• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Hi Ladies, so happy i found this group. i'm a midwife in Australia and i thought i knew everything there was to know about pregnancy and then they found a SCH on my 9 week U/S, measuring 4cmx3cm, the consultant tells me its significant and at my gestation its 50/50 whether or not i'll miscarry, something every expectant mum wants to hear!!
At 6 weeks i went for an early U/S as i previously had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks, they told me there was a tiny SCH seen 0.4mm so to maybe expect bleeding. Which i got on 4 separate episodes, one was rather big (though brown) so had an U/S the same day and they said it had halved in size, so not to worry.
Anyway, i went back for my 9week one as i was nervous due to miscarrying at the same gestation last time and they found this bloody huge one!!
So now I'm beside myself with worry, i havent bled for over a week, so i'm just waitig for the worst to happen. I brought home a doppler and i have managed to find my baby's heartbeat on several occasions so i know all is good with the bean but i feel like I'm on tender hooks all the time!!!

It's so scary. I had one with my son (who's now 2y.o.). Not sure if you read through this thread and saw my posts, but I had a lot of bleeding. Bright red and sometimes with tiny clots. There were many times I thought "this is it, I just miscarried"....one time I bleed through my underwear and jeans and blood dumped into the toilet! I don't know how my baby hung on, but he did and I went into labor at 37.5 weeks (he weighed 7lbs2oz - so he was ready! Haha).

Try to be optimistic, although I know it's so hard. Stay on pelvic rest until the sch is 100% gone. No working out, no sex/orgasims, no heavy lifting. Drink lots of water, and if you get those little cramps, stop, rest and put your feet up. Blood in the uterus is an irritant, so you may get pains and cramps. I had some that made me double over in pain. Most of the time though, they were just annoying, constant cramps. Hang in there! :hugs:

Hi Ladies, so happy i found this group. i'm a midwife in Australia and i thought i knew everything there was to know about pregnancy and then they found a SCH on my 9 week U/S, measuring 4cmx3cm, the consultant tells me its significant and at my gestation its 50/50 whether or not i'll miscarry, something every expectant mum wants to hear!!
At 6 weeks i went for an early U/S as i previously had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks, they told me there was a tiny SCH seen 0.4mm so to maybe expect bleeding. Which i got on 4 separate episodes, one was rather big (though brown) so had an U/S the same day and they said it had halved in size, so not to worry.
Anyway, i went back for my 9week one as i was nervous due to miscarrying at the same gestation last time and they found this bloody huge one!!
So now I'm beside myself with worry, i havent bled for over a week, so i'm just waitig for the worst to happen. I brought home a doppler and i have managed to find my baby's heartbeat on several occasions so i know all is good with the bean but i feel like I'm on tender hooks all the time!!!

I just wanted to give you some hope. My SCH baby is almost 19 months old. He's a beautiful, full of personality and life little boy. He was born a healthy 7lb7oz at 39 weeks gestation( induced for unrelated reasons). An absolute light in my life.

It's hard to be positive. I know that. It's scary. But be gentle with yourself and treasure all the moments you have with your little one on the inside.

This is my ultrasound at 6weeks 1day, the lady scanning said its either a twin sac or a hematoma she also said shes heading more towards it been a twin! what do you lovelys think?

Attachments

• IMG_20170207_194151.jpg
    IMG_20170207_194151.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 9
I only have my experience! You can see my scan from 6 weeks blue part is the round sac and dangly foetus and the part circled red was my SCH (it was absorbed by my 12 week scan)

I see quite a difference between the two whereas yours do look similar so at a guess I'd say twins!

Attachments

• IMG_4886.jpg
    IMG_4886.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1
Are lanet, mara, yo-yo or eye mom still on here?

It's me again!

I'm almost 3 years down the track from having my last sch baby, and here I am unexpectedly pregnant with another sch baby!

I am 17+2 today, but experienced my gush at 12+5 just 4 hours after my dating scan where they declared no sign of any sch.

Was in hospital due to blood loss for 2 days, but have since been at home on modified bed rest, drinking gallons of water.

Baby is still on track right now, but sch is still there at same size as 12+5, and I have intermittent spotting pretty much every Saturday.

Was getting regular tightenings at 15 weeks but after a frustrating battle with my consultant, she has now put me on progesterone which seems to be reducing the contractions.

Hoping you are all well. Mara, are you also expecting? And I thought, reading back that Yo Yo may also be due again?

I'm here! And yes, I'm almost 29 weeks. :) Thankfully no sch this time!

Sorry you have the stress of another sch, that's awful. They are so stressful!

I'm here! And yes, I'm almost 29 weeks. :) Thankfully no sch this time!

