Saying "I´m pregnant!"

pachamama92

Reaction score
Anyone else find it really hard to say it out load to people? Like, oh, by the way I´m pregnant! My mother just keeps prattling away about whatever the neighbours are doing and it feels so odd to just throw it out there! (this is number two, you would have thought it´d be easier this time round!) Need to tell my boss too but I can´t bring myself to do it! I guess that´s because it´s something way more personal than I would usually tell him. Any hints on how to make telling people easier?! I have no idea why I find this so hard!!

I've been having trouble with this too. It seems like when I beat around the bush or just drop hints, it confuses people and then when they finally get what I'm trying to say, they're not sure how to react.

I've practiced saying it out loud alone and it sounds totally wierd coming out my mouth!!

I've been having trouble with this too. It seems like when I beat around the bush or just drop hints, it confuses people and then when they finally get what I'm trying to say, they're not sure how to react.

So true!!! And I sometimes I try to think of a different way to say it but it sounds so awkward like "oh, we might have to buy a bigger house soon!" "Oh, are you guys trying for another? Blah blah blah" Then there´s the moment silence when they finally get what I´m trying to say but they aren´t sure!

maybe it'll be easier when you are farther along and about to show?
i can't wait to tell people but i'm only 5 weeks. want to wait till 12 like i did last time....

good luck!

maybe it'll be easier when you are farther along and about to show?
i can't wait to tell people but i'm only 5 weeks. want to wait till 12 like i did last time....

good luck!

I think 12 weeks is good because you can just show the scan photo! No words needed! Maybe I´ll just hold off for a few more weeks!

Yes!!! I feel the same way! And being 12 weeks hasn't made it easier... There's just no natural way to squeeze it into conversation. I decided I don't want to announce it on FB till much later and just tell people face to face, but now I'm thinking the Facebook route might make things way easier...

I had a scan on Tues so we've started telling close family. I've found it really hard to tell people each time, I'm a private person and it's almost embarrassing to say it! This time, our little boy has just told everyone, lol. He came to the scan and so told each person 'we saw a baby in mummy's tummy!'. I think it'll be trying to get him to not tell people that will be difficult!! I will be glad for 12 week midwife appt, so feel able to tell my friends and it be 'out'; but will also feel awkward saying it. Maybe I'll make a video or a pic or something and send?

I'm having a really difficult time with this as well. Since the beginning I couldn't wait for the 12 week mark so that I could finally tell everyone and stop hiding my symptoms and growing belly, but now that I'm almost there I can't find the words to tell my boss and coworkers. Its awkward enough telling extended family, but telling coworkers that I don't normally share personal info with...ahh!

I keep going red when I say it. I don't even know why!

I'm exactly the same! I have ended up just saying that we have something to tell them and 99% of the time there next question is are you pregnant which makes my life easier as I don't have to say those words! It just seems strange ! It doesn't seem real! Lol

I'm the same. Because this was so unexpected I know my mum won't react well (despite the fact that I already have one and cope fine with him haha). I need to tell work soon due to the nature of my job but I just can't bring myself to say it - I was bad enough saying it to the practice nurse today!

I feel the same!!! I thought I was the only one and that everyone was happy to say it :)

Weirdly I fint it easier to say "we're gonna have a baby" than the word pregnant...
I really don't know why!

But since we leave far from our family it will be easier to tell everyone as we plan to send nice card with scan pics (no need to say out loud "pregnant" lol)

Yep I'm exactly the same.

I found if you say you have news, news is always pregnant so you don't need to say anything else :haha:

I also told a couple of friends in my office by drawing a fat stick man on a post it with a tiny stick man in its belly. I tell myself that's because I'm not ready for other people to know and it's quiet. But mostly I think I feel a bit embarrassed.

To be fair though, my sister does tell my mum every time "ooh mum!! Now we all know what Jac's been up to!" That's pretty cringe lol

I had a scan on Tues so we've started telling close family. I've found it really hard to tell people each time, I'm a private person and it's almost embarrassing to say it! This time, our little boy has just told everyone, lol. He came to the scan and so told each person 'we saw a baby in mummy's tummy!'. I think it'll be trying to get him to not tell people that will be difficult!! I will be glad for 12 week midwife appt, so feel able to tell my friends and it be 'out'; but will also feel awkward saying it. Maybe I'll make a video or a pic or something and send?

Aww, that´s really cute. My little one kind of talks Spanglish at the moment so the only people who understand him are OH and I! Maybe I´ll put a big brother t shirt on him or something, that would work! I know what you mean about being embarrassed. It´s as if everyone will think "oh, I know what you´ve been up to! wink wink"

I just tell people I have a parasite or parasites in my case. If they don't get it oh well. Usually they do, though not everyone catches on to the hint. For some reason I just can't say I am pregnant it's weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->