Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

I had 3 normal pregnancies before the last 2 also so who knows?? I hope you can get pregnant again right away and everything will be perfect:hugs:

Hi Jennifer

I hope you are very well, I have a quick question for you. On my latest appointment my cervix is looking changed quite a lot. It was 3.7 and today it measured 2.8 ( first measurement was at 27 weeks and now its at 29.5 weeks)

I suffered with preterm contractions as well and have been on bed rest like you.

Did you cervix lenght got smaller as you moved on to week 30 etc? and do you mind sharing any info you may know on this?

Big hugs x

Me too, thanks jennifer.
And I wish you all the very best and happiest of pregnancies!!!!!

I had 3 normal pregnancies before the last 2 also so who knows?? I hope you can get pregnant again right away and everything will be perfect:hugs:

Hi Jennifer

I hope you are very well, I have a quick question for you. On my latest appointment my cervix is looking changed quite a lot. It was 3.7 and today it measured 2.8 ( first measurement was at 27 weeks and now its at 29.5 weeks)

I suffered with preterm contractions as well and have been on bed rest like you.

Did you cervix lenght got smaller as you moved on to week 30 etc? and do you mind sharing any info you may know on this?

Big hugs x

They only checked my cervical length at my 21 week u/s because I was having so many contractions, and they only told me it looked long and closed but they never gave me a measurement.
I found this for you:

"Normally, in the late second and early third trimester the cervical length measures anywhere between 3 cm to 3.5 cm (30-35mm) and decreases progressively as the pregnancy advances, in preparation for labor (source: Obstetrics and Gynecology Board Review Manual).

1.Women with cervical measurements exceeding 26 mm should be just observed, and reassessed in 2-3 weeks.
2.Women with cervical lengths between 21-25 mm should be placed on reduced physical activity, with re-measurement in 2 weeks.
3.Women with cervical lengths between 16-20 mm should be placed on strict bed rest, with re-measurement in 1 week.
4.Only women with cervical lengths of 15 mm or less should be considered for therapeutic cerclage.
At this time, no evidence supports measuring cervical length or placing cerclage in the low-risk patient. This means, no scans and no other physical checks or interventions are recommended in the absence of symptoms and/or high risk in the expectant mother. "

Hi Jennifer

Big hugs x

They only checked my cervical length at my 21 week u/s because I was having so many contractions, and they only told me it looked long and closed but they never gave me a measurement.
I found this for you:

"Normally, in the late second and early third trimester the cervical length measures anywhere between 3 cm to 3.5 cm (30-35mm) and decreases progressively as the pregnancy advances, in preparation for labor (source: Obstetrics and Gynecology Board Review Manual).

1.Women with cervical measurements exceeding 26 mm should be just observed, and reassessed in 2-3 weeks.
2.Women with cervical lengths between 21-25 mm should be placed on reduced physical activity, with re-measurement in 2 weeks.
3.Women with cervical lengths between 16-20 mm should be placed on strict bed rest, with re-measurement in 1 week.
4.Only women with cervical lengths of 15 mm or less should be considered for therapeutic cerclage.
At this time, no evidence supports measuring cervical length or placing cerclage in the low-risk patient. This means, no scans and no other physical checks or interventions are recommended in the absence of symptoms and/or high risk in the expectant mother. "

Thanks honey I appreciate this :hugs:

no problem:) hopefully they scheduled a follow-up u/s within the next couple weeks and its the same measurements..maybe the change was just normal, related to how quickly the baby grows right now? (and an early congrats on 30 weeks,that is fantastic!!)

So I found out my SCH is 2cm by 4cm, they said thats quite large, what do you think, should I be worried?

So I found out my SCH is 2cm by 4cm, they said thats quite large, what do you think, should I be worried?

Hi there

Regarding measurements, I've seen the following formula on the SCH Forum in Yahoo. I am not sure how accurate that is, but it seems that all the girls there are using this to get an indication of size for their SCHs

The formula is :

Length x Height x Width in cm x 0.52= volume in > mls

Less than 25 is small,
25-75 is medium,
75-200 is > large,
and more than 200 is very large.

Big hugs :flower:

mine was 254.8 at its biggest when I was 21 weeks so theres alot of hope:)

Hi, I am currently 16 weeks, 5 days pg...

This pg started out as a twin pg, one twin was consistently measuring behind the other and at 13 weeks, the twin measuring 11 weeks stopped developing. I have had 2 major red bleed episodes, both at 12 weeks...I have been seeing brown blood for 5 weeks. It is only ever spotting on a pantyliner, but my first two urines of the day seem to be when most of the brown comes out...There are times during the day where theres nothing for a for a few hours... I have been on modified bedrest for the last 5 weeks.

I do not know the size of the SCH that has developed where the non viable twin is breaking down, I do know that at 14 weeks, the 11 week sac was much bigger than the bleed, and the Baby B is measuring a little big at 17 weeks, and he dwarfs the area of bleed... My dr. has not said much, other than to watch for signs of an infection because of the prolonged bleeding.. I had a transvaginal ultrasound this week and my cervix is closed and of normal size...

Has anyone else experienced one with a vanishing twin?? Is it better that the SCH is at the bottom of that sack and not anywhere near Baby B's placenta? The dr said the SCH is the same size (maybe a tad bit smaller) than my last ultrasound at 14 weeks, since I have had the brown discharge I was hoping it would get smaller.

I have been seeing a perinatologist as well, my appt with him is not until the 20th...

I've been counting the weeks I get past as milestones, I'm hoping to keep plugging along...

