month!! So thoroughly depressing, instead we have to be skint... Live and learn! We are on track to be debt free by the end of the year though :) with some Luck we will have learnt our bleeding lesson! and can spend next year building up some savings! good luck to everyone else paying off their debts! x

I have 950 at the minute but only because I'm saving up for summer holiday lol otherwise its zilch!

We are lucky to have 27k in savings, the bulk of that was inheritance my lovely Nanny left me 7 yrs ago & we've been saving since we got married 6 yrs ago, approx €50 - €100 per month depending on bills etc, its just for a rainy day & towards Emily's college education in 16 yrs time hopefully, although we will dip into it this year for a holiday, roll on!! :happydance:

Nothing yet.
I have done our finances today and a year from now we will be able to start saving properly after paying off most debts xx

16k we always have 10 min as a rainy day fund.. Hubby's good at saving, if it was down to me we would have zilch

Just started a Deby Payers and Savers group thread if anyone wants to join me?! :flower:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/general/2095755-debt-payers-savers-support-group.html#post31107521

I have around £500 for emergencies. I did have more but we have just moved in our new house in August and it was a complete tip. Everywhere needed decorating and new floor. :( x

Nothing. What money comes ing goes straight out again :(

We don't have any savings that just sit there BEING savings. We save UP for things, like for a holiday or whatever, but then as soon as the holiday is booked obviously that uses up all the savings.

So no long-term-just-there-for-the-sake-of-it savings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->