Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Hi ladies. I was diagnosed with an SCH last night. I was terrified. I had a bleeding episode last week as well but the ER didn't see the SCH at that time and said pelvic rest you're fine probably an irritated cervix bc we had sex right before the bleed. Last night I passed a small clot and quite a bit of blood. I'm still spotting today. The baby appeared fine and had a good heart beat and was measuring 11+4. The doctor said the SCH is small but the radiologist didn't say the size. They told me I'm threatened m/c. I'm so scared

The told me threatened miscarriage too, and I bled so heavily and passed a huge clot. And here I am 17 weeks, babies kicking away, sch was gone at 12 weeks. Hang in there!

My doctor doesn't want to see me until my next OB appointment in 4 weeks!!! I find that insane. Is that normal? I feel like I should be seen before then

I'm seen any and every time I bleed red, I was told if it happens after office hours I have to go to emergency room.

But if you aren't bleeding, my dr also said she didn't need to monitor it and regular appts would suffice

I've still been spotting off and on today since last night's big bleed. It seems to be mostly darker blood but not super dark. I get some pink on the tp too. Only twice has there been no blood when I wiped all day. I've been in bed all day except going to the bathroom or getting food/drink.

Sorry to bombard you with questions. I'm just so scared. It took us over 4 years and many surgeries and IF treatments to get here

Same here, 3 1/2 years and many fertility treatments. The darker is old blood and means you're not actually bleeding anymore. I've been spotting dark for over a week now. Dr says the only time to worry is if it's bright like after you cut yourself.

I've still been spotting off and on today since last night's big bleed. It seems to be mostly darker blood but not super dark. I get some pink on the tp too. Only twice has there been no blood when I wiped all day. I've been in bed all day except going to the bathroom or getting food/drink.

Sorry to bombard you with questions. I'm just so scared. It took us over 4 years and many surgeries and IF treatments to get here

What you are experiencing is totally normal for an sch. If you read back to previous pages you will see that it is common to bleed/spot dark red or brown for weeks after a fresh bleed.

I personally hemorrhaged once, bled dark red for about 3 further days, then spotted every colour under the son for 6 weeks before it stopped completely.

The sch remained throughout my pregnancy (not common, most go), but was inactive after about 17 weeks.

I gave birth at 39 weeks, and my boy is now 11 weeks old.

Please be prepared for weeks of spotting, but only be concerned if you bleed bright red (and even then, everything still is likely ok with your baby).

You are doing the best thing by resting and drinking lots of water.

Thank you! This thread has saved my sanity. Congrats on the sweet baby boy

So ladies, having a rough time.

After being told at 12w2d the sch was gone, I started bleeding again, and passing small clots in the past week. Had a frustrating ER visit where the doctor refused to help me find out what was happening. Saw my doctor today he did a quick ultrasound and though baby is well, he found more bleeding behind the placenta and alongside the sac. I feel so helpless. I am 14w5d now, nearly 15 weeks and I am terrified of loosing the baby, especially at this late a stage It's awful and I'm not sure how to cope right now.

Just dropping in to quickly say I had my sch baby yesterday. 12 days late, perfectly healthy and a huge 9lbs 6oz!

Couldn't be happier-will update soon with pics

Hope everyone's ok. For those of you going through having an sch-I bled 7 weeks and had a sizeable clot of 6.5cm. Hope this gives hope :flower:

Counting as you will see a page back I started bleeding again at 15 weeks after the sch was gone at 12. I was told I now have a low lying placenta.
Yoyo congratulations! What a big healthy babe!!!

Congrats on the baby!

lanet take it easy. I hate to hear that you had another bleed. I'm new to this SCH thing and it scares me. I'm trying to stay positive

Yay, Yo_Yo, congratulations on your baby! It's great to hear positive stories after SCH. :D Enjoy your babymoon!

hi ladies I hope it's ok I pop in with a couple questions. I think I have an sch. so you ever have tiny clots in the bleeding? I started spotting Thursday night and it's progressed to a bit of red blood with occasional tiny clots. the doctors refuse to do any exam or even blood work. so I have no idea if its a mc or potential bleeding from an sch. I had an sch in my previous pregnancy that didn't bleed. any thoughts?

I have passed clots with mine. That's so strange that the dr won't check it out? I'm seen each time ive have bleeding. Can you go to the hospital if it continues?

no. I went to the ER yesterday as I couldn't get in the clinic. they wouldn't even do an exam. I was told I was having a mc even though they didn't even touch me. then I talked to my doctor's nurse and she said I didn't need to come in everything is fine since I just had a ultrasound the other day. so ya doctors are no help and its pointless to even go in. everything I read online is go get checked if you bled bright red. so I'm kind of 50/50 right now. I still have plenty of pg symptoms but I know that's no guarantee. I know I'm just in shock how poorly I'm being treated by the doctors. it's really not right to not even take an hcg. I'm leaning toward sch since I had one before abd the bleeding is letting off with rest. when I had a mc it all came at once and was very painful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->