• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

September 2021 due date babies!!!

@Zoboe95 glad all went well with the midwife glad they are looking after you well.

@BanterBusMum no previous experience but hope all manages to go as planned.

@LoneWanderer i don’t think I could birth without water. I had my first in hospital but in the pool just gas and air (9lb 12). My 2nd was home water birth completely naturally (9lbs 13oz) already told my midwife I plan on a home water birth with this one too.

AFM - 1 week until my dating scan! Why does it still feel so far away!

I am a little sad to have missed out on natural water birth. It was my plan all along with #1. But then as my due date approached and I just kept on getting bigger, I got sent for extra scans... the consultant and midwives all agreed I was on course for a 10lb+ baby. And then he went 10 days overdue, wasn't engaging at all, and induction did absolutely nothing. So I told them there was no chance I was having this enormous baby 'normally', so finally demanded and got a section.

And then he turned out to be a very reasonable 8lb 8oz(!) I could definitely have managed that.

:rofl:

Being consultant led now I am pretty sure they'd let me go for the VBAC if I wanted, but water would be out of the question in case of any sudden issues.

So I'm going straight to the section, no messing about. Quite excited though, I did really enjoy the last one, such a calm experience and recovery wasn't bad at all. But... I would have liked the water!

I was hoping for a water birth with no 1 ...it was all so fast I didn't have time! Waters broke about 6pm, went in and got checked then sent home. Contractions started about 11pm, went into hospital for about 12.30 as contractions ramped up fast. Rude midwife said I shouldn't have bothered coming in as still at 0cm would be there hours and hours...a while later called her back as had that pushing feeling...checked and she could see head! Lo born at 3.59am!!

Last few days I’ve had terrible backache on the left side
And my lady bits. Omg. so it started just a sharp pain and now I’ve got a contact dull heavy ache I actually can’t walk properly at times. Checked and there’s no physical sign maybe a bit swollen and red.

I’ve read it could be varicose veins? I’m hoping they will go away

I too wanted a water birth but with son being premature and complications il have to have a pretty much medical Labour again this time round :(. But it is what it is to get a healthy bubba I’m hoping il be able to walk around a little bit I did with my son but not lots

@LoneWanderer the measurements scans can be way off! They told me my son would be about 7 pounds. He came
A day after the scan and was 9 pounds 12 oz! Mentally I am glad I thought he would be small and I had an all natural drug free birth for him.

@Zoboe95 omg. I had a very similar experience with my DD I will never forget. I was 1cm and then an hour later I was in so much pain and about to throw up in a bag and the nurse muttered “it’s going to be a long day if this is how she is acting at 1cm” so freaking rude. Nope I dilated so quickly and was already 10cm and had her in 3 pushes lol. She did aplogize though. And then said I did great for my first delivery. She was snarky lol.

@Bittersweet im sorry about the pain. I have varicose veins in my legs by my calf that cause pain. I would die if they were on my lady bits. Maybe they can get you a cream or witch hazel may help?

@atx614 the told me a similar thing with DD one growth scan 3 or 4 days before she was born told she was 7lbs something then born at 9lbs 12oz

Well ladies I’m outside waiting for my 10.15 scan I’m so nervous. I just don’t have a great feeling about this.

@Neversayno good luck on your scan!

@LoneWanderer ah I love your bump! I showed way early with my second one cause I had just been pregnant lol. I loved it though cause I looked pregnant longer.

@MadamRose its crazy how off those scans can be!

I haven’t weighed myself but I should. I don’t think I have gained any as I am not eating much. But I am also eating noodles and cereal lol, so maybe I have.

Thank you all.

absolutely over the moon that all is safe and well. Baby was measuring ahead so they estimate DD as 14 September. I will wait for NHS to confirm. Baby was moving about/upside down and a strong heart beat flickering away. I know I’m not out of the woods yet but I feel so reassured.

meet Baby G @ 9+3 ❤️

89AAB0CC-A992-4782-8466-7A7538803B0C.jpeg

@Neversayno beautiful scan pic!! So glad you have reassurance! When is your next scan?
Thank you. It’s amazing how reassuring it is! I am waiting for my scan date. I didn’t see midwife until Saturday so expecting it soon but the snow has meant we have had no post for 4 days!!!

We are in Texas and suppose to get snow the today and Monday as well. It’s suppose to get to 9 degrees Monday night. I have never been around something so cold lol so I will be inside the next four days lol. We already had a big snow day last month too. The most I have ever seen! Crazy weather this year. We rarely get snow maybe once every couple years and this year to have it twice and actual fluff snow is nuts. My kids sure did like it though! We don’t have proper snow wear though so they got cold quick lol.

I hit 12 weeks today :wohoo:

Shame I still have 6 more days to wait until my scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->