Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

I haven't bled at all in a few days. I'm so relieved. I listen to my baby on the Doppler everyday. I spoke with the other doc in the office and he said I could call and request an u/s. I was going to wait until next week to have it and then I'll have another in two weeks at my OB appointment. I just felt like it wasn't ok to wait a month to look at it. I know it's small but I'm scared. I've read horror stories. I assume not bleeding is a good sign?

Donna I had a blood clot and a few tiny ones with my bleed last week. I don't understand why no one will see you.

I went to ob with brown spotting. Mw said all was well after physical exam and sono. 1 week later...After work...i had a severe bleeding episode. Ended up in ER sure I was miscarrying. Sono found strong heart beat and baby was at 11.4 weeks..right on time. Diagnosed with sch under placenta 5" by 4". On Tuesday... Went to ob ... No heart beat. I can't put into words the devastation. Felt like it was a cruel joke.
My ob is pretty famous around here...i felt like they did a shitty job with me. From the lack of concern to the quick dismissal after no hb was found. No info as to what happened to hematoma or placenta. Just a sorry..maybe next time... I'd have to go through this 3 times for them to be concerned. Opted for medical miscarriage.
Consulted with another ob...he wants to run tests for any possibility of blood clotting issues. Explained the clotting process and concerned that the bleeding started late in first trimester. I wish i had went to him from the get go. I understand doctors are not miracle workers...but a proactive physician ... Who never stops inquiring... Is the best kind. He might not have saved baby from my hematoma...but at least he wants to find out the reason..if there is one.
Physically, I'm still cramping and bleeding 2 days after miscarriage. But the emotional pain far excedes the physical.
Most women go on to have successful pregnancies with hematomas...I fell into a very small precentile.
All that's left now is to hope it is something that can be fixed. We are terrified to try again . But of I do conceive again, I will take it much easier than I did this time and be much more vocal with ob when I feel it is needed.

Btw...I'm 30 y/o. No children. Yet....

Just call and say you're not feeling well. How can they deny you a visit?? Do it!! Don't wait a month if you don't feel right about it.

Starks I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you found a better OB. I feel like I'm in the market for a new OB bc I feel brushed off. Sending you a big hug

AFM- I have an u/s and appointment on Wed. They just moved my entire OB appointment up and that not what I was trying to do. If he asks to see me in a month if the SCH is still active, I'm going to get a different OB. I'm already considered high risk so I may ask to see a HR OB.

Starks I'm so very sorry.
Fluterby my dr said she didn't need to monitor the sch bc of its position, she said it was on the very edge, with direct access to cervix so it could bleed out without pushing on baby. Maybe ask about that for reassurance? And even though she didn't need to monitor, she had me come in every 2 weeks for ultrasound until it was gone, more for my own sanity I think. And mine has been gone since 12.5 weeks.

Hi everyone nice to meet you all, I just found this group today. My name is Nicole, almost 27 (birthday next week), I am 6w+3 days today and am having twins. This is my first ever pregnancy. I went into the hospital at 5+4 because of a big bleed where I thought I was miscarrying. Turns out it is a SCH. I have had 3 scans in the last week. The SCH is 17mmx17mm at the moment but since I'm only 6w+3, this is larger or perhaps same size as my gestational sacs. It is lying right In between them both. I was told just to rest after enquiring but I've put myself on bed rest until my next scan next week. No sex, exercise, starts, lifting...nothing strenuous basically. I have what seems to be the beginning of a cold though and sneezing a lot and I'm scared it will set the bleeding off again or make the SCH larger.

I had a scare with the heartbeats and the doctors wanting to give me a D&C at 5w+6 but I asked to wait a week and by 6+2 they had their heartbeats. It's already been stressful enough for me so far, I'm still just terrified and keep hearing about losses :( so sad and sorry to hear about your loss Starks. I am also living in Japan at the moment and I'm not the most familiar with their style of care. I'm originally from the UK.

Hi Nicole.
From what I've read during my feverous hematoma research... They are very commom with twins. I'm also thinking that because it's between them and not the loning...there's a better chance that the placenta will not detach from uterus. Not a doctor..but its sounds better to me that way :)
Japan is great with medicine. It's already a good sign that they instructed you to relax. As far as the sneezing...send guy to buy a humidifier... That should help. My best advice, and what i wish i would've done, go for u/s weekly to monitor. I'm not sure what your situation is with payment or if you have a private ob...but go frequently. I so hope it goes away..it is fairly small...even if it is the size of the sac...it's still small enough to heal quickly.
What happened to me happened later in pregnancy and was much larger than yours. Most women...especially carrying twins...have hematomas. I know you're going crazy right no . And you will continue to worry. Naturally.
My prayers are with you.
Just talk it out. It's the best medicine in these situations. Keep me posted. And please go to doc at least once a week.

