Second pregnancy....

I'm in my second pregnancy too (5 weeks along), but I noticed that this time around, I am not counting down the weeks and days like I used to with my first. I have to check my pregnancy app to remind me how far along I am LOL ... I am too busy with my son (who is just about a year old) I guess. Maybe things will change along the way though. I don't know. I am looking forward to the first ultrasound though. Wishing you all a smooth and healthy pregnancy.

Of course Joey, anyone is welcome! Congratulations on your bfp & a happy & healthy 9 months to you all! I'm due on 9 June according to LMP xx

Hi Ladies,

I'm in right around the same timeframe and feeling the same way. BUT, I remember feeling that time dragged during my first pregnancy until about 6 months and then, all of a sudden, it felt like baby was here right away.

I won't have my first scan until 9-10 weeks (should really get that scheduled), so I'm still having a hard time letting myself get excited. I know the pregnancy is progressing hormonally (sick as a dog, bad taste in mouth, sore breasts, etc), but seeing that little heartbeat is what made it seem real the first time.

i think it's hilarious. tomorrow i'll have known for aweek. i swear it's been at least a month right ? :haha:

Third pregnancy here. Only 6+4 and it feels like time is creeping by until my first scan on October 21st.

My first scan is next Monday at what I think is 6+4. I am getting incredibly anxious. I just hope it's all progressing as it should. Then I think I will start to get really excited and relax more..

Joining in! 2nd pregnancy and I can not believe I have only known for 5 days :nope: It feels like 3 weeks. I thought this second time would fly by but somehow I find myself worrying more?!?! How do I even have time for that?

gaiagirl - we all feel your pain :haha: it is going by so slowly, probably more so because we found out before 4 weeks!

I went for my viability scan today and all went well, measuring a few days behind but I know my dates so not too worried and heartbeat was 115bpm which the tech said was normal. Phew :thumbup:

So back to OP, as someone who's been there twice I can say my second pregnancy absolutely flew by! The first trimester with both my pregnancies was awful (bleeding, heaps of blood tests and u/s) so I can definitely agree with that "limo" feeling but once we got the all clear, it seemed to just race by.

When I was induced with DS2 at 37+6 I hadn't finished work, packed a bag or got the bassinet out of the shed... I was genuinely surprised that made it that far without really thinking that the baby could come any time!

I never stopped picking up DS1 but toward the end I did slow down a bit and wanted a bit more quiet time during the day so my fave game was for me to sit on the couch with feed up on coffee table and he drove cars over the mountain (aka the bump!).

Good luck girls, enjoy it, your babies will be here before you know it :)

That's awesome wish! I didn't have an early US last time but I think I need one this time for reassurance. Maybe I feel like I've been soooo lucky with #1 and now TTC only one month for #2...waiting for other shoe to drop.

Trying to keep it zen but not all that successfully...

That's awesome wish! I didn't have an early US last time but I think I need one this time for reassurance. Maybe I feel like I've been soooo lucky with #1 and now TTC only one month for #2...waiting for other shoe to drop.

Trying to keep it zen but not all that successfully...

I definitely needed it for reassurance this time. I completely get what you are saying - I hardly ever thought about something going wrong with my first pregnancy, but this time even though I've done it before I can't help but think in the back of my head 'surely I can't be lucky twice' but I promised myself that if I went to this early scan and there was a heartbeat that I wouldn't worry and just to think positive so that's what I'm going to do!

I know what you mean about not getting lucky twice! With my daughter it was a textbook pregnancy. Nothing went wrong, no bleeding, no early labor, no high bp, nothing. It was perfect. I don't think I ever worried. This time I am SO beyond anxious because of my bleed last weekend. It is so scary to think that something this time could be wrong. I have my scan on Tuesday to check for a heartbeat and just like you I told myself that if everything is okay I will stop worrying. It's so hard but worrying doesn't change anything!

Hey ladies, you will find that time does speech up after all we have kids to chase round already lol the beauty of being pregnant at this time of year is the holidays which with other children we will get caught up in and time will slip by unnoticed, being baby six then I don't get loads of appointments during pregnancy anymore so really happy to have some distractions (3birthdays including DD's first and my own 30th, bonfire night, Christmas and new year, Easter, our wedding anniversary) all will happen during this pregnancy

with dd i wasn't allowed an early scan but this time they'll do it right in the office at almost 9 weeks. nervous ! i don't know why, but it's kind of scary. i guess i have this fear there won't be anything and it'll all be in my head you know?

i'll be 6 weeks this wednesday, and it's definitely creeping along.

Anyone else having intense cramps this time around? I'm finding I need heating pads.

Hey ladies! I'm due with baby #2 in June. I found out super early at 3+2 so it's sort of going slow but my son just turned 1 on Saturday so I have been busy with his party.

Anyone else having intense cramps this time around? I'm finding I need heating pads.

I did!!!! Oh and don't use heat pads my OB said its not good during pregnancy ... Something about over heating on area and causing embryo distress. I thought about using heat pads too my cramps were so bad around week 4-6

I know what you mean about not getting lucky twice! With my daughter it was a textbook pregnancy. Nothing went wrong, no bleeding, no early labor, no high bp, nothing. It was perfect. I don't think I ever worried. This time I am SO beyond anxious because of my bleed last weekend. It is so scary to think that something this time could be wrong. I have my scan on Tuesday to check for a heartbeat and just like you I told myself that if everything is okay I will stop worrying. It's so hard but worrying doesn't change anything!

Good luck Ash, let me know how it goes!

Hey ladies, you will find that time does speech up after all we have kids to chase round already lol the beauty of being pregnant at this time of year is the holidays which with other children we will get caught up in and time will slip by unnoticed, being baby six then I don't get loads of appointments during pregnancy anymore so really happy to have some distractions (3birthdays including DD's first and my own 30th, bonfire night, Christmas and new year, Easter, our wedding anniversary) all will happen during this pregnancy

This is true, Christmas/New year will be a good distraction. If I pay for an early scan I can find out the sex just before Christmas :)

with dd i wasn't allowed an early scan but this time they'll do it right in the office at almost 9 weeks. nervous ! i don't know why, but it's kind of scary. i guess i have this fear there won't be anything and it'll all be in my head you know?

i'll be 6 weeks this wednesday, and it's definitely creeping along.

I thought the same thing yesterday before my scan. Then when she put the probe on my belly I saw the sac but it looked empty and I thought omg there is nothing there. She moved it and I saw my tiny baby and it was instant relief. Then she zoomed in a showed me the flickering heartbeat. I was worried for nothing and I'm sure you are too! All will be fine xx

Yes, I think the holidays will speed things along. But January-March always go so slow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->