*** September 2020 Babies ***

Laura I completely feel the same I had my 20 week scan on Wednesday on my own and they couldn’t confirm the gender! So don’t know whether it’s definite and to go ahead and buy pink and do gender reveal with the kids :shrug:

I feel like slot has been taken away it’s our last too and it’s making me feel like I want another any excuse eh :haha: I’ll be gutted if we can’t rebook a 4d scan xx8F557E29-3FCB-46E4-930E-9CA87DC9A794.jpeg

@pennies I can't see my hospital allowing facetime. I think I'd much prefer if they could at least let us film it on our phones because then we get to keep it but I doubt they'd allow that either.

@wantingagirl how frustrating that they couldn't confirm baby's gender. I would hate to not know because I personally don't like to by gender neutral. I love colourful things. With one of mine they weren't 100%. I went ahead and brought all girl things and was paranoid the whole time she'd come out a boy, lol. I am a little worried with this going on that they won't focus on telling the sex and they will rush to get people in and out. It would kill me to not find out as I'm impatient already.
My dh said to me not to get any ideas about wanting another because of what's happening now. He knew I really wanted to make the most of every second with this one and I'm finding it hard to do. Most days I even forget I'm pregnant because my minds constantly on the news and worrying about us or the girls getting this virus. The weeks seem to be flying past since I've reached the 2nd trimester. I'm worried this will pass me by and baby will be here and I didn't make the most of every second like I wanted to. He would never agree to another and with how sick I was this time around for the first 14 weeks I'm not sure I could go through that part again. I still can't quite believe all this is happening. Its like living in a horror movie

I’ve had three ultrasound appointments canceled!! I was suppose to find out gender the 24, but it was canceled for the third time because of this pandemic):, I find out gender May 5!! I’m hoping for a boy, but I have a strong feeling it’s a girl :( but I’ll love her or him either way... I just hate having to wait another two weeks to know at 20+4 :cry: I also can’t afford genetic testing so.. I’m SOL there. I worry so much. ): I’m 18+3

I haven’t seen my baby since I was 8 weeks either

I’ve had three ultrasound appointments canceled!! I was suppose to find out gender the 24, but it was canceled for the third time because of this pandemic):, I find out gender May 5!! I’m hoping for a boy, but I have a strong feeling it’s a girl :( but I’ll love her or him either way... I just hate having to wait another two weeks to know at 20+4 :cry: I also can’t afford genetic testing so.. I’m SOL there. I worry so much. ): I’m 18+3

Ugh that sucks! They just called me today to schedule mine for next Thursday. I will be 20w3d. It feels like it has been forever! I haven't seen my little one since 9 weeks. Have you felt any movement yet? That has kind of helped me. I know it is hard not to worry, but the ultrasound and measurements from that will rule a lot of things out and some of the other bloodwork you will do. I just did a blood test for spina bifida and that is required for everyone I think, not something you pay extra for. It is hard especially during quarantine not to think about things. The little kicks/flutters help me, but I know how you feel. Hang in there!

Last edited:
Update here!
Had anatomy scan yesterday at 18w2d. Couldn’t have gone better. Everything was perfect. Also baby is still 1000% girl :cloud9:
More details of the story in my journal. Starting to get more excited instead of nervous <3

Ugh that sucks! They just called me today to schedule mine for next Thursday. I will be 20w3d. It feels like it has been forever! I haven't seen my little one since 9 weeks. Have you felt any movement yet? That has kind of helped me. I know it is hard not to worry, but the ultrasound and measurements from that will rule a lot of things out and some of the other bloodwork you will do. I just did a blood test for spina bifida and that is required for everyone I think, not something you pay extra for. It is hard especially during quarantine not to think about things. The little kicks/flutters help me, but I know how you feel. Hang in there!
Thanks girl, yes I feel him or her kick all the time! I’m 19 weeks today! Yay!

Had my scan on Thursday there, my husband was not allowed to come. I asked about FaceTime and she said no, however our hospital board had agreed that she could film a clip at the end and mums are allowed to record that on their phones - so that was nice at least!

Baby all looking good and measuring well, did get told that I have an anterior placenta this time though, so at least that answers the question of why I haven’t had much movement.