Hi Nicole.
From what I've read during my feverous hematoma research... They are very commom with twins. I'm also thinking that because it's between them and not the loning...there's a better chance that the placenta will not detach from uterus. Not a doctor..but its sounds better to me that way :)
Japan is great with medicine. It's already a good sign that they instructed you to relax. As far as the sneezing...send guy to buy a humidifier... That should help. My best advice, and what i wish i would've done, go for u/s weekly to monitor. I'm not sure what your situation is with payment or if you have a private ob...but go frequently. I so hope it goes away..it is fairly small...even if it is the size of the sac...it's still small enough to heal quickly.
What happened to me happened later in pregnancy and was much larger than yours. Most women...especially carrying twins...have hematomas. I know you're going crazy right no . And you will continue to worry. Naturally.
My prayers are with you.
Just talk it out. It's the best medicine in these situations. Keep me posted. And please go to doc at least once a week.

Thank you so much for that reply. I know what you must just be going through must be awful right now and I am so so sorry. Already in this last week I have had three scares and thought I lost them. Worst feeling in the world.

Again it's my first pregnancy so I don't know what to expect. I think you'd be surprised how backwards Japan can be with regards to medical care. They do have lots of things that tries to make patients lives better though such as tiny tiny pills rather than the large horse pills I'm used to in the UK, they also use tiiiiny needles to take blood. In the UK I'm used to having a really wide one stuck in me and the area would be painful for a good while afterwards. Here I didn't even feel the needle go in and I'm not exaggerating! Took ages to collect the blood though but by the day after the area had healed as well. Another thing they do though is lots of monitoring. Normal pregnancy gets many many chances to have an ultrasound and the doctors do them so you don't have to wait to see what the doctor thinks and I think I will be monitored closely. The doctor wants to see me next week so I'll keep going back as often as she will see me. I have to pay but it isn't so expensive around $30-40 per time and if people think it's best to be seen more often I will. One thing I am concerned about is the amount of pelvic examinations that will be done too. I have had 3 so far in the last week as well as transvaginal ultrasounds at each appointment. Can this make it worse?

Sorry for asking you all these question.

Nik I refused a pelvic exam with my biggest bleed. I had a bleed the week before and wasn't diagnosed with the SCH then. The doctor didn't do a pelvic because he didn't want to aggregate anything. He only gently check my cervix opening with his finger. The big bleed I had 3 people tell me I HAD to get a pelvic. I told them it's my body and I don't HAVE to let them do anything. Obviously something was irritated and I didn't want to chance it. Good call because the U/s showed my SCH. I later read that you shouldn't have pelvic or vaginal u/s if you can help it.

I spotted pinkish orange colored stuff on Wed and Thur only a couple of times. Yesterday it was pinkish red but only when I wiped twice. I was hoping the bleeding had stopped. I hope Wed the U/s shows some improvement.

My dr wanted to just look to make sure my cervix was closed, but she won't do a pelvic exam bc she doesn't want to irritate it further.

image.jpg
Sharing a pic of my sch baby :) 10 days old today!

Ferreoroche-how are you doing with your little boy now? Has his reflux got better?

Eyemom-not long left for you-hope your doing well.

I really need to catch up on this group-sending my best wishes to the ladies on here that are going through this stress. I got emotional looking at my little boy thinking of how tough it was to go through, and this group was such a support through it all. :hugs:

View attachment 812763
Sharing a pic of my sch baby :) 10 days old today!

Ferreoroche-how are you doing with your little boy now? Has his reflux got better?

Eyemom-not long left for you-hope your doing well.

I really need to catch up on this group-sending my best wishes to the ladies on here that are going through this stress. I got emotional looking at my little boy thinking of how tough it was to go through, and this group was such a support through it all. :hugs:

What a beauty! And recognise the Next Monkey sleep suit.

My lad is ok. Reflux still there and still struggling with the medication side effects, but he has a routine now at least and is never happier than when he is lying on his changing mat waving his bare bum in the air!

My older son is still challenging, but seems to be gradually getting to grips with everything. He still loves Leo and showers him with cuddles and kisses. How are things for you and your daughters?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 8

Lovely pic! :) your eldest looks like he is a good big brother! Both lovely boys, and I'm sure they will grow up the best of friends.

It takes time for them to adjust to a new sibling-my daughters are getting there. Although they have both been quite intense at times and demanding. All part of the changes going on though.

Glad your into a routine now-helps so much to have one.

I've heard tummy time helps with reflux-no wonder he is happy :haha:

Love the baby pics and updates. I needed it today. Today was supposed to be a day I've been looking forward to, it's 2nd trimester but I woke up to some light red blood. It was very small amount and hasn't been back, but it always makes my heart sink a little. I listened to baby and all seems well. I just wish it would go away! Wed can't come soon enough. I need to know what's happeneing

Love the baby pics and updates. I needed it today. Today was supposed to be a day I've been looking forward to, it's 2nd trimester but I woke up to some light red blood. It was very small amount and hasn't been back, but it always makes my heart sink a little. I listened to baby and all seems well. I just wish it would go away! Wed can't come soon enough. I need to know what's happeneing

Good luck for Weds fluterby

Just started bleeding again. Hope to god it is just the SCH. Won't know until Friday though. Does the stress and worry ever get any easier?

Just started bleeding again. Hope to god it is just the SCH. Won't know until Friday though. Does the stress and worry ever get any easier?

It does, I promise.

But it can take a while. How many weeks are you now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->