September 2021 due date babies!!!

I haven’t packed my bag yet!

growth scan went well today although I’m not entirely sure on weight! I think she’s at 5lb by my working! So I reckon 8lb by the time she comes

consultant really happy with how I’ve controlled my numbers with diet so that was good

hope everyone else is ok xx

@Neversayno well done on keeping the numbers low! I would suck so bad at having diabetes I'm not even joking lol
X

Lovely weight @Neversayno

My little one was estimated at 6lbs 8oz at 34+5 so definitely expecting another big baby!

@Catmumof4 ive managed to lose the stone I put on being pregnant I’m slightly less than I was pre pregnancy.

It is hard but I’m trying my best because it’s really freaked me out.

@MadamRose everuone I’ve spoken to has said to take their measurements with a pinch of salt lol I never had this with Charlie in terms of growth scans but they told me he would be 8-9lbs and he was 2 weeks late and 7lb 12 so I have no idea!!

@Catmumof4 ive managed to lose the stone I put on being pregnant I’m slightly less than I was pre pregnancy.

It is hard but I’m trying my best because it’s really freaked me out.

@MadamRose everuone I’ve spoken to has said to take their measurements with a pinch of salt lol I never had this with Charlie in terms of growth scans but they told me he would be 8-9lbs and he was 2 weeks late and 7lb 12 so I have no idea!!
Mine puts baby on track to be similar to my daughters, 9lbs 12oz and 9lbs 13oz so I trust it this time tbh. They got my eldest really wrong told me she was 7lbs (she was born a few days later 9lbs 12oz)

@Neversayno oh your nursery is so pretty!!! We don’t have an extra room for a nursery this time around, but there is plenty of room with her sister. We just need to dig the crib out of storage and clean it up and set it up. I’m so sorry about the break up but congrats on your move!!

I have an appointment tomorrow but nothing exciting. Just a check in and Doppler. But hopefully can get some answers on what the hospital protocol is right now with how many people we can have and such. It was just one person but I heard they had started allowing two. But not sure now with the variant here and rates going up again. The kids start school in two weeks which is nice but crazy summer break is almost over already

Eugh I've had the real worries the last couple of days ...I have days where my brain is worrying and I just don't know what I'm worrying about ...these usually relate to when I'm due a period, or if I'm having a massive sugar low ...don't know what it is ATM, but it's driving me nuts! I'm ok when I'm busy, but today it's just me and toddler, and I find myself just thinking and I don't even know what I'm thinking about, but I start worrying, wondering if I've upset someone, or forgotten to do something etc etc. It may just be all hormonal stuff I guess but it's driving me loopy now! (I'm not crazy btw, this is low key stuff, just gives me slight butterflies)

@atx614 I wanted to ask about hospital protocol too! I believe at ours partners are allowed in throughout labour, then for 3 hours a day...but this could be wrong! ...also mask wearing, we still have to wear a mask to appointments, but obvs you don't have to wear a mask in labour, but where is the line drawn, when can you stop wearing it, and when will they make you wearing it again?!

Maybe these sort of uncertainties aren't helping my poor little brain! I need a distraction!

Hello ladies.

I really need to catch up on the thread because I've been MIA.

I just thought I wud update.
My itching has been bad and my skin is such a mess that I decided not to risk waiting for my consultant appointment next week to get more bloods taken.

I ended calling the day assessment unit yesterday afternoon and I was told my bile levels have gone from a 4 to a 13 so borderline ICP.
That was the results from 2 weeks ago so she told me to come in rite away and have more bloods taken.

So I spent 4 hours yesterday evening in the day assessment unit.
I was monitored for the first time this pregnancy and baby was really active and HB was great then I had the bloods taken and then they wanted the Dr to take a look at my skin.

He said it does look like ICP but we will see what my levels are now.
In some countries a bile level of 10 and over is classed as ICP but here is 14 and over and mine 2 weeks ago was a 13 so I'm right on the threshold.

They said if my levels have gone up higher they will call me.
So just a matter of waiting now.

Busy day today. I have a hospital appointment (neurology) at 11am and I have my repeat 4D scan at 3:40pm. It was at 6:20 but I've brought it forward.

No more news as of yet about induction but I guess it all depends on these bile acids and if they are going to keep rising.
If they get to a certain level then induction will be earlier than 37 weeks but that's only if they get close to 100.

My bile acids with Tommy got to 50 odd so I was induced at 37 weeks.

So it's just a matter of waiting to see latest results and continuing to have bloods taken for rises.

Will hopefully get a chance to get on here later and have a good catch up.

Hope ure all OK.

Aye in same boat here with the whole covid rules on ward worries, especially with the planned section thing. As far as I can tell from the online guidance, other half can come in straight away, get prepped for theatre, see the birth and stay with us in recovery - but he can't come onto ward. However, everyone on ward can have one two-hour visitor slot (booked in advance).

Thing is, last time I was so out of it and couldn't even move from the spinal, and I don't remember much of the first day, other half dressed and held baby and helped me sit up and eat and stuff. And when they took me for a walk and shower after my feet came back, he took care of baby then too. I was basically useless for first 16 hours or so.

So not sure how recovery will work without him. Like do I just leave baby on his own and go for shower?! How do I reach over and get baby from cot on my own? What about getting clothes out of bag etc, changing my own clothes, doing baby's nappy, all that...? Being cut in half is hard enough without being abandoned to care for a newborn alone too...!

Seems silly to me, surely it's more of a risk having midwives move bed to bed looking after different people, than for partners to just be the main nurse and stay on ward looking after mums and babies?! But hey what do I bloody know? :rofl:

Midwife appt today birth plan done pretty basic as it’ll all depend on baby.

