• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

September 2021 due date babies!!!

Are you in the U.K. the official guidance does say if you can’t socially distance you should work from home or being suspended on full pay basicslly

I have no choice HR won’t let me stay I’ve asked, however...I’m 28 weeks on the 18th June, 3 days before everything could all change. Believe it or not I kinda want to stay so I’m hoping that guidance is changed

@LoneWanderer
Those shoes are soooo cute. Love me a bit of retail therapy hehe. Hope things calm down a bit at home soon tho sweet.

@stephx
Good luck at ure scan.

I've been so busy today. We had a huge clear out.
Tommy is just over 19 months old now and he is still in my room by choice, his room which will also be the babies room later on was already decorated, but it has been being used as a dumping ground.
It was such a mess and did not look like a bedroom at all.

So today we have been clearing it out. And now it's all done. Will be moving Tommy in there in the next few months.

So where the chair is, is where Tommy's bed will go and later ,bunk beds.
Ignore the blue box and bag that has newborn, and other baby clothes In which I need to go through.
I will go through it and sort it all out as soon as I hit 24 weeks.

Loving this room so much now and can't stop going in there.

I wish I took a b4 picture now but it was awful and full of stuff.
Dh needs to take a bunch of stuff to the charity shop tomorrow.

Screenshot_20210429-000153_Gallery.jpg 20210428_213725.jpg

I also brought my hospital case on Saturday. I just need to buy a weekend bag now to go with it. I'm gonna be in there for a week so will need alot of stuff.

Will buy the weekend bag later on. I don't pack my hospital bags until 34 weeks.
That's just by choice tbh.
Anyway I just love this case so much, with ds I had to borrow our neighbours case so I just wanted one of my own this time.
Felt nervous about buying it because I'm only coming up to 19 weeks, but dh said they probably won't have any left if I left it and it was a bargain.
I have put it away for now in a storage cupboard.

20210425_151158.jpg

4-bloody-AM today the toddler got up. I am KNACKERED.
I absolutely hate hate hate teething.
...Hopefully this time I'll get one of those weird babies that are randomly born with loads of teeth already. :rofl:

Madamrose I would refuse! She can’t legally enforce until you’re 36 weeks so no! I’m taking from end of July off but that’s for induction mid august.

lone oh no how horrible! My LO still doesn’t sleep through so pretty used to being awake

Ahhhh Lone I'm with u on the whole teething thing. A few months ago my son had loads all coming at once and some were molers and he was not a happy chappy in the slightest.
We had a rough week last week because he has had a horrible cold and terrible cough so was waking about 4 times a night.
Had to give him a extra bottle at 2am once or twice. Thankfully he is getting over it now.
He will be 20 months in May and he's absolutely into everything.
His favourite thing to do now is lob toys around everywhere haha.
Usually at me if I'm sat watching TV lol.

He has this sheep that helps him sleep. And that is at the side of his cot but he lobs that how too haha.

That bloody sheep has been a god send.
We got him it when he was a few weeks old.
I will definitely be getting one for this baby too.

@MadamRose yes I'm in the UK, but

A. I wouldn't want to go off that early, I enjoy work

B. Nurserys in the UK are at breaking point, they are short staffed, underpayed and overworked. Absolutely no way I would turn round and ask to sit on my bum all day for full pay right now. Hoping to make it to the end of the summer (aug 23rd) before starting my leave!

@Zoboe95 if you feel comfortable doing that then that’s totally fine they just can’t expect you to if you don’t.

Im lucky that my due date is during the six weeks holiday so my maternity leave doesn’t start until my due date (or when baby is born if earlier).

@LoneWanderer hope you got a better nights sleep and that the teething eases soon

I can pick my leave date but I guess that’s a perk of not getting term time off. I’ve chosen to have annual leave from 29th July and they’ve agreed I can go off on date of induction as I have about 20 days left of holiday.
Been into the shops today and got everything I need for Labour and got a few wee pink sleepsuits vests and cardi still isn’t hitting me that it’s a girl but I’m feeling organised so next few weeks will start washing the clothes etc

I've finally started packing: like to be done by 24 weeks because after that, arrival really is in the hands of fate really ain't it? But I remember last time I packed my maternity pyjamas and one of the few dresses that still fitted me, and then not having them to wear for like two months haha. So this time I've been sensible and ordered a brand new outfit and new set of pjs instead of clothes I currently wear! :rofl:

Got all the basics for baby just about now - except that very first special outfit as nothing's quite hit me as 'the one' yet. But he's got enough vests and sleepsuits at least.

Lone that’s early but il probably be the same. My mum wants to buy the going home
Outfit she did that for my son and she said she would buy us a new baby monitor as well so we all set

You ladies are so organised.

I'm too scard to even sort through DS newborn stuff yet let alone buy anything or pack bags

I never pack my bags untill 34 weeks and we never buy anything untill 24 weeks and even then not much. 28 weeks and we start getting everything we need.

Aye well as I see it, even if something truly terrible happened, me and baby would still be heading to delivery and we would still need clothes etc -better to be organised early, hey?

I don't do the at home stuff til later, like setting up the cot and getting the pram. If baby DID come this early and make it, he wouldn't actually be heading home for a while, feels like tempting fate to do that right away. But the bag is an essential in my mind.

Besides... shopping yayyyy! :rofl:

@Bittersweet I could pick mine I could have gone earlier but made no sense. If I can take it on due date (not working the 4 weeks before due to school being off I may as well)

@LoneWanderer super organised my nursery at that is pretty much finished but haven’t even considered my emergency transfer bag etc yet!