Reading everyones stories has helped..

Karen

Well the doctor said it was large so I will just go by that, should be getting an ultrasound on wednesday. I haven't had one in 3 weeks, having lots of brown spotting but no red, sounds pretty normal I guess.

Hi, I am currently 16 weeks, 5 days pg...

This pg started out as a twin pg, one twin was consistently measuring behind the other and at 13 weeks, the twin measuring 11 weeks stopped developing. I have had 2 major red bleed episodes, both at 12 weeks...I have been seeing brown blood for 5 weeks. It is only ever spotting on a pantyliner, but my first two urines of the day seem to be when most of the brown comes out...There are times during the day where theres nothing for a for a few hours... I have been on modified bedrest for the last 5 weeks.

I do not know the size of the SCH that has developed where the non viable twin is breaking down, I do know that at 14 weeks, the 11 week sac was much bigger than the bleed, and the Baby B is measuring a little big at 17 weeks, and he dwarfs the area of bleed... My dr. has not said much, other than to watch for signs of an infection because of the prolonged bleeding.. I had a transvaginal ultrasound this week and my cervix is closed and of normal size...

Has anyone else experienced one with a vanishing twin?? Is it better that the SCH is at the bottom of that sack and not anywhere near Baby B's placenta? The dr said the SCH is the same size (maybe a tad bit smaller) than my last ultrasound at 14 weeks, since I have had the brown discharge I was hoping it would get smaller.

I have been seeing a perinatologist as well, my appt with him is not until the 20th...

I've been counting the weeks I get past as milestones, I'm hoping to keep plugging along...

Reading everyones stories has helped..

Karen

I know a woman who had a sch and lost her one twin at 17 weeks, at 27 weeks the water broke on the dead fetus and they have been able to keep her pregnant...she is now 34 weeks and doing great:)
As for the sch not being by the placenta...thats great!! My sch is huge but the peri said that is a blessing that it has never touched the placenta, the baby hasnt been compromised at all:happydance:

I spent a few hours in labor and delivery last night.I had an excruciating pain at the top of my uterus and since I have all these problems I thought I better have them check it out. Well, baby looked great on the monitor and they really dont know what it is. I am dilated to 1 and had a few contractions on the monitor so they told me I need to go back on bedrest for awhile. Saturday I will be 35 weeks so Im not to worried about the dilation.

Thanks for the info on the vanishing twin, I guess the hope is since the loss was so early for me that the twin eventually get reabsorbed, it was pretty much in tact with a lot smaller sac at the last ultrasound I had at 16 weeks...
Its amazing what they can do nowadays...

Are they worried about your contractions? :flower:

they didnt seem to be, just told me to call if I get more than 6 in an hour. I guess since this is baby #5 its not uncommon to be dilated awhile before labor starts.

Hi everyone hope you are all well!

jennifer, I hope that all goes well and that the contractiosn dont get too close to one another so you can have your LO in for a while longer.

Not sure if anyone can help or has any experience, I started having brown clots on toilet tissue two days ago, and went to docs who checked the baby and the hb and told me that all appeared ok at this stage. They said my cervix looks ok still so not sure where the blood is coming from!!

I am on bed rest now, and I still have brown clots/ yellow snotty streaks of discharge wth brown in it as well as plain watery brown discharge....

Doctor said that I may have poped a blood vessel in the toilet as I am quite constipated lately... but I am not convinced as this snotty looking discharge is very unusual for me. Almost looks like glue if yu know what I mean...

Any ideas?

x

there is so much discharge during pregnancy...anything from lotion type, clear and watery, to snotty mucousy stuff *lol* unless it smells bad or youre bleeding I wouldnt be alarmed:)

there is so much discharge during pregnancy...anything from lotion type, clear and watery, to snotty mucousy stuff *lol* unless it smells bad or youre bleeding I wouldnt be alarmed:)

Thanks hon, its just so scary as the discharge has brown blood in it... like the type of thing I had with my SCH on the first trimester. Clumps and clots of brown stuff... and the problem is that at this stage we dont know where its coming from :-(

I have a quick question for you SCH experts, did your bleeding stay the same...most of the time mine is dark brown almost black, but every once in awhile I get a red-brown patch which scares the heck out of me, because I think the red is coming back...It usually switches back to the dark brown after 1 or 2 times...This has happened 2x in the past for weeks, im just wondering if thats normal..

Also, mine is usually the most in the am and during bowel movements, and then super light during the day...

Im hoping to get more answers when I go to the perinatologist in two weeks.

I have a quick question for you SCH experts, did your bleeding stay the same...most of the time mine is dark brown almost black, but every once in awhile I get a red-brown patch which scares the heck out of me, because I think the red is coming back...It usually switches back to the dark brown after 1 or 2 times...This has happened 2x in the past for weeks, im just wondering if thats normal..

Also, mine is usually the most in the am and during bowel movements, and then super light during the day...

Im hoping to get more answers when I go to the perinatologist in two weeks.

Mine went from bright red to maroon to brown to stringy brown (ever shade of red and brown you could imagine)...anything except red is good, its old blood. Mine was heaviest in the morning because as you sleep blood pools in the vagina and when you stand up it comes out.

Thanks hon, its just so scary as the discharge has brown blood in it... like the type of thing I had with my SCH on the first trimester. Clumps and clots of brown stuff... and the problem is that at this stage we dont know where its coming from :-(

I had brown stringy stuff for months, maybe yours is just very old stuff still coming out?? Brown is always good:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->