Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

My bubs at 26 weeks 2 days (yesterday). No clot seen!! :happydance: x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 5
Beautiful picture! And congrats on that rotten sch finally getting lost! :).

I had a scan last week at 18 weeks and the tech couldn't see my sch anymore but told me it could be due to the position of baby so I'm still cautious but glad that it wasn't so big that it was noticeable :)

Hi all,

This is my first post, but I have been reading this group for several weeks.

I discovered my SCH at 11+6 weeks when I hemorrhaged in the middle of the night. I went to A&E thinking I was miscarrying, was told I was by the gynae doc on duty, but found at my scan the next day a very happy baby.

Since then I have been on virtual bed rest (self imposed as the obstetricians have not recommended it), and have been having scans to monitor progress.

After my initial bleed, I bled for 2 more days red, then bled/spotted brown on and off for the next 5 weeks or so.

I am now 20+2 weeks and have not spotted or bled for about 3 weeks.

However, I had my 20 week scan last Friday, and despite my boy being totally on track with his growth, the hematoma is still there and is almost the same size as it has been for the past 8 weeks at 4cm x 2cm x 5cm.

I am so gutted. I am pleased I haven't bled for weeks, but the stress of having this thing there still at 20 weeks really is taking its toll.

It took me 3 rounds of IVF and 1 miscarriage to get here and I want this baby to make it through so badly. I can't bear the thought of losing him.

The NHS doctors have been so blasé and uncaring that I have now met with a private consultant to discuss transferring to private antenatal and delivery.

He has admitted what I have read on here and on other research papers, that I am more susceptible to pre-term labour while the hematoma is there because it can damage the amniotic sac and cause it to rupture.

I knew this had happened, but am so bloody depressed that it could happen to me, I thought it was time I joined you guys to help me through the next few weeks/months. I am counting down until 24 weeks, but really I want my baby to stay in a lot longer than that and for this evil hematoma to disappear!

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this!

But remaining on pelvic or bed rest is probably the best thing you can do. I was on pelvic rest until the SCH was declared gone (November - February). The fact that you've made it this far, even with a SCH, is actually really great news. I would venture the guess that you're pretty safe...and not to mention, there are a few women in the group who went full term WITH a SCH and everything was fine. :hugs:

Hang in there. Its a rough road with a SCH. The emotional toll it takes on your mind is amazing. :(

Ferrer, I agree with Mara. Stay in bed if you can and at 20 weeks your baby is much bigger than the sch (good thing) and you aren't actively bleeding (good thing #2) and you've made it to 20 weeks (half way there!!...good thing #3).

I'm right there with you..20 weeks on Saturday and although they couldn't see the sch my doc insisted that it might still be lurking but baby was in the way. Like you, I've also paid for 2 ivfs and suffered a mc and am also on bed rest and don't plan on coming off it even though I haven't bled since 16 weeks!

Stay strong and hoping 24 weeks comes fast for us both!!!

Thanks Mara and Hmommy for replying.

Hmommy, if you are 20 weeks too, we can count down to 24 weeks together.

I wish I could take a sleeping tablet and wake up in 4 weeks time!

Yes, I do not plan to come off bed rest now until the blasted thing has disappeared... Besides, my pelvic muscles are so weak that I can't walk much anyway without feeling like I'll wet myself or the baby will fall out!

Just gonna have to keep reading magazines and catching up on my tv.

Feel bad for my 4 year old boy who hasn't played with mummy in 8 weeks, but I have to do what is necessary to keep this baby in for as long as possible and I read to him and watch programs instead.

He seems to take it well and still kisses my belly to say goodbye to his brother every time he goes to school. So sweet.

Oh Ferrer, your little boy sounds like such a sweetheart!! Yes, I agree with you...I keep telling my hubby that I wish there was some sort of shot that would knock me out until third trimester! :wacko: we can count down together to 24 weeks! Until then, it's movie and book time! :thumbup:

Hi all. I am new to this thread, I've been asking around and nobody had seemed to have heard of hematoma! I've been so frustrated and scared :( So I'm very glad I've come across this thread at last. I am 14+4 with second pregnancy/baby. At 13 weeks exactly I had to go in to hospital because I had started to bleed. It was just a tiny bit, not even enough to be seen anywhere unless I wiped after going toilet. It was slightly pink and the next day was exactly the same when I went for an early scan. They then discovered it was hematoma that was causing the bleed. I then went a week with NO bleeding but then 2 days ago it started again and since then Ive bled every time I go to the toilet. Again, its still not alot and no clumps but its still very worrying. Did anybody else start off this way and then it got worse? I dont have any more scans until May 1st which is ages away so Im SO worried!!