Im 3/5 engaged I asked if baby woll pop out she said no that babkes head is right down no chance. She thinks I’ve a week or so tops. I’ve been having irregular tightenings and pains that are sharper so possible it’s happening soon

@Suggerhoney sorry you are having such a tough time.

@Bittersweet hope baby stays put at long as possible!!!!

I feel for all you ladies having to worry about people at the hospital etc. That’s definitely one positive about being at home I’m having my best friend (as long as she isn’t away - my mum if she is) and my girls. After birth I’ve said I’m not going to tell anyone for a day or two so me and the girls have time to bond with baby as a family.

My birthing pool has arrived - I’m now 36+2 and now my pool is here if I go into labour before 37 weeks I’ll stay at home no matter whether it’s approved or not - I don’t feel there is a big difference in the next 5 days in terms of birthing at home!

ECAA0491-CDAD-498A-89CF-5879173C6AF6.jpeg

@LoneWanderer I'm hoping I won't be csection, but a lot of the worries are the same...even down to what do I do with baby when I need a wee?!

@Bittersweet very exciting! Forgive me if I've missed anything but did you know you were likely to have an early bubba?

@LoneWanderer I'm hoping I won't be csection, but a lot of the worries are the same...even down to what do I do with baby when I need a wee?!

@Bittersweet very exciting! Forgive me if I've missed anything but did you know you were likely to have an early bubba?

I mean honestly last time I just left him in the crib and waddled off to the loo or to make a cuppa or whatever haha! But that was like 10 mins max so wasn't too worried. Saw other ladies wheeling the little cots everywhere with them but not me. :rofl:

But the midwives did nothing really, have heard other folk say they had help lifting baby and changing, dressing them etc but they just left me to it. Didn't matter last time though, had other half and both our mums, and later my dad and stepmum and sister, so always someone around except at night (10pm was kicking out time).

I stayed in an extra day last time - they won't send you home with morphine and I wasn't ready to come off it after just one day - but I think this time pain be damned, I'll go home soon as they'll let me.

Erin was in a hot cot so was plugged into the wall...certainly no moving her! Was no problem while she was in NICU, I could wee freely but when she was at bedside I was in a ward of 8 beds and there was only me and one other woman in there, so it was really quiet. Like you say, fine whilst oh or family were there, but tricky when no one about! Going to a much busier hospital this time though so probably won't be like that!

My midwives were pretty useless last time...they all had different advice, and I was struggling to feed Erin, and they stressed me out more than helping! She had to be fed by syringe to start in the end!!

My midwives were pretty useless last time...they all had different advice, and I was struggling to feed Erin, and they stressed me out more than helping! She had to be fed by syringe to start in the end!!

Oh god yeah don't talk to me about bloody midwives and feeding, we had a nightmare. So they kept telling me Sheamus had a great latch and was feeding fine, even though I could tell he wasn't. Apparently my position was the problem, one midwife actually wrestled my hands to where she wanted them while I still had cannula in, which proper fucking wrecked tbh. But he just kept screaming all the first day and night.

Middle of night one I was walking about in the corridor trying to calm him so he wouldn't disturb the other ladies on the ward, and one midwife actually tutted at me and said 'he's crying coz he's starving, feed him!' which was literally all I'd tried to do for the entire day and night. At this point I hadn't slept in like 48 hours either.

Next morning both my community midwives (aka absolutely bloody angels) came in for a visit, I was in a right state by then, so first thing they did was give him a formula cup and he was so calm after that. And they told me about expressed feeding which noone had bothered mentioning til then. From then he was bottle only forever, but half formula half breast milk feeds, and he absolutely thrived on it. Slept through from three weeks, always top of the growth chart, and such a merry little boy.

Turns out he has a lip tie (will be corrected when he's a little bigger) so he was never going to latch properly, though none of the hospital midwives ever thought to check this(!)

Lesson learned this time, I'll do whatever feels right and bollocks to the staff. No messing with these second time mummas; we know our babies better than them, right?!!!
:holly:

Oh gosh @Bittersweet I'm praying baby stays put for a few more weeks yet hon. Hope u make I to 37 weeks at least there full term then and fully developed.
They won't even induce me at 36 weeks becuase there lungs are still not fully mature untill 37 weeks.
They will only induce me b5 37 weeks if my bile levels get very high.

I pray ure baby stays put untill 37 weeks at the earliest hon.
They can be engaged for a while. Even weeks
Keeping it all crossed baby stays put and keeps baking.

Feeling u all on the worry of being on ward.
As you all know i have to spend 5 nights in hospital after giving birth possibly more.

As it stands we are aloud one visitor and that has to be our birth partner.
I'm not sure of times or what not I was just told that.

I had to have surgery after DD and DS because of hemorrhage.
@LoneWanderer I feel u hon. I had a spinal after giving birth to DS because I had to have surgery because of hemorrhage and for about 15 hours after I cud hardly move.
I was wired up to a drip and blood bag too so it was a nightmare. My DH helped alot and thankfully during the night the midwifes helped with feeding and giving him to me etc.
But my DH was the main one.

I stayed in for 6 days after having DS and when I was on the ward I had to wheel him everywhere with me in his little cot thing.

It was lovely having my DH and other visitors come and hold him and feed him it gave me time to get changed and washed properly.

Gosh it's such a worry this time.

Also sure my bump just keeps getting lower at this point!

07C6FEA9-441F-44F0-8854-0C4BBBB46C05.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"