Second guessing, need advice...

No, the early bfp is only due to when implantation occurs and how much hcg is produces from the first day of full implantation.
Some women implant early on 6 or 7dp and produce 10 miu of hcg or more right off the bat. Therefore, after 48 hours it has doubled to 20 miu and then can be detected on several hpt.
Whereas, some women don't implant until 10 or 11 dpo and may start with lower miu of hcg let's say 5, they wouldn't be able to get a positive until atleast 15dpo.
Everyone is different and that's why some women get early positives and some get late ones... Then there are those that never get a positive on a urine test.

Yep, higher temps is often a good sign for sure.
I'm doing ok, had some unusual ewcm touches yesterday so I might ovulate a little early this time- we shall see.

Is it better to ovulate earlier in the cycle? What happens if you ovulate late in the cycle? Hopefully, things work out well for you. I see about the tests. I always wondered about that. I always thought everyone can test that early, but most women don't realize until later on so they test later. I thought if you were trying to get pregnant, and knew there was a chance you could test early and get a positive. I broke down and took the clear blue test, and it was negative. I was actually a little surprised. I thought for sure if I was pregnant an early test would detect it by now. I will still try the first response one tomorrow. Hopefully it will detect something, or I should just resign myself to the fact that I'm probably not pregnant. I was just soo hopeful this time. The donor has a lot of first time success. And I thought why not me? Oh, well I will just have to wait and see.

Lol nope it all depends entirely on when implantation happens and how much hcg is produced right off the bat.

The healthiest eggs generally come from ovulating cd 10-21. That way the ovaries have had time to mature them properly but they haven't been exposed to too much of any preovulatory chemicals (like LH and FSH). I generally ovulate somewhere between cd 17 and 21 but have had some weird cycles lately and ovulating later means longer cycles as well. Longer cycles are annoying to me. I usually have a 31 days cycle but if I don't ovulate until cd 20 I would have a 32 or 33 or even 34 day cycle.
Ovulating a couple days early or even way late has still resulted in pregnancies but generally the healthy ovulation zone is consider what I stated earlier.

I'm losing weight now and I'm hoping that will help my cycles get more normal again.

Any positive before 14dpo is early. Anything after 15dpo is considered kind of late. Doctors generally don't recommend you even test until you are a week late but I know women who test insanely early and have known a few who started seeing a line at 9 dpo. It's just variable.

Congratulations on your weight loss. Are your cycles usually very regular, or do they tend to fluctuate? And yes I can see how long cycles can be annoying. Ha ha, I guess I fall more in the insanely early testing category. I took the first response test this morning, and it was negative. I also had another slight dip in my temps from 98.18 to 98.01. Am I just testing too early? I thought for sure a first response would be sensitive enough to pick up if I was pregnant by now. Also to make matters worse I thought I saw a faint line when I took the test, then I thought I was seeing things, so I left the test and went back to bed. I looked at it again and there is kind of a line there, but it is probably just an indent. I was soo excited when I first saw that line, then it disappeared.

You are probably just testing early. I personally don't trust the First Response tests (FR) as they have gone down hill the last few years. They used to be the most trusted, but they changed things and now can sometimes be be one of the last to show positive or show light false positives. I generally try and not test until at least 10 dpo.
I hope yours is just a light early positive.
My Cycles used to be like clockwork. Used to ovulate on cd 16 and have 13-14 days lp giving me a 30-31 day cycle on average.
Then I had my weird crazy sanity stealing limbo ending with a miscarriage and they've been a little bonkers ever since. Now, I've ovulated as early as cd 14 or as late as cd 28 but my average seems to be cd 19. We shall see if my weight loss and exercise helps any with that.

I read about that experience in your TTC journal. I don't think I have ever had a regular cycle, as I think they were messed up before they even began. I got pregnant before I ever had my first period, so I have no idea if they would have ever been regular or not. I always thought first response was a good brand, though it has been 9 years since I last TTC. I usually use the dollar store brand first signal, but that is day of or day after (I forget which) missed period. I have one of those, and then the easy @ home strips. What brand is more accurate? With first response, do you know what changed? Was it the manufacturing of the product or the sensitivity that changed? I keep looking at the test, but I am really beginning to think it is just an indent. Do you think you could look at my chart and tell me what you think? The very beginning was where I was temping wrong, and then I just got lazy. You can tell when I was doing it the right way and consistently.

Attachments

• b_mtcCDo.png
    b_mtcCDo.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 4
They changed the sensitivity and they put the curve in it. It now has variable sensitivity ranging from 8miu to 30miu and the curve cause indents and simply false positives. IC tests are generally fine and walmart .88c tests are pretty trusted. Digitals are generally less sensitive but are accurate after period is late usually.

