• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** September 2020 Babies ***

Think I'm gonna pack my doppler away. 3rd time I've tried over the last week and couldn't find a heartbeat. Made myself really nervous now and have another 2 weeks until my scan. My morning sickness is still really bad so I'm hoping that's all good. People on YouTube make it look so easy to find. I'm always nervous at the 12 week scan that there won't be a heartbeat and now I've just added to it.

I've heard that it's really tough to find a heartbeat on an at-home doppler before 10 weeks, more if you're not crazy skinny. I wouldn't worry too much! With my first I couldn't find his heartbeat until almost 11 weeks. Just give it a little more time :)

I found the heart beat on my Doppler at 10 weeks + 2 days. And it took 2 hours !!!! But then yesterday I couldn’t find it so I gave up. Xxxx

I know it is quite early. I knew I shouldn't have gotten it out yet. I'm just gonna leave it now and wait for my scan. Like I said my morning sickness is really bad today and yesterday dispite the anti sickness tablets so I'm hoping that means all is well. I knew I'd worry eventually if I couldn't find baby's heartbeat so I'm better off not using it. Thanks ladies

I know it is quite early. I knew I shouldn't have gotten it out yet. I'm just gonna leave it now and wait for my scan. Like I said my morning sickness is really bad today and yesterday dispite the anti sickness tablets so I'm hoping that means all is well. I knew I'd worry eventually if I couldn't find baby's heartbeat so I'm better off not using it. Thanks ladies

Don’t worry (although easier said than done!) 9 weeks is still really early to find it!

When’s everyone’s 12 week scan?
I can’t wait for mine!!! Mines 6th March I’ll be 12 + 5 days. So exciting xx

When’s everyone’s 12 week scan?
I can’t wait for mine!!! Mines 6th March I’ll be 12 + 5 days. So exciting xx

I don't have one :(. I have an appt March 9th when I will be 13 weeks, but they said it is just to listen to the heart, not an ultrasound. They did say if they can't find the heartbeat, then they would do an ultrasound. Other than that, I don't get another ultrasound til 20 weeks (sometime around the end of April). I had way more scans with my first.:(

I have a scan at the clinic on the 2nd March when I’ll be 11+3 and then on the 10th March I have my actual 12 week scan when I’ll be 12+4.

Managed to find baby on the Doppler again yesterday!

My symptoms are fine! I was one of the lucky few, didn’t have morning sickness! Woo! I’ll be 10+1 tomorrow!

What really? No way :(((( id have to book a private one in the mean time if it was me. I already had a private one at 9 weeks for reassurance and then next one is 12 weeks and 20 weeks but after 20 weeks you don’t get anymore scans so I’ll probably end up paying for another private one half way through. Xxxx

What was all your baby’s heart rates? If you’ve heard it yet. Mine was 176.
Do you guys believe in the old wife tales or haha? Coz I get carried away on google and I end up over thinking stuff. People saying if it’s 140 or Lower it’s a boy but if it’s above or in 170s it’s a girl. Has this been true with any of you who have children already? The joys of google haha!! Xxxx

What really? No way :(((( id have to book a private one in the mean time if it was me. I already had a private one at 9 weeks for reassurance and then next one is 12 weeks and 20 weeks but after 20 weeks you don’t get anymore scans so I’ll probably end up paying for another private one half way through. Xxxx

Yeah it sucks, we moved to a smaller town too and I haven't found a private scan place yet. I will probably ask the OB. Oh and my little one's HR was 182bpm at my 9 week scan. They are all really high at this stage I think...my first's(boy) HR was always over 140 . My first scan with him it was in the 170's, so it wasn't true for me. A lot of other old wives tales were true for me last time though.

I am so anxious waiting for my NIPT results. Hoping they will be here Monday...maybe tomorrow bc my drs office is open Saturday. I have no feeling girl or boy this time. Last time, I knew it was a boy. Anyone have a feeling what they might be having?

Last edited:
I had no feeling at all last time, and I genuinely wasn’t bothered what I was having either so we didn’t find out.

Won’t be finding out this time either, and I’m not sure what I want haha on the one hand a girl would be nice to have one of each and also for that mother/daughter relationship as she’s older, but it would be really nice to see a brother bond between my babies too!

I will be posting scan pics on social media etc but will be asking nun theorists to keep their opinions to themselves because I don’t want it spoiled! Haha

After 4 girls I'm just automatically assuming it's bound to be another girl. They would all love a little brother. My eldest was a little upset that her younger sister was a girl because she desperately wanted a little brother but she wouldn't change her for the world. Last pregnancy I was hoping for a boy but this time I'm really not fussed just so long as their healthy. I don't think I would believe them if they said boy. I actually wondered if the 4 chemicals I had over this last year could have been boys and maybe I'm one of these that can't carry a certain sex. Obviously no knowing that tho but I'd never had that happen before so thought maybe I'd had a run of 4 boys after 4 girls and that this one stuck because it's a girl.

What was all your baby’s heart rates? If you’ve heard it yet. Mine was 176.
Do you guys believe in the old wife tales or haha? Coz I get carried away on google and I end up over thinking stuff. People saying if it’s 140 or Lower it’s a boy but if it’s above or in 170s it’s a girl. Has this been true with any of you who have children already? The joys of google haha!! Xxxx

my sons heart rate was 176. This baby’s is 179 & we will see in the next few days what the gender is. I don’t buy it. I had all girl “wives tales” and he’s a boy.

I don't care either way either. I am more nervous for the main/healthy/trisomy results more than the gender. It will be cool to know though.

my sons heart rate was 176. This baby’s is 179 & we will see in the next few days what the gender is. I don’t buy it. I had all girl “wives tales” and he’s a boy.
When you having your gender scan? Xxx

10 weeks today. Sick as can be. Follow up visit on Tuesday. We’ll see if they do a scan or not, not sure if they will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->