September 2021 due date babies!!!

Scan was amazing, literally found tiny one and their heartbeat the second they put the scanner on my stomach! Got a few really nice pictures too! It was at a random little hospital that Ive never been to before, but parking was free!!! (Is it weird to get excited about that?!) And there was no mention of cost for scan photos, they just asked if I wanted some! Managed to get bloods for testing on first attempt again too! Shared with a lot of my closest now, and going to put this pic on Facebook later tonight I think!

View attachment 1096065 View attachment 1096066

Congratulations hon so glad it went well. So nervous for mine now. Just today and tomorrow to get out the way.

Not long to go suggar!

I’ve been having more flutters and tickles today! I think it just depend where baby lies as in the scan baby was back to my stomach so I think he/she rolls around so much just now I just don’t get regular flutters.

Had a full blown tantrum because oh opened and ate some of my Mother’s Day chocolates

I forgot how weird the 16-20 week bit is.

Like, sure it's nice to feel great, which I do - hardly sick, not really off any food, more energy, all that. I'm loving that. I felt AMAZING last pregnancy, the glow most definitely found me, and I'm starting to get that way again which is awesome.

But then the flip side is all the bloating goes down a bit - my 'bump' is definitely smaller and quite squishy now - no reassuring symptoms, and with all that early movement stopping too (I guess baby has moved up a bit and found more space, I dunno?) and it's just a bit... dull, I suppose is the word I'm after?

Not even had scan date yet, it's still about a month away, so I'm just plodding along. Midwife next week though, so I guess she'll probably do the heartbeat thing and that'll be an interesting bit: last time she said she knew instantly on hearing it that he'd be a boy, and he was, so I'm curious what she reckons this time!

I'm not moaning, really I'm not, I'm fine and happy: just PROPER BLOODY BORED!

:rofl:

Last edited:
@LoneWanderer totally understand where you're coming from ...when we have symptoms, we feel like all is ok, but equally wish them gone! When the symptoms go, time drags and there's no way to check lo is ok! It's such a strange time!!

Tiny one was doing barrel rolls during my scan, it was so funny to watch! Every time she went to take the photo and measure, baby flipped!

See I won't get a Doppler, I know absolutely everyone on here seems to love them but everything I've read about them suggests they can falsely reassure, plus the stress of not finding anything would be terrible, and it's not even the actual sound of baby's heartbeat, just the machine making a noise based on it picking up the blood moving about, which could be mine or the placenta or anything really.

I mentioned it to my midwife last time round because everyone raved about them, and she was like 'no no no they are so much more trouble than they are worth and we have so many women in here who either thought everything was fine and sadly it wasn't, or they are in all the time worrying when all is actually okay'. And of course at this late stage it would be pointless anyway, either it will start moving properly in a couple of weeks or we'll have the scan in a month or whatever, so then I'll know what's going on. *shrug*

I do wish there was a home U/S scanner though so I could see the little bugger kicking about in there, that would be fun to watch. :rofl:

See I won't get a Doppler, I know absolutely everyone on here seems to love them but everything I've read about them suggests they can falsely reassure, plus the stress of not finding anything would be terrible, and it's not even the actual sound of baby's heartbeat, just the machine making a noise based on it picking up the blood moving about, which could be mine or the placenta or anything really.

I mentioned it to my midwife last time round because everyone raved about them, and she was like 'no no no they are so much more trouble than they are worth and we have so many women in here who either thought everything was fine and sadly it wasn't, or they are in all the time worrying when all is actually okay'. And of course at this late stage it would be pointless anyway, either it will start moving properly in a couple of weeks or we'll have the scan in a month or whatever, so then I'll know what's going on. *shrug*

I do wish there was a home U/S scanner though so I could see the little bugger kicking about in there, that would be fun to watch. :rofl:
There is ones you can rent for a day or two but they arent cheap

I feel like this past week has dragged so much. :coffee:

Mmmm I have been living off sandwiches LOL. At night I have been eating cheese and crackers and that usually keeps me full until breakfast.

I didn’t know the Doppler wasn’t actually baby’s HB! Crazy, learned something new. I did mine yesterday. I can find it pretty quickly now. It says about 155 still, so I will be interested if it is around that at my appt. it was 172 at my first appt and 168 at 10 weeks. So 155 seems way lower but maybe just the Doppler.

Got a walk in today and it was so nice to get some fresh air. Hoping my back and feet don’t ache tonight though.

My main thing atm is energy still. I think it’s linked to work as well as pregnancy but so many nights I’m in bed by 8pm it’s ridiculous- glad I’ve only got two days left until the weekend, and counting down to the Easter holiday as that’s when my 20 week scan falls!

Urgh so during the night and this morning I have some really uncomfortable pains right in the middle of my lower abdomen and it's doing my head in. Best theory I have is that my internal scar is getting over-stretched? Though, also backache in same spot on other side. Will see how it goes today, hopefully it'll ease on its own with a bit of rest. Got too much to do to be sat on my backside all day though so it better improve quickly!

Lone maybe round ligament pay?

so...lone and madam rose I officially will stop speaking to you cause this 16-20 week glow and feeling great where is mine?!?! Still feeling pretty rough!!!
Just really trying to enjoy it since it’s my last one but my word!!!

Sounds like round ligament Lone. I had it last week and rested and it is mostly gone now. Comes sometimes if I get up too quickly or sneeze hard lol.

Yeah every time I Google RLP comes up BUT that's supposed to be at the sides and this is bang in the middle so I dunno.

Definitely movements today though which is nice after a lazy week or so. Forgot just how much it creeps me out though hahahahaha

Just called other half at work and told him that he'd better come home with food... otherwise he'd better not come home at all.

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"