Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Hey misselle great news about your scan and feeling baby i could feel baby from 15 weeks not that people believed me lol they just said it was gas cant wait for my scan monday now :)
Vanillastar - it is normal to be offered several scans until the bleed has gone they should monitor you im going for my 4th one monday ive had mine every 2 weeks since 11 weeks x

The hospital called this afternoon, I finally have my scan date! March 11 at 9 in the morning.:thumbup: DH has the day off, which is great because the hospital we're going to is about an hour and a half drive from our place.:wacko: So I'm going to take it easy this week and pray that everything turns out well at the scan!

I have another scan on March 11 too at 10am. I think we're in the same time zone so it's going to be close together. Good luck!

I may yet have a scan on Monday if they let me.

I have had another big bleed tonight a week after the last... This is my 5th so far. Has anyone lost a big part of the hematoma or all of it? I *think* that's what happen as I lost a clot about 5cm by 3cm tonight an been bleeding heavily since.
Also has anyone had what I suspect are contractions?

When I passed my big clots at 9 weeks I definitely had severe cramps that were comparable to the cramps I had during my miscarriage and I would classify my miscarriage pains as contractions (they would come and go in patterns). So I guess they were contractions. The biggest clot was hand-sized. I even passed some pink tissues (there are times I suspect I lost a twin but earlier ultrasounds only ever showed one baby). I bled fairly heavily for several hours afterwards. The main difference between this bleed and my miscarriage was the pain and intense bleeding lasted longer with my loss. With the bleed I got some breaks in between cramps and gushes as well. My ultrasound the day after the bleed showed a sac of fluid the size of the baby's sac. But just over a week later it was completely gone.

And with this baby the pains were so bad that they would jolt me up out of the hospital bed. They were BAD. I also hurt for about a day leading up to the bleed.

inperfected, I really hope that they give you a scan. With a bleed that major they need to make sure the baby is OK. Even IF the worst is happening they would need to check up on that too. Is there any way you could go to the emergency and get a scan even sooner? I'm sure things with bubs will be alright as heavy bleeding seems to the norm in your case but I think it warrants a check.

Good luck!

Thank you. I haven't rung midwife yet an not 100% sure I will. It's 4am so I'd rather wait if I am ok to. I feel like vomiting now just to make it for fun, I drank water (have always felt sick if I drink water with empty tummy) and from the stress. Thankfully I have my Doppler so have heard babies heart beating since, but still and I'm reply sore as this time I've got a lot of cramping as well as contractions.

I just wish this wasn't real

Mm... Unfortunately even emergency room here doesn't do scans - they will get you one immediately I think if it's something where it's an immediate risk to your health, but or me, Monday I only about 36 hours away, and this is the third sat night bleed, so I know I have to wait... I'm still considering going in, but we'll see how I go with the bleeding and contractions

i´m sorry to hear you are bleeding again :( Do you have anything you can take for the pain ( paracetamol is ok when pregnant ) Also try to stay in bed and put legs up to try to stop the bleed some. I found that laying on my side with the pillow inbetween my knees made cramping a bit more tolerable. Some abdominal breathing might help a bit as well. I hope it stops soon and that you get a clear US on Monday with the sch very tiny and if possible gone ;)

I'm sorry , I don't know what to tell you, :hugs: I didn't pass many clots, But I'm so glad you can hear babys heartbeat!

My only advice would be.. lay down, I noticed a huge improvement in my bleeding, just from staying still as much as possible.

I'm really praying for you that everything is ok... I'm sure they will scan you sooner. You must be about 13 weeks? Same as me? I think that baby is going to hang in there and you'll be ok. He/she has made it this far.. Just rest.

I rang my midwife who sent me to hospital just to get checked... The hematoma has grown they are pretty sure, but baby and placenta are still fine thank god!!

I am really really happy that bubs is ok, bit sad hematoma is bigger after scan last week (and 5 weeks after it started). And really frustrated that bed rest isn't over yet!

Awww, so sorry inperfected. I hope from here on out all you see is improvement. Bed rest is no fun:(
I am glad to here the good news on some of the others SCH's getting smaller!

Definitely glad to hear that good news :)

I think my MOST disappointing thing is that I can't go buy the maternity pillow and bra that I'm really wanting/needing and was getting this arvo! :) will try get it on an auction site today though :)

Inperfected, so glad that you were able to get confirmation the baby is doing well. I'm sorry you are having to deal with so much bleeding and cramping - I can't imagine how frustrating that is. Hope you are feeling better soon.

I'm really glad that your baby is doing well, inperfected, but I'm sorry that you're having to deal with bleeding! Take it easy and pamper yourself.:hugs:

Thanks everyone. For some reason this one frightened me much more cos id kinda thought the heavy bleeds were over...

So sorry bout all the bleeding, but glad to hear baby is ok!! Hope you're feeling better:)

Having searched and searched for informtion on a SCH myself and wanted desperately to hear of good news stories I thought I would share our story in the thought that it might give some hope to someone going through what we went through.

At 7 weeks pregnant i started bleeding heavily and as I'd miscarried at 7 weeks previously I assumed the worst. The bleeding started in the middle of the night so I waited until the next day before going to the hospital. To our delight we saw our babies heartbeat and the baby looked perfect but right next to the sac there was a huge black cloud which was diagnosed as an 'extensive' heamatoma. At this point the doctors didn't even measure it as it was so large (later estimations approx 20cm by 20cm). We were given odds of 50/50 of being able to successfully complete the pregnancy.

At this point I was distraught and spent many a sleepless night combing the Internet for treatment, good news stories and learning about the condition. I wasn't prescribed bed rest or any specific course of treatment but I was told avoid anything that would cause me to strain, difficult as like many of you I have a wonderful but energetic toddler at home!

I bleed heavily right up until just before my 20 week scan and as the pregnancy went on the size of the heamatoma decreased - at 13 weeks it was 13cm by 9cm by 6cm, then at 20 weeks it was 7cm by 5cm by 4cm. Each time I bled I expected to loose my baby and it was such a worrying time.

I then stopped bleeding (yay!) and allowed myself for the first time to believe I may have my baby. At 27 weeks I started bleeding again and was rushed into the nearest labour ward as I had regular contractions. I was given steroids for our babies lungs as they believed I was going to have her that day and a scan which showed that she was showing very small for her dates.

Miraculously the contractions (after being regularly a minute and a half apart) slowed and eventually stopped and we were allowed home with a follow up of regular scanning.

After this point I had no more bleeding, however we had the new worry of her being very small. This is apparently common for SCH babies.

I finally had our gorgeous girl, Charlotte Poppy, last week (38 weeks 5 days) and although she is tiny she is absolutely perfect. I know how amazingly lucky we are to have her and my thoughts go out to all those who are suffering now with a SCH or who have had a different outcome to myself.

I wanted to share this story to give people hope, especially as the SCH I had was so very large.

I am going to put our story on the websites that helped me so forgive mr if you come across it more than once.

Good luck ladies and my thoughts are with you xxxx

Thank you so much!! It's nice tohear stories like that... As I said to hubby, I don't want a hard pregnancy, but if that what it takes to get our baby, I'm more than happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->