Second child- maternity pay?

Carolyn

Reaction score
hi,
i've heard somewhere that you have to be back at work for a certian amount of time, before you are entitled to SMP and occupational maternity pay? My daughter is nearly 6 months old, i've been at work for four weeks)

i will ask personnel and payroll, just wondered if anyone on here knew?

i'm a teacher and got about 6 months fairly decentish pay. when it went down to just SMP, i had to go back to work, as we have so much debt...if i only got smp with this next baby, i don't know how we'd cope.

its up to your employer..

i work for my inlaws and i was only back at work a short time before i went on mat leave again

^ thanks, so i do need to contact them then, i've read something from them online which mentions so many weeks continuous employment before a certain stage in your second pregnancy..and i won't have clocked up that much time. so i guess it's time to tighten our belts.

I agree with Tezzy - any pay above SMP is up to your employer - I would check your contract of employment.
If your employer does pay additional pay for 6 months, I would have thought you would get it for the next child, even if it is really soon, as technically you are still in work when you are on maternity leave (that's why you continue to accrue holiday pay)....

Sorry I can't be of more help!

x

I agree with Tezzy - any pay above SMP is up to your employer - I would check your contract of employment.
If your employer does pay additional pay for 6 months, I would have thought you would get it for the next child, even if it is really soon, as technically you are still in work when you are on maternity leave (that's why you continue to accrue holiday pay)....

Sorry I can't be of more help!

x
good point.. it could have meant you had to have been employed by them...as in not a new emplyeee
i wil phone them at lunchtime tomorrow to see
thanks girls

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"