September 2021 due date babies!!!

@Suggerhoney my nipples etc are a bit dry but not really itchy. My boobs seem to have got so big though! Lovely bump!

@atx614 yes the school year definitely works well though even here in the 6 weeks holiday they forget stuff etc.

I officially hit the 3rd tri!!!! Like I can’t believe it as it feels like just yesterday I was getting my positive test!!

It’s my birthday next Saturday and we are having a 4D scan the same day when I’ll be 28+6 the girls are so excited!!!

417A4400-E9E9-44BF-A5E1-F78113E036AC.jpeg

@LoneWanderer I think you look lovely, if I did that baby would boot it off :rofl:

So my body decided yesterday it would go “Happy 3rd tri have some heart burn so bad it makes you sick” :sick: I thought I had my share of sickness at the start of this pregnancy. It was so bad I was actually sick and had to prop myself up on about 6 pillows to be able to sleep ](*,)

Sorry I've been Mia ladies. I have a nasty cold.
Haven't slept all night because I can't breath out of my nose and it makes me feel like I'm being suffocated.
When ever I can't breath out of my nose it makes me have panic attacks.

Today and yesterday have been the worst.
The heat is not helping at all.

Really hope it sods off soon.

@MadamRose
Happy 3rd trimester hon. So sorry about the sickness.

So despite being told my bump is small I’m actually measuring 2 weeks ahead and midwife wants me to have GTT. I’ve agreed and had it booked but I’m actually torn about having it, not eating for that length of time is likely to make my sickness really bad, plus I have naturally big babies which is why the midwife thinks I’m measuring big. I don’t want my plans of home birth etc to be effected and as bad as I sounds refusing the test would be the best way of going about that. I’ve been reading up and I wouldn’t even be able to have a water birth let alone a home birth if the GTT flagged anything up. The midwife does think it’s unlikely as I have no sugar in my urine etc. Does anyone have any experience with refusing the GTT? I’m now having a major stress out! There are cases of GTT giving false positive results to so it’s not as clear cut as it may seem.

Last edited:
The GTT would only flag something up if there was something to flag up. You aren't going to get false positives, either you'll tolerate the glucose - or you won't.
In which case, yeah it *might* scupper your plans - equally it might not - but getting baby out safely and at the right time is surely the most important thing, not how it happens.

And as for sickness, I was worried about that but I needn't have been. The fasting is overnight, they get you done quick and then send you off ASAP so you can get breakfast. Its not even that bad having the stuff, nothing like I imagined just tastes a bit gross, they give you water after, and get to put your feet up and chill for a couple of hours.

The GTT would only flag something up if there was something to flag up. You aren't going to get false positives, either you'll tolerate the glucose - or you won't.
In which case, yeah it *might* scupper your plans - equally it might not - but getting baby out safely and at the right time is surely the most important thing, not how it happens.

And as for sickness, I was worried about that but I needn't have been. The fasting is overnight, they get you done quick and then send you off ASAP so you can get breakfast. Its not even that bad having the stuff, nothing like I imagined just tastes a bit gross, they give you water after, and get to put your feet up and chill for a couple of hours.
Having read up there is actually often cases of false positive results with GTT. Which is one of the reasons I’m torn

Hmm, where's that you've seen? That's interesting... Other half works in the hospital lab and he's never known false positives come up, as either the glucose rate spikes or it doesn't..? (I had a lot of questions when I had mine but was very reassured by the time I went).

I've heard of the other way round though, where it gets missed or develops later after the test - it can be slow for the sugar to rise and therefore second blood doesn't catch it...

It's dull, sure, but in my mind absolutely worth it, I'd hate for problems with insulin production to affect baby's health, and any pregnancy can result in GD whether you've had it before or not...

Besides, a positive would mean extra growth scans and more monitoring so wouldn't necessarily rule out any future birth plans, would depend entirely on baby's growth and your health - often just changing diet slightly is enough to get back to 'normal' levels without medication or birth interventions.

Last edited:
Midwife tomorrow, first actual measuring appt (though they measured me during monitoring and I'm ahead, so we'll see if that's still the case). Weirdly I feel like I've levelled off growing, like I don't feel as huge as I felt last time - but maybe I'm just used to it this time. See what the verdict is but I suspect another large boy is in there, he's already like a starfish that can kick every bit of me at once.

Hoping I might get a section date too, officially it'll be consultant deciding that at 36 weeks BUT coz my midwife really wants to come and see a section birth she's hoping to get it booked ASAP to fit her own diary :rofl:

Hmm, where's that you've seen? That's interesting... Other half works in the hospital lab and he's never known false positives come up, as either the glucose rate spikes or it doesn't..? (I had a lot of questions when I had mine but was very reassured by the time I went).

I've heard of the other way round though, where it gets missed or develops later after the test - it can be slow for the sugar to rise and therefore second blood doesn't catch it...

It's dull, sure, but in my mind absolutely worth it, I'd hate for problems with insulin production to affect baby's health, and any pregnancy can result in GD whether you've had it before or not...

Besides, a positive would mean extra growth scans and more monitoring so wouldn't necessarily rule out any future birth plans, would depend entirely on baby's growth and your health - often just changing diet slightly is enough to get back to 'normal' levels without medication or birth interventions.
I’m gonna ring my local team tomorrow and speak about it more my midwife was running late so felt I didn’t have time to ask questions etc.
But there are a few studies that talk about false positives due to a variety of factors including being less active during the 2 hour wait that you would normally be (I’d usually be on my feet all day etc). Will speak to local midwife team tomorrow and get more information and weight it all up. Even though I’m measuring big my fundal height is still within normal range

Well if you do go get it done, here's my tip:
I was an idiot who just took a book like a normal person and sat there.
But there was an absolute inspiration of a woman who changed into her slippers, laid across the chairs, and full on went to sleep. I was jealous. Be more her and embrace the two-hour chill fully! :rofl:

@LoneWanderer thanks the only worry is it says that’s one of the things that can skew the results, being still when normally you’re be super active - id do so many laps around my classroom dashing between the children etc in that time.

Hope your appointment tomorrow goes well and fingers crossed you get a c-section date!

Some difficult news for us today. A few weeks ago I had mega pains and midwife thought it was because baby was transverse. It turns out I actually have tested positive for group strep b.

a swab and a urine sample both contained it. She went on leave and didn’t tell me so I’ve set with this for god knows how long. Got to pick up anti biotics tomorrow to clear this infection and then see consultant on 14th then she says it’ll be IV anti biotics during birth and if my waters go between 37-induction I’ve to go straight in for the anti biotics to work for baby

Some difficult news for us today. A few weeks ago I had mega pains and midwife thought it was because baby was transverse. It turns out I actually have tested positive for group strep b.

a swab and a urine sample both contained it. She went on leave and didn’t tell me so I’ve set with this for god knows how long. Got to pick up anti biotics tomorrow to clear this infection and then see consultant on 14th then she says it’ll be IV anti biotics during birth and if my waters go between 37-induction I’ve to go straight in for the anti biotics to work for baby

Aww that sucks, sorry to hear that! Stress you don't need, eh? At least they have caught it though, and can now treat it. My friend had that, the meds did their job and her and baby were completely fine. I've heard awful things about it when it's not caught before delivery, but they've picked it up for you and baby and the anti-bs will absolutely do the trick now. Try not to worry!

All ready for midwife this aft, expecting just measuring, urine test and done, and then other half texts me and says 'hey, just thought I'd warn you but we actually take bloods at 28 weeks'. Wonderful news(!) Now I'm worried it'll be that midwife/vein butcher I had at the start... Pray for my arm ladies! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->