SB and bum dimple!

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
Do any of the other Sb babies have a dimple at the top of their bum cheek join on their backs? :dohh:

lol!! Tom's is huge! I have a little one and any one who saw it always took the pee out of me!

I have honestly not looked! I will in the morning and will let you know :D

you can miss it , it is huge, like his bum crack stops short and starts up again! lol....and mine....

its funny, i have a pretty large dimple right above my crack too. but not IN it. i think thats what you were saying. forgive me if im wrong!! :dohh:

:hugs:

the dimple is spina bifida occulta xxx lots of people live with sb and dont even know they have it it is that mild xxx matilda as one just under her opening xxx and since matilda my niece as been diagnoised as having occulta xxx so it is in the family xx even though that doesnt cause any problems at all so dont worry about it xx

Its possible Em but not certain, I wouldn't guarantee it until you had it checked by a doctor! But they do say SB is sometimes hereditary, I have often thought that maybe I have occulta and that is where Tegan gets hers from.

i didnt want to worry anyone as it is absolutely nothing to worry about xx whenm my sister took my niece the doctor just said oh yes it does look like occulta and that was it xx they dont test for it or anything because apparantly it is that common and people never need to know or suffer xxx
So please dont worry yourself to death about it xx
I was just pointing it out xx
Really sorry for worrying you xx

you havent worried me. It crossed mind loads of times before tom was even born, the dimple just made me think about it again.

I reckon you and me have a similiar evening routine, you are always on when i am!

haha i know when she is in bed always come here and facebook to see whast is going on xx

im worried now my daughter has a sacral dimple but then again so do i :dohh:

i dont think it is anything to worry about! I'll let you know what the doc says when i see them next. I will also have some genetics results that might shed some light!

Oh goodness what have I said now everyone seems worried xxx
Trust me to open a great big hole xxx

haha! try talking about weaning babies under 6 months old in the weaning forum - that opens up a huge hole!!!!! I sware there is a bunch of witches in there who just cant wait to pounce on anyone who DARES bring up the subject!

haha! try talking about weaning babies under 6 months old in the weaning forum - that opens up a huge hole!!!!! I sware there is a bunch of witches in there who just cant wait to pounce on anyone who DARES bring up the subject!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I agree they are very harsh lol. Some people do seem to get a little bit.. er holier than thou lol! I was going to post a question the other day.. and then I decided not to. Lol

haha some people are soooo againat it x it makes me laugh but my mum always said you know your own child when they are ready for something new every child is different xx she as tried some jars but no a lover but likes rusk xx

They say that women who have a dimple or 2 above their butt are carrier's of SB occulta. My mom has them and im 35 and was diagnosed 8 yrs ago with occulta where in 5 spots my sine does not join. I played sports all my life and it has never affected me except when i got into 3 car accidents in my 20's it brought out pain(arthritis) that normally i would not get until i was in my late 60's,70's 80's..it brought it out now.. dont have the dimple's but my youngest daughter (now 7) she has it in 2 spots..i think occulta is the herriditary one and the other is folic acid deficiancy and neuro growth...

And yes no need to worry i lead a very great & active life and my lil girl is very active too ...it can just cause issue's when ur old and well when you old everything u do hurts ..lol atleast thats what my parents tell me..lol

All forms of SB can be hereditary. I have a cousin who has it - and I took folic acid, yet my baby still ended up with SB. I have the dimples on my back/bum, and I sincerely believe that Tegan got her SB from me.

I took folic acid too xx but matilda got SB xx even tho I think it is just one of them things xx
I just wish local hospital wouldnt make it out to be a reason to kill babies as far enough they have their problems but who doesnt xxx When you have spent time on a brain surgery ward you come to realise their is a lot of child worse off but who are still happy xxxx and I dont mean that horrible everyone deserves a chance to live xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->