Second Time Around

Hows it going ladies? I am in a really hard age with my son right now. Everyone warned me that the 12-18 month age is tough and man it is! He is coming up on 14 months and I think I might end up insane before long. Today has been tough. He throws tantrums all the time over silly things. Its hard because his physical ability is above what he can mentally understand so he gets into things that he shouldnt and doesnt understand why Im saying no. Anyway, just had to vent. He is napping right now so Im recouping...

Does it get any easier??

seattlemama - yes it gets easier - big time - but i am a bit of a hard nut with Kieran - perhaps due to my disability ( i need to be able to trust Kieran 100% near roads at appts etc)

But yes it does - i would suggest spending some time on the issues that set him off - for example wanting something now - you could start saying "1 minute" and then getting it and making a fuss if he waits...

When kieran was stropping i used to leave the room ! and he soon realised that that was no good ! and didn't get him anywhere - I believe when they are ina strop or angry that the worst thing you can you is try and communicate. I mean is its worth asking whats happened but after that just let them have it out and then when they have calmed down try again!

I am very lucky that this has worked for me - i have never ever worried about him runnig off he never plays up when out and respects other people house when there and i believe that this is due to a strict but fair way that i run the home.

I think he realised, i mean it, and that things are easier when he goes with the flow - please please dont get me wrong he is just like any 3 1/2 year old and when tired is a iccle buggerlugs but everyone who knows him says that he is such a happy wee man..

Hugs xx

Thanks hun, I hope I can teach my son to be like you have taught yours. I get so frustated right now and Im sure he does too. Days like yesterday make me wonder what in the heck I am going to do with two! I will try walking away when he throws a tantrum. I wish he would start using at least a few words. He doesnt say any other than mama and dada. I think it would help if we could communicate better. He understands a lot of words but cant say any of them. Patience is a hard thing to teach a 13 month old, but I need to figure out how.

Thanks for your post steph. Today has been better!

We're in the same place hun. It's sooo stressful. She has this high pitched scream and it goes RIGHT through me! :dohh:

Hey ladies i hope you had a better day !! i have had a lovely one - had a massage and then took kieran to swimming lessons which was ace as he got another badge !!!

Glad you and Kieran had a good day together. I love those days when everything goes smoothly and you have fun together. Some days are just so darn tiring! I hear you toria, my friends son taught Cameron how to scream, and now its all he does. Exhausting little ones! I have my fx that my next one will be calm and peaceful. Cameron has been a wild thing since even before he was born.

I have the exact opposite concern, seattlemama! Freya has been SO good and I just know we're not going to get that lucky twice!! :rofl:
I'm predicting my next pregnancy will be a nightmare - I'll suffer all the things I missed last time (morning sickness, heartburn etc) and then have a baby who doesn't sleep thru the night until they're 3!!
It'll be worth it though :)

I worry about my next pregnancyy being crazy too. With Cameron I had no real symptoms, never threw up or had super sore boobs or anything like that. I wonder if I will get it all paid back to me this next time. I did have a few things I could do without next pregnancy. I started leaking colostrum at 18wks along, super constipated the whole time and had to take stool softeners a lot, massive heartburn from about 22 weeks on, gained a TON of weight (50lbs), the list could go on. But overall I had a good pregnancy and hoping its another good one. I dont know what I would do if I were throwing up and had a toddler running around I had to take care of too.

Hiya can I join, have a 1 yr old called Evan and TCC our second. Currently on cycle 4.

Had complete placenta praevia with ds and think if I don't have another fairly soon I will be too scared to try again. Also would really like them close so we can just get on with being a family and stop worrying about this TTC lark!!

I'm ovulating this week so hoping to get a :bfp: in the next few weeks yippee!! But start work on Monday after 12 month maternity boooooo!!

:hug:

Hiya, would it be possible to join your team please?

A little about me.... I'm Dee, I'm 27, married to Jon who's 30 in a few months, and we have DD Olivia who is 2 and a half. Currently at the end of month 2 of TTC#2, :af: is 5 days late(ish) but think she is on her way imminently.

I am currently feeling gutted..

I feel like I'm not allowed to be gutted because I already have a baby..

Blergh..

Hello mummydee! Welcome :hugs: Have you taken tests?

Sorry toria, your have just as much right to feel "gutted" it doesnt matter if you already have a LO. I hope you get your BFP though, there is still time!

Hi All!

Can I join too?! Just a little bit about me... We are in Canada, DH is 33 and I am 32, we have an almost 1 yr old son (next week!) and have been TTC again 2nd cycle after a M/C in April :cry: Really hoping to get a :bfp: sooner than later we've always wanted to have our kids close together! It took us 6 months to concive our son and 3 months to conceive the little one we lost so fingers crossed we get blessed again soon! I am on CD 1 again after detecting what seemed to be a chemical pregnancy... Can't wait to chat and get to know all of you!

Oh and just to add, I am taking prenatal vitamins, charting temps and using the ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor (2nd cycle and loving it!)

:dust: to all...

:hug:

Welcome scorpio! Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you get your BFP real quick!

xx

I am currently feeling gutted..

I feel like I'm not allowed to be gutted because I already have a baby..

Blergh..

I know exactly how you feel...feeling same...surrounded by so many pregnant people...some with their first and others with their second...am very happy for all but just hoping to be pregnant as well...hopefully this will be the month for all of us...9 days to go before testing but no symptoms yet (had cramps etc with ava) so getting anxious or discouraged? so tired of those :bfn:. Wanting a :bfp: this month :happydance:

:dust: to all...3 positives on the july testing dates already...hoping its a good sign :thumbup:

For thos of you, if any, that use FF, can you shed some light for me on something?

I was originally showing ovulation day as cd18 and my score was "good" and my pregnancy monitor thing was at 35pts. Then just to see what would happen if I put in another high temp for tomorrow it changed my ov day to cd20, made my score "high" and went up to 40pts...? Why did it change my ovulation date? I think that makes more sense to have my ov day as cd20 from my temps. Its just weird that it would make it cd18 then move it. I havent done bbt before so I dont fully understand it all.

I hope the "high" score means I could get my BFP this month!! I will have to wait and see if I do get another high temp in the AM for sure to see if it really will move my ov day to cd20.

Ahh so confusing!!

Hmm I dunno Seattle Mama, I would have put you ovulating CD20 by looking at your chart, who knows why FF thought CD 18 at first... and very odd that it changed! Because of the +opk's CD 20 makes more sense... I love FF and have used it for a while but sometimes it really throws me for a loop too. This month looks good for you I hope you get that :bfp:!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"