We debated on finding out the gender right up until going in! We’ve always said team yellow, but with the current circumstances we thought finding out might be a nice lift for our families and since we’re stuck at home we could decorate the room etc. Well baby had other ideas, legs, ankles and feet firmly crossed and tucked under bum! The sonographer even had me run up and down the stairs but they still wouldn’t shift! :lol:

Got my consultant appointment early too, so I don’t need to go back in 2 weeks time. They will be monitoring my blood pressure every 2 weeks from 28 weeks, then weekly from 32 weeks. Will also be doing growth scans at 32 and 36 weeks too, so that feels a lot more reassuring!

B116DBEB-23F4-42DF-88A4-AD45568C6B7C.jpeg

@pennies I can't see my hospital allowing facetime. I think I'd much prefer if they could at least let us film it on our phones because then we get to keep it but I doubt they'd allow that either.

@wantingagirl how frustrating that they couldn't confirm baby's gender. I would hate to not know because I personally don't like to by gender neutral. I love colourful things. With one of mine they weren't 100%. I went ahead and brought all girl things and was paranoid the whole time she'd come out a boy, lol. I am a little worried with this going on that they won't focus on telling the sex and they will rush to get people in and out. It would kill me to not find out as I'm impatient already.
My dh said to me not to get any ideas about wanting another because of what's happening now. He knew I really wanted to make the most of every second with this one and I'm finding it hard to do. Most days I even forget I'm pregnant because my minds constantly on the news and worrying about us or the girls getting this virus. The weeks seem to be flying past since I've reached the 2nd trimester. I'm worried this will pass me by and baby will be here and I didn't make the most of every second like I wanted to. He would never agree to another and with how sick I was this time around for the first 14 weeks I'm not sure I could go through that part again. I still can't quite believe all this is happening. Its like living in a horror movie

yep I’m the same feel like the last time has been snatched away from me but my hubby says just be grateful you are pregnant and baby is fine. I think he’s right and I think I will always have an excuse to why to have one more :haha: hubby’s adamant he’s done plus I am 39 next week he’s 41 and no more room! I think I’m destined to forever to be broody and someone needs to make the decision for me. Just try and enjoy it the best you can and think of all this time you and baby get to bond together with no interruptions. I sure don’t know about how I’ll cope with no testing ever again!

i am gutted if we don’t get this 4d scan plus we don’t know what it is. Guess it would be a nice surprise though I got loads of scans with Leo but the 20 week one was prob my last one :wacko:

Where are you all getting maternity stuff from and how much of each?! Here’s an up up date bump pic of my little baba <3 excuse my makeup free face :haha: ps I’m having such bad heartburn this time! 91110ECD-C669-49C7-9B02-CB836742AFC9.jpeg

yep I’m the same feel like the last time has been snatched away from me but my hubby says just be grateful you are pregnant and baby is fine. I think he’s right and I think I will always have an excuse to why to have one more :haha: hubby’s adamant he’s done plus I am 39 next week he’s 41 and no more room! I think I’m destined to forever to be broody and someone needs to make the decision for me. Just try and enjoy it the best you can and think of all this time you and baby get to bond together with no interruptions. I sure don’t know about how I’ll cope with no testing ever again!

i am gutted if we don’t get this 4d scan plus we don’t know what it is. Guess it would be a nice surprise though I got loads of scans with Leo but the 20 week one was prob my last one :wacko:

I agree I'll be forever broody too. I just love being pregnant and babies. I had a letter through this morning saying my scan had been cancelled. Was just about to get upset when I realised they'd rearranged it from the afternoon to the morning of the same day. I would have been gutted if i'd have had to wait a few more weeks. I'm almost convinced baby will be in an awkward position and they won't be able to tell the sex. As much as I think it would be amazing to wait until baby's born to find out I just don't have the patience and I want to be prepared with what I buy. I don't want to have to have neutral things. I'm so sure it's a girl tho. This pregnancy hasn't been much different to the others so far apart from the morning sickness being the worst out of them all.