Sorry you have the stress of another sch, that's awful. They are so stressful!

Oh what's good news for you! Do you know what you are having?

I found out at the weekend we are having a girl. I still can't quite believe it after two boys. I have no idea how to raise girls!

We're having another boy! We're super excited to have our boys...in think it's so cute that my son will have a baby brother. Haha

Congrats on a baby girl! If, and that's a big if, we ever go for #3, I do hope we'll have a girl. But who knows... :)

Grrrr. After 9 days of nothing, tonight I've started losing brown stuff again. It's the third week in a row now that I've had brown discharge for two days, then it disappears. I thought as I was ok this weekend that it might be over, but evidently not.

It's over 5 weeks since my red bleed. Did any of you get more spotting intermittently after the original bleed stopped?

I had an SCH, not sure how large it was but it was he same size as the sac. I spotted for weeks, especially if I overdid things. It was so scary, I thought I was going to loose my baby every time. But I didn't so there is hope, and your spotting sounds just like mine.

I had an SCH, not sure how large it was but it was he same size as the sac. I spotted for weeks, especially if I overdid things. It was so scary, I thought I was going to loose my baby every time. But I didn't so there is hope, and your spotting sounds just like mine.

Yes, I did go to the cinema with my eldest son today and was out a lot on Saturday which is more than I have done in ages. So I do wonder if it is connected to walking and travelling more.

I just hate that this time is so nerve wracking. I'm now fearful that it will turn into another red gush. I'm 18 weeks today, so don't want any fresh new bleeds this far along.

I had to stop lifting weights because if I did, even super light ones, I would get red bleeding/clots. My OBGYN assured me that nothing I did or didn't do would make a difference but I just felt more comfortable giving it up. For my own piece of mind restricting activity was the right decision even though I wasn't officially on bed rest.

I spotted almost every single day. Not kidding. I spotted 99% of the time and then had 5-6 big 'ol dramatic bleeds. That all lasted for about 15-16 weeks.

So I just had my 7 week ultrasound and everything looked great except the ultrasound tech found free fluid in my uterus. She didn't give me any information about it, but took a long time measuring it. I haven't heard from my doctor yet since its a long weekend. Does this sound like a SCH? It wasn't right next the the sac. I'm so confused and worried. I haven't had any bleeding yet but I'm afraid I'm going to start at any moment. Also, today I've been getting some uterin cramping.

I'm not familiar with free fluid. But I do remember someone telling me that was how their sch was described. So it's a possibility. I'd ask that the images be sent to your dr and have her/him call you back. Ask specifically about a sch, and if it's not that, then hopefully they can better explain what "free fluid" is. Cramps are soooo normal in first tri, but also very normal if you have a sch. Take it easy! Hopefully it's nothing to worry about. And on that note, if your dr was worried, I'm sure they would have called you by now. :hugs:

Grrrr. Frustrated. Went for another scan at 18 weeks yesterday following my new episode of browny red bleeding.

Damn sch is still there looking the same if possibly a tiny bit bigger. Some of it looks clotted, but a big bit still looks dark and fluid like. Over 5 weeks since it appeared now and it's not resolving at all!

Little lady is still oblivious, but there is some blood in the amniotic fluid so the sonographer told me to prepare for possibility of an echogenic bowel at the anatomy scan because of that.

Whilst the clot is well away from the placenta, and that is well attached, her growth is now a few days behind her date for the first time, so I'm slightly worrying she isn't going to grow properly. Hopefully not.

I just want this sch to start shrinking!

Ugh, how frustrating!

How far along were you when it was first discovered? I read that many women have the sch follow them into 3rd tri before it resolved.

Ugh, how frustrating!

How far along were you when it was first discovered? I read that many women have the sch follow them into 3rd tri before it resolved.

It first haemorrhaged at 12+5... so just over 5 weeks ago.

My last stayed for the whole pregnancy, but it bled continuously for about 5-6 weeks and was bigger than this, so I was hoping, given I haven't bled non stop for about 5 weeks, this one was resolving abit quicker. I wanted it gone by the magic 20 week mark, but seems that is wishful thinking now.

Hi ladies. I was recommended by others on here to post in this group after my extremely depressing scan yesterday at 7+6. The doctor seemed to think my pregnancy was a lost cause and wasn't holding out any hope. I have subchorionic bleeding measuring 46x17x37mm. That seems huge for 8 weeks. The baby only measures 15mm.

:( I just had an absolutely devastating and extremely long and traumatic mmc in February (continuing into march). I don't know how to cope with this. I feel sure I am going to lose my baby because of the sheer size of the SCH and the doctors face when she was scanning me. I haven't had any bleeding at all but feel I am expecting it at any moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->