@Suggerhoney wow not sure how you leave everything quite so late!

I have a few things but not set up yet! I bought a car seat when target had their trade in event so I could use the coupon. I bought a changing table and I am getting a swing and bassinet from my SIL as well as a BUNCH of baby clothes I need to sort through. Will probably do that after my 20’week appointment when I know for sure it is a girl! I know the blood test is pretty accurate but I want to see a potty shot to be sure lol. When y’all sort clothes do you get like two sizes out at once for the closet or how do y’all organize? I feel like NB and 0-3 out at once but also don’t want too many clothes out. And I feel like we already have too many in that size from hand me downs. So nice I won’t have to buy much but I am overwhelmed and it is hard to get my rid of things when they are all so cute lol. How much of each size is good to have?

@Bittersweet I could pick mine I could have gone earlier but made no sense. If I can take it on due date (not working the 4 weeks before due to school being off I may as well)

@LoneWanderer super organised my nursery at that is pretty much finished but haven’t even considered my emergency transfer bag etc yet!

@Suggerhoney wow not sure how you leave everything quite so late!
Absolutely that makes sense. How horrible that your boss is trying to convince you to take earlier though

I have a few things but not set up yet! I bought a car seat when target had their trade in event so I could use the coupon. I bought a changing table and I am getting a swing and bassinet from my SIL as well as a BUNCH of baby clothes I need to sort through. Will probably do that after my 20’week appointment when I know for sure it is a girl! I know the blood test is pretty accurate but I want to see a potty shot to be sure lol. When y’all sort clothes do you get like two sizes out at once for the closet or how do y’all organize? I feel like NB and 0-3 out at once but also don’t want too many clothes out. And I feel like we already have too many in that size from hand me downs. So nice I won’t have to buy much but I am overwhelmed and it is hard to get my rid of things when they are all so cute lol. How much of each size is good to have?

Honestly I was getting through three outfits a day with the exploding poop machine that is my boy, so in my mind, however much you have is never enough ahahaha! We were in 0-3 within a week too, such a chunky boy. Playing it safe this time with an excess of both. A lot of stuff was given to us when he was small and I donated like eight bags of baby clothes when we hit 6 months but somehow we still have a mountain of hand-me-downs. Plus I'm getting some of his stuff back from a lady we gave it to with a slightly younger baby - them tiny baby clothes sure do the rounds!

Last edited:
So looking forward to my scan next Friday, I feel like it will feel a lot more real after that. I know a lot of people choose not to find out gender, but I struggle to think about baby being a real thing while refering to it as an 'it' . After that I will start thinking about packing bags etc. I have been told baby will be small and early, so want to be organised! Still need to buy a crib for in our room, but I think I may go for the tommee tippee one that looks a bit like a plastic washing basket quite like that! Can't get my brain in gear as to what else I need, but hoping it will all come flooding back to me after my scan! Struggled with breast feeding last time, due to reynauds phenomenon, so am prepared with both electric and manual pump this time, and will also take formula as a back up which I will get nearer the time. When lg was born we had to feed her with a syringe in the hospital the first 2 days because she was so delicate and sleepy!

Struggling with the packing for hospital bit too, because my usual maternity ward at my closest hospital is shut, being used as an extra covid ward, so I have to go to a different hospital, but none of my check ups have been there, so I haven't been at all yet!

TMI definitely! ...
Had a bit of a scare last night went for a and there was blood ...really freaked me out, but did a LOT of googling and seems it was likely hemaerhhoids(I can't spell!!) Or similar ...been fine all day today, and still feeling movement...just panicked at the time!

Madamrose I would refuse! She can’t legally enforce until you’re 36 weeks so no! I’m taking from end of July off but that’s for induction mid august.

lone oh no how horrible! My LO still doesn’t sleep through so pretty used to being awake
Unfortunately I don’t get an option, HR are telling me 28 weeks unless the guidance changes. I will be in full pay and my maternity leave won’t start until I chose (which all being well will be a couple of days before due date!) @MadamRose i’m just a teeny bit out of the summer holidays before my due date! Typical! We finish on the 7th July for summer anyway so it’s a much longer holiday. If Boris changes guidance and lifts everything on 21 June as planned then I won’t need to be at home from 28 weeks! Such a confusing time xx

@Bittersweet she isn’t trying to get me to take it early. She’s trying to get me to work in work past 28 weeks when guidance says we shouldn’t past 28 weeks if we can’t socially distancing. It’s nothing to do with maternity leave it’s covid linked.

@atx614 ive got everything up for 6-9 in baby’s wardrobe. I do have big baby’s who hardly use newborn clothes though. I have to have 2 first outfits just incase the newborn size doesn’t fit.

@Zoboe95 fingers crossed next Friday flies around for you. Sorry you had a scare!

AFM - Thumper really has started to go crazy movement wise. I can feel baby even when I’m moving around at work etc now (less so that when still but still nice) If laying down my tummy can be seen moving etc. Work is making me feel knackered can’t believe I still have 11 working weeks left!

My maternity leave will start the day I deliver baby... and two weeks after that, I'll be back at work. No rest for the wicked, eh? Last time I was checking my emails within a couple of days but I've sworn to actually rest for a full fortnight this time.

Other half will enjoy a glorious six months off on full pay using my maternity allowance as shared parental leave though. Lucky bugger! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->