Has anyone had the whooping cough vaccine and had a reaction or took any photos from it? I had mine last Friday and Saturday it was big and red mark and I thought it might of been normal and it went by Monday. I’ve had nothing since and I woke up this morning randomly 3 days after nothing and it’s flared up again?! I don’t feel unwell or any other symptoms but it’s HUGE!!! I rang A midwife and she tried to tell me it’s normal even though she’s not seen it and I said it’s massive. She said it might be coz I’ve slept on it or put too much pressure on it in my sleep... she said aslong as it don’t spread or is just around where I had my injection. BUT ITS HUGE??? I’m sorry but does this look normal ? Coz I don’t think it does but I don’t want to doubt her opinion but I don’t think she realises how big it is and it’s weird for it to flar up again but she said sometimes it can ??? Any advice ladies and did you experience anything similar ????? It’s now day 6 since I had it done. And like I said it already went after 2 days and now back !! 6722D49E-BB83-46A8-BDB8-23C33608A3A8.jpeg 552DEE93-2FC3-4BDA-84CF-64CEB21DD49A.jpeg6722D49E-BB83-46A8-BDB8-23C33608A3A8.jpeg552DEE93-2FC3-4BDA-84CF-64CEB21DD49A.jpeg

Just had my 20 week scan - all is fine! Thank goodness!
And.....it’s a girl! Yay!!

Congratulations! Have added it to page 1!

Out of 17 in this group we now look like this:
:pink: x 4
:blue: x 2
:yellow: x 1
:bfp: (waiting to hear) x 6
:angel: x 4

Has anyone had the whooping cough vaccine and had a reaction or took any photos from it? I had mine last Friday and Saturday it was big and red mark and I thought it might of been normal and it went by Monday. I’ve had nothing since and I woke up this morning randomly 3 days after nothing and it’s flared up again?! I don’t feel unwell or any other symptoms but it’s HUGE!!! I rang A midwife and she tried to tell me it’s normal even though she’s not seen it and I said it’s massive. She said it might be coz I’ve slept on it or put too much pressure on it in my sleep... she said aslong as it don’t spread or is just around where I had my injection. BUT ITS HUGE??? I’m sorry but does this look normal ? Coz I don’t think it does but I don’t want to doubt her opinion but I don’t think she realises how big it is and it’s weird for it to flar up again but she said sometimes it can ??? Any advice ladies and did you experience anything similar ????? It’s now day 6 since I had it done. And like I said it already went after 2 days and now back !! View attachment 1081386 View attachment 1081387View attachment 1081386View attachment 1081387

Haven’t had mine yet, no idea when I’ll get it we haven’t seen a midwife since my booking in and was told my 24 week will be video call so won’t see her until 28 weeks?

That definitely doesn’t look “normal” though, I’d be pushing to get it checked out?

Had my ultrasound today...20w3d. The ultrasound tech said the dr would tell me if everything is normal or not, but I was reading the measurements and they all said between 20w3d and 20w5d....so I'm hoping everything is ok. Just annoying she couldn't say. HB was 153bpm. It wasn't 3d like I thought the ob said it would be but whatever. Just glad I got to see her! We're halfway there guys!

Congrats on your scan @Nikie !

20200430_153358.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on your scans guys

luceann how is your arm now?

v- day for me in 9 days :)

I bought a maternity dress I’m not really a dressy person so not 100% sure :haha:

I agree I'll be forever broody too. I just love being pregnant and babies. I had a letter through this morning saying my scan had been cancelled. Was just about to get upset when I realised they'd rearranged it from the afternoon to the morning of the same day. I would have been gutted if i'd have had to wait a few more weeks. I'm almost convinced baby will be in an awkward position and they won't be able to tell the sex. As much as I think it would be amazing to wait until baby's born to find out I just don't have the patience and I want to be prepared with what I buy. I don't want to have to have neutral things. I'm so sure it's a girl tho. This pregnancy hasn't been much different to the others so far apart from the morning sickness being the worst out of them all.

ive has similar pregnancy’s but different sexes so you can never tell although my gut was right with every single one? When is your scan? I don’t know how I accept never testing ever again :haha: getting too old for this now!

I just saw the radiology report from my ultrasound. At the bottom, it says
"Single intrauterine gestation of an estimated gestational age of 20 weeks 4 days and an estimated delivery date of 9/13/2020."
So I guess she was measuring a day ahead. But my son measured 6 days ahead (his head measured 2 weeks ahead) and they never changed the due date, so I'll wait until I hear from the OB, who they said is not in til Monday. So annoying ultrasound techs aren't allowed to tell you everything is fine now right after the ultrasoun...at least here they can't. When I had my ultrasound with my son 2 years ago, they told me right after everything was great. Oh well. I guess it is a liability.

The report also said she weighed 365 grams which is about 13 oz I think...almost a lb! It sucks no more ultrasounds. Hope everyone is doing alright! Such a weird time right now with covid19.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->