September 2021 due date babies!!!

@MadamRose yay for home birth appt! Do they set up a tub and get ready ahead of time or set up everything when you go into labor?

@LoneWanderer all my old stretch marks are stretched to the max. So I am expecting to get some new ones this time around. Been using lotion but doesn’t seem to help.

sorry it’s so hot there ladies! I am in Texas so we always have hot summers, but we have AC so I can hide out indoors. But I feel for y’all at night, I hate sleeping hot.

I’ve been doing the finger pricking and my GD numbers have stayed under 100 so that’s good. Eating lower carb is no fun , but glad I am controlling it with diet so far. Also got a cold this weekend, feeling gross and congested so have been resting up. Hoping it doesn’t last too long. My next appt is Tuesday and hopefully they will make a growth scan appointment then. FXd

@MadamRose iv always been fascinated by homebirth. What do they do at the appointment tomorrow? Good luck and look forward to the update!

@Zoboe95 hope little one is feeling a bit better soon!

@atx614 I'm so very jealous of your air conditioning right now!! I caught the kids bug and have d&s which sucks! Worrying about dehydrating now!!

SO ladies I have been given a finger prick test for a week to check my blood sugars before and after every meal cos I was borderline at the gtt. I've done 4 tests now and had 1 fine, 1 too high but only by a bit and 2 borderline does that seem about right to u? Xx

@Catmumof4 what was ur exact levels after eating if u don't mind me asking? I'm type 1 but had gd with my 21 month old x

@MadamRose iv always been fascinated by homebirth. What do they do at the appointment tomorrow? Good luck and look forward to the update!

@Zoboe95 hope little one is feeling a bit better soon!

@atx614 I'm so very jealous of your air conditioning right now!! I caught the kids bug and have d&s which sucks! Worrying about dehydrating now!!

SO ladies I have been given a finger prick test for a week to check my blood sugars before and after every meal cos I was borderline at the gtt. I've done 4 tests now and had 1 fine, 1 too high but only by a bit and 2 borderline does that seem about right to u? Xx
Yes what were your numbers? They keep the goals sooo tight with gestational diabetes because they are just trying to make extra sure the baby is ok. I wouldn’t worry about borderline numbers personally (being my 4th go around with GD) but if you get one high with a normal meal I’m guessing your team will want you on full GD care. Which most of the time is ok, just change up your diet a bit and add a walk after meals for 10 mins if you’re a bit high…

but gosh today I just want a piece of pie or something so badly XD

@atx614 i set up my own pool when it arrives, to check it’s got no problems and to give me time to get a new one if it has, but you don’t fill it with water until your in labour and the midwives arrives. This appointment is to check my house is safe for a home birth (not a top story flat or something) to make notes about where ambulances can park in case of emergency and just go though different things with me, I know a lot of it from my last home birth. Sometimes they leave the odd thing but that depends on where you live round here they bring all their stuff with them on the day.

@Catmumof4 my first was born in hospital (I’d wanted a home birth but had reduced fetal movement a few days before she was born so they said no. Her birth was lovely but the after care was shocking, so after that I said I’d never give birth in hospital again unless it was a real emergency, baby was super early or a dangerous breech or something. So my DD2 was born at home and it was the most magical experience ever, I’ve said from the start with this one I’d have them at home, what helps is my midwife is so supportive of the home birth. She said if she’s in clinic the day I labour she’ll ask the on duty midwife to do her clinic so she can be at the birth :)

Home birth signed off - midwife was really happy and not at all surprised or worried but the weight, and agreed it sound about right to be similar to the girls :) she said I had one of the most experienced sonographers do the scan so the measurements should be pretty accurate etc. Baby can officially come any time after 12 days time!!!!

@MadamRose Omg 12 days!!!!! Your officially in the days!! How exciting. It's great they are so organised! A homebirth is the only type of birth I haven't experienced and I wish I had had the belief in myself when I could have had one but has to be a section this time round. Will need full details when you have baby, i will live through you Lol!!

@playgirl666 and @Reiko_ctu If I'm honest iv barely been eating because I had/have a bug so the numbers aren't showing what I usually would be.. the numbers that are higher seem to be the before eating... it's so weird. Will give exact numbers when I get a chance to get to the pad xx

@MadamRose Omg 12 days!!!!! Your officially in the days!! How exciting. It's great they are so organised! A homebirth is the only type of birth I haven't experienced and I wish I had had the belief in myself when I could have had one but has to be a section this time round. Will need full details when you have baby, i will live through you Lol!!

