Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Love the baby pics and updates. I needed it today. Today was supposed to be a day I've been looking forward to, it's 2nd trimester but I woke up to some light red blood. It was very small amount and hasn't been back, but it always makes my heart sink a little. I listened to baby and all seems well. I just wish it would go away! Wed can't come soon enough. I need to know what's happeneing

Good luck for Weds fluterby

How did today go?

My doctor appointment went well. The SCH is now only 1.8cm and its down at the bottom close to the cervix. I have complete previa and he suspects the first time I had the bleed after sex is what many have caused the SCH. He said my previa should move in the next few weeks and not to panic. No sex, heavy lifting our vigorous exercise, but other wise back to life. He will check to make sure the placenta moves at my 20 week scan.

We are officially team...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 5
Just started bleeding again. Hope to god it is just the SCH. Won't know until Friday though. Does the stress and worry ever get any easier?

It does, I promise.

But it can take a while. How many weeks are you now?

I'm only 7. More bleeding when I woke up this morning. So far still brown but I'm really scared that it will turn red and I'll bleed lots.

Just started bleeding again. Hope to god it is just the SCH. Won't know until Friday though. Does the stress and worry ever get any easier?

It does, I promise.

But it can take a while. How many weeks are you now?

I'm only 7. More bleeding when I woke up this morning. So far still brown but I'm really scared that it will turn red and I'll bleed lots.

Brown is ok. Stay as calm as you can.

I bled every shade from bright red to dark red to brown to beige... It lasted over 6 weeks, but baby was fine throughout.

Sch's take a frustratingly long time to heal, you just have to rest as much as you are able, drink plenty, and try to tick off each day when you get through it.

Hi ladies, I've been so bad at bnb lately. I lurk when I can, but I'm scrambling to catch up on real life before baby gets here.

Ahhh Yo_Yo <3 I'm not even sure if I congratulated you on your LO's arrival. So if not...big time congrats, yay!

Yep, not long for me now. Crazy to think about. Doing okay for the most part, just uncomfortable. Excited to meet this little girl, but also almost wish I could file an extension because there's still so much left to do. :haha:

Ferrero - two handsome boys you have, so happy for you.

fluterby, glad your appointment went well

Nikoru, hope everything is okay. I know it's so so scary. That's encouraging that it's still brown, but of course we'd all rather not see any kind of blood!

Hugs ladies.

Going through a hard time right now. Spotting and periods of moderate bleeding have turned into 2 instances of blood gushing into the toilet, long ER visits with unsympathetic doctors and no answers. I was told possible placenta previa as well. I see an obgyn at the women and childrens hospital near where I live tomorrow, and I am demanding answers. I am so scared I am going to loose my baby, and it is even more terrifying now that I feel his/her little kicks and I am so far along :cry:

Counting sending you hugs and I hooe you get some answers. Rest as much as possible and be sure you're drinking water. I'm hoping this is just a bump in the road for you.

Going through a hard time right now. Spotting and periods of moderate bleeding have turned into 2 instances of blood gushing into the toilet, long ER visits with unsympathetic doctors and no answers. I was told possible placenta previa as well. I see an obgyn at the women and childrens hospital near where I live tomorrow, and I am demanding answers. I am so scared I am going to loose my baby, and it is even more terrifying now that I feel his/her little kicks and I am so far along :cry:

Hugs counting.

I hope the obgyn will be more helpful. What you are experiencing is still normal for an sch, but that doesn't make it any less scary, and I understand how frightening it must be to have this happen when your baby is kicking you.

The only good thing is that the kicks can give u a little reassurance that baby is still fighting in there, but I know how much it makes you want the little one to make it.

Take care of yourself, drink lots and rest until your obgyn appt.

So my SCH hasnt grown but one of my twins has failed to develop over the last week and heartbeat stopped :( I just want to have a normal pregnancy. Is that too much to ask?!

So sorry Nikoru :(

I have great news, my sch is finally gone ! I had a big bleed at 12 weeks, bright red blood, went to te hospital and stayed for 9 days, spotted for 8 weeks all sorts of brown and pink but now, at 21weeks I am finally sch-free !
There is hope !!!!

So sorry Nikoru :(

I have great news, my sch is finally gone ! I had a big bleed at 12 weeks, bright red blood, went to te hospital and stayed for 9 days, spotted for 8 weeks all sorts of brown and pink but now, at 21weeks I am finally sch-free !
There is hope !!!!

Congrats Deedee,

That's great news. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly.

Awesome news!!! I can't wait for mine to be gone. No bleeding or spotting for almost 2 weeks now.

Hi everyone!! I am 9wks 6days pregnant with my first baby. On Friday of last week I experienced a gush of bright red blood followed by heavy period like flow of blood. I was terrified and my husband and I went straight to the Emergency Room expecting the worst. It was so much blood I thought I was miscarrying. After an emergency ultrasound it turned out that baby was just fine, had a nice strong heartbeat and looked just great. We had not had an ultrasound yet so the sight of our little baby was the best thing that I could ask for. The ER doctor diagnosed me with a Subchronic Hematoma and said that the bleeding should stop and put me on pelvic rest and told me to take it easy and follow up with my regular doctor this week. The scariest experience of my life!!

The bleeding has slowed to just some light spotting of small stringy brown clots and almost stopped. A much better sight than the crazy amounts of blood on Friday.

This is our first pregnancy so I am extremely nervous! Just trying to take it easy and relax until I see my doctor in two days. Your stories are wonderful and I am happy to see that there are others out there experiencing something similar to me.

Welcome mjb. Sorry to hear about your SCH but try to take it easy and most of the time these things resolve themsleves. I know how terrified I was. I had two big bleeds but wasn't diagnosed until the second bleed that was a week after the first one. I haven't had any bleeding since the week following the second bleed. I go on Thur to see if its gone and check to see if my placenta previa has resolved as well. I'm at my 1/2 mark since I will have a scheduled c-section. Yay!!

Sorry, I didn't update here! So at the end of October around 16 weeks I started hemmorhaging very badly. Ended up in the hospital twice getting my blood levels checked because I was gushing blood. I was also having moderately severe contractions. It was not looking good at all, espcially considering how far along I was there was a good chance placenta was separating. I was on bed rest, bleeding off and on with contractions for a few weeks. Finally, at 19w4d, I had an ultrasound and the placenta was PERFECT. They said that the placenta actually looks really, really well implanted and blood transfer to baby is excellent. I also found out I am expecting my second son!:cloud9: he has a slight, unrelated kidney issue, but other than that he is perfect and measures exactly spot on. I get to see him again January 8th, as I have a follow up ultrasound.

Just wanted to let you know, no matter how severe, large and persistent your SCH might be, it can heal, and you can have a normal pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->