By your temps that are available I'd say you ovulated cd 14. The whole temp at the same time thing is pretty much a myth. It's more about how much sleep you've gotten, not what time it is. If you generally go to bed at the same time with 30 mins- an hour then you should be waking around the same time and therefore your temp would be accurate but if some nights you go to bed at 9pm and sometimes 2am then your wake up time for the same amount of sleep will be very different. You temp shouldn't be that different though in most cases,unless the temperature in the sleep area changes a ton while sleeping.
I generally go to bed between 1am and 2 am and usually wake between 9:30 and 10:30 and my temps are usually fine. Now if I oversleep and don't get up till 11am or later my temp us usually higher or if I have to get up early for some reason I usually have a lower temp. It's about a pattern more than anything else. One or two individual temps don't mean anything really.

I was afraid of that, so not much chance of a pregnancy then. I just had him come early, because I didn't want to miss ovulation. It may have been too early. So do you think the temp drop means AF?

Well you had an insems at 3 and 5 days before. 3 is definitely in the good zone for pregnancy and 5 is definitely possible. 1-2 is best but sperm can still be good and healthy at 3 days after.It all depends on your cm type and amount to how long the sperm stays healthy.
Like I said if no pregnancy this time, I'd advise taking opks twice a day starting a cd 9 and insem around cd 11 and 12 that should cover you fine.
You're not out till AF shows.

Yeah I guess I still have a chance, just not a good one. So if I didn't ovulate until day 14, that would make me only 10 dpo, right? So either way definitely too early to test.

10dpo is generally when I start testing- and mostly that is because after my miscarriage my lp went down to 11 days. Yeah if you are 10 dpo it is very early but not insanely early lol.. Anything before 9dpo is insanely early to me.

Well if I am only 10 dpo now when I was testing before (what I thought was 9 and 10 dpo) was way early. Do you use soft cups for your insems? I have heard that it helps. I didn't even really know what that was until now. I might try it if it really would help. Do you know of anything else that might help increase chances?

I don't use soft cups myself but use a syringe and will even leave the syringe in several minutes often. I try and lay still as well for at least 15 mins. I have looked into soft cups and similar but honestly think it would be way too hard to get one in me.

Yeah. When you mention insemination lots of people (even donors) go on about soft cups and how well they work. To me it seems like if a guy just gets sperm in you the natural way (people used to get pregnant just fine without soft cups) and you can get pregnant, soft cups are unnecessary. They also seem like a pain to mess around with. I have been using syringes as well, and I also leave them in for a little bit.

Either way works, the soft cup way you can just get up again right afterward. Whereas with the syringe only it's best to lay for awhile before getting up to let as many sperm swim into the cervix as possible.

Does using a soft cup increase your chances of conception? Does it make a difference? Do more sperm have a chance of getting through the cervix if you use a soft cup? I thought based on what they look like once you get up it all goes down into the cup part, and I was always kind of confused about how they were supposed to swim out of the cup? Also is the material the cup is made out of inhospitable to sperm? Did you ever finish fixing your bike? Have you tried it out yet?

After I talked to you yesterday I fully expected my temp to keep dropping and AF to show any day. I took my temp this morning and it was up, the highest it's ever been. It went from 98.01 to 98.33. I really thought it would drop, I had in fact resigned myself to it. I'm supposed to get AF in two or three days. I guess more waiting and seeing... Also I adjusted my chart to reflect more of the probable ovulation day.

Attachments

• b_xamwQc.png
    b_xamwQc.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 1
There is really no confirmation on if soft cups increase anything but the general idea is you are inserting the soft cup and it should be holding the semen close to the cervix and therefore it should get a fair amount of your cm on it and the sperm can swim out. Women have done the syringe (turkey baster) technique for decades successfully.

My trike has been disassembled to change the back tire and I'll be changing the tube today and hopefully put it all back together to give it a ride tomorrow. I have to ride when my guy is up as he doesn't like me going out alone. I'd have to do it without telling him I was going or he wouldn't sleep. ( He works the night shift and sleeps in the afternoon and evening. )
Your chart looks great overall. If you get a few more higher ones your chart could be triphasic which is usually a good sign :)

I look forward to seeing how everything goes for you with your trike. Yeah, I remember the night shift days. My ex used to work the night shift.

Well I am keeping my fingers crossed, but trying not to get my hopes up too much.

I also had a question about LP. If I ovulate around day 14 and my avg. cycle is 26 days would that affect my LP length?

Yeah that would give you an 11 or 12 day lp which is still fine. Anything 10 or greater is fine

Your LP should stay the same by a day or two no matter when you ovulate.

So what does the LP mean in regards to pregnancy and charting? Like if you are charting, they say if you have elevated temps past your usual LP, that is a good sign, right? Sorry if I seem kind of stupid about these things. I just have never charted or even paid attention to these things before. I never actually thought I would ever need to, so I don't really know anything about, well anything, lol. I took my temp this morning and I really wasn't sure what to expect because AF is supposed to come tomorrow. But it was up even higher, so I don't know...

Are you going to be able to go for a ride today?

Attachments

• b_dzjn5W2.png
    b_dzjn5W2.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back