@playgirl666 and @Reiko_ctu If I'm honest iv barely been eating because I had/have a bug so the numbers aren't showing what I usually would be.. the numbers that are higher seem to be the before eating... it's so weird. Will give exact numbers when I get a chance to get to the pad xx
If you’re sick your numbers will likely be higher than normal too hun. If they’re borderline and you’ve got a tummy bug you’re probably ok. And it can be normal for pre meal numbers to be higher if you’re not eating much. You have to eat regularly to keep your levels balanced! I would try not to worry about it.

@MadamRose so exciting when you get to count down to term in days!! ...I'm 31 weeks tomorrow, but time seems to have frozen slightly, and although I'm busy and the days are kind of whizzing past, my due date still seems ages away!

Should probably be counting down the weeks til baby, but honestly I wish I had a bit longer left so we could sort this damn house buy out first(!)

But I *am* counting down til I can get my vaccine... and until this heat fucks off... and until I can see my feet again... and until my pelvis is no longer snapping in half. And most of that requires baby haha!

So, just five weeks max left now, eeek. Dunno where third tri went.

Tbh I can’t believe it’s only 12 days til full term especially as I still have two more days at work too! I’m in a weird dilemma of wanting it to go really slow as this is the last time I’ll be pregnant, and slowly getting fed up of being pregnant :rofl:

So exciting @madomrose so happy everything is going to plan. 12 days till full term thats crazy. I still remember u getting ure bfp.

@LoneWanderer I am not coping with this heat at all. I wish it wud bugger off.

It's so damn hot that the only thing I could possibly imagine wearing today is a nice floaty summer dress.

My legs however were NOT summer dress ready.

So I got on the floor of the shower, navigated my way around the 34 weeks bump, painfully forcing the tearing-apart pelvis to comply, and slowly, agonisingly, managed to get as far as my knees shaved (just hope noone looks too close as I did an awful job).

Then I got absolutely stuck, had to be hauled out by the other half.

But successfully in the damn dress, so... yay - right?

Wrong. Remembered I have damn midwife appt this aft, dutifully changed back into leggings so I don't have everything hanging out during measuring etc.

Waste of a fucking morning and now everything hurts. :rofl:

@LoneWanderer haha you crack me up! At least they are shaved now so you can wear the dress tomorrow! I need to shave so bad!

@Catmumof4 i have GD so have been finder pricking too. My numbers have been between 81-95 almost everytime, but have had one that was 101. But they told me not to worry about anything under 120. Not sure if that helps! I have been eating low carb and walking after meals so I think That has been helping keep my numbers fine.

@MadamRose i can’t believe you are so close!! So excited for you!

i have been so anxious about doing anything as we have the Delta COVID variant here now and cases are on the rise again. Everyone is acting like this are fine again so it is starting to spread like crazy. School starts in three weeks and I am so anxious to send my kids. Do y’all have the variant there?

@LoneWanderer haha you crack me up! At least they are shaved now so you can wear the dress tomorrow! I need to shave so bad!

@Catmumof4 i have GD so have been finder pricking too. My numbers have been between 81-95 almost everytime, but have had one that was 101. But they told me not to worry about anything under 120. Not sure if that helps! I have been eating low carb and walking after meals so I think That has been helping keep my numbers fine.

@MadamRose i can’t believe you are so close!! So excited for you!

i have been so anxious about doing anything as we have the Delta COVID variant here now and cases are on the rise again. Everyone is acting like this are fine again so it is starting to spread like crazy. School starts in three weeks and I am so anxious to send my kids. Do y’all have the variant there?

Yup we are fast approaching worse than its ever been here thanks to delta - like, give it ten days and we'll be over the highest peak of the whole thing - and yet absolutely all restrictions are gone and everyone is just acting normal. Terrifying. Our town has seen a 600% rise in cases, we are now worse than it was in Nov and that's when we lost my mum in law to it. She worked in hospital and that's where she caught it, so obvs I am pretty freaked about going in to have baby next month. Once that's done though, can get jabbed and then six months of isolation with my little family, hoping it all passes over. I wanted the boy to start nursery - he's very behind, 22 months and not talking a single word, not very social either - but honestly I'd rather keep him home and safe from the virus another half year and hope he catches up later. Scary times.

Midwife all fine, well baby is fine anyway, normal heartbeat, measuring 3 weeks over but following his curve perfectly. She's done urgent physio referral though, says I can't go another month in pain and not being able to walk, and that the separation really does seem very severe, so hopefully they'll contact sooner rather than later. And if not maybe at least will help me push for 38 week delivery with consultant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->