Is it normal to get just a little bit of pink blood every now and then, or should I expect it to get worse soon? I'm 14+4 and getting cramps :( Bleeding a tiny bit this morning when I wiped again, again not a lot but its definitely there :( Any advice?

2ndtimemommy, if you have a sch diagnosis then my advice would be to get your butt into bed and stay there for a couple of days. Also drink tons of water...I'm talking 8 bottles a day. A hydrated uterus won't contract as much and laying in bed might help stabilize the bleeding. Let us know how you're getting on. ((Hugs))!!

Thanks so much for your reply. I've had a tiny bit more bleeding again this morning. Its kind of hard to relax as I have a very active 5 year old to entertain and do school run eyc lol. But Im definitely trying my best to do nothing...Its so worrying :( Im going to see my midwife on Tuesday so will ask her to listen to the heart beat which will put my mind at ease :) For a bit at least. Hope you are all well :D

21 weeks today. 3 weeks to go before my baby becomes viable.

So nerve wracking!

Had an up and down week.

Am feeling generally quite well, but every time I try to do just the tiniest bit of walking (like around mothercare or from car to restaurant for lunch), I get pain all over my bump and feel like baby is going to fall out, not to mention feeling like I'll wet myself.

Only way to cure it is to come home and lie on my side.

Tut.

Saw an nhs consultant last week who has scheduled a 28 week growth scan as she said that sch's can cause growth restriction if they affect the placenta. Seems so far away!

Will likely book a private scan before then to see for myself what this intruder is doing as I can't go another 7 weeks wondering if it is bigger/smaller/gone.

How are all you ladies?

Ferrero I have my 28 weeks growth scan a week today! Hoping the placenta is still working ok. It is very nerve wracking and I too decided to have a private scan for peace of mind!
I've just bought a support belt as it really does feel like baby is pulling down and going to fall out sometimes when I'm walking! Braxton hicks are being a pain too!
I hope viability comes quick for you! It does help you relax a bit x

Almost at viability.... roll on time!!! My Dr said the baby only needs 10% of the placenta to take its nourishment... so hopefully that will help you feel more assured. :thumbup:

Almost at viability.... roll on time!!! My Dr said the baby only needs 10% of the placenta to take its nourishment... so hopefully that will help you feel more assured. :thumbup:

Yeah, am hoping baby will grow ok, none of the scan so far have ever shown the sch affecting the placenta. They think it is actually where the amniotic sac didn't attach properly or something. I guess if it bleeds again it could grow and start to lift the placenta, but right now I am more concerned about the affect it is having on the amniotic sac and PROM.

Am just doing what all us ladies do best.... Try to take it easy, drink water and cross everything!

Ferrero I have my 28 weeks growth scan a week today! Hoping the placenta is still working ok. It is very nerve wracking and I too decided to have a private scan for peace of mind!
I've just bought a support belt as it really does feel like baby is pulling down and going to fall out sometimes when I'm walking! Braxton hicks are being a pain too!
I hope viability comes quick for you! It does help you relax a bit x
Hope the scan goes well! I have a maternity support belt too, but haven't worn it yet. It does seem comfortable when I tried it on though!

Yeah, am hoping baby will grow ok, none of the scan so far have ever shown the sch affecting the placenta. They think it is actually where the amniotic sac didn't attach properly or something. I guess if it bleeds again it could grow and start to lift the placenta, but right now I am more concerned about the affect it is having on the amniotic sac and PROM.

Am just doing what all us ladies do best.... Try to take it easy, drink water and cross everything!

That's great that its not affecting the placenta! Mine was most definitely pulling the placenta away from the wall. :(

Hope everyone is resting and doing well. :)

22 weeks today. Eek. Officially biting my nails for the next 2 weeks.

Little fella is kicking me constantly, hope he doesn't dislodge the sch!

How are you all ladies?

Everything quiet right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"