September Clomid Users!

Very strange. Did you tell your RE you're not in full flow? Fx you get some answers soon!

Very strange. Did you tell your RE you're not in full flow? Fx you get some answers soon!

When I talked to him yesterday morning, I thought I had actually started my period because there was so much spotting. But it never turned into full flow like it seemed like it was going to. If there is no change, I will definitely give him a call in the morning before taking anything to clarify that I haven't seen any red flow yet. Thanks Savasanna!

Hi all!! :wave:
I just started clomid for the very first time last night :)
I am a very excited but also pretty nervous! I have pcos and have been ttc off and on (more on) for roughly 2 years now. Found out recently that I just don't ovulate so my doctor strongly encouraged me to start clomid asap!
So far nothing unusual aside from mild nausea the first night and being SUPER tired both last night and tonight.
I have heard that it can make certain symptoms worst around af and lead ladies to believe that they are pregnant.. what are all over your experiences with this so far?
Also, my doctor and my pharmacist really emphasized that it can lead to multiple fetuses. They didn't specify the chances of this happening but said that it can be pretty common. Anyone know what the chances of having 2+ babies are?
I know I am just repeating questions that you all get asked regularly and that I could just Google it, but it seems easier to be able to ask in my own words so that I can get my own answers :3

Hi all!! :wave:
I just started clomid for the very first time last night :)
I am a very excited but also pretty nervous! I have pcos and have been ttc off and on (more on) for roughly 2 years now. Found out recently that I just don't ovulate so my doctor strongly encouraged me to start clomid asap!
So far nothing unusual aside from mild nausea the first night and being SUPER tired both last night and tonight.
I have heard that it can make certain symptoms worst around af and lead ladies to believe that they are pregnant.. what are all over your experiences with this so far?
Also, my doctor and my pharmacist really emphasized that it can lead to multiple fetuses. They didn't specify the chances of this happening but said that it can be pretty common. Anyone know what the chances of having 2+ babies are?
I know I am just repeating questions that you all get asked regularly and that I could just Google it, but it seems easier to be able to ask in my own words so that I can get my own answers :3

I just finished my first cycle with Clomid. And I sure did think I was pregnant! I had so many symptoms, some that I usually have before AF, but they seemed to be intensified last cycle. My temps were higher than they had ever been. I also had a lot of bloating, gas, crazy skin break outs, ovary twinges, always felt hot, and black/dark brown spotting for six days before full flow AF finally arrived (last night).

My RE told me the chance for twins is 7-8% (only up from 3-4% w/o Clomid).

Yea - I was told there was only like a 10% chance of multiples with clomid. Honestly, at this point I'd welcome twins. I've always wanted two kids so I feel like twins would mean never having to do this whole ttc thing again!!

Yes - symptoms weren't too bad while taking it - mainly hot flashes and some extra moodiness/weepiness, but nothing unbearable. The biggest symptoms for me were during the tww. As much as you can, ignore every "pregnancy" symptom you can - and I would personally recommend ditching the thermometer. The first month my symptoms made me 100% think I was pregnant. The second month my temps made me 100% think I was pregnant. It was frustrating to be wrong.

BUT! Fx you don't have to worry about any of that and you'll be one of those first timers who gets their bfp!! How many mg are you taking?

Just try to relax and be kind to yourself. Maybe you'll have no symptoms. Maybe you'll flop down on the bottom of your stairs and cry because you can't find your wallet (that may or may not have happened to me... :haha:) - both are totally normal!

Praying + Sava-
I JUST started temping. I was too lazy before and I had planned to start doing it next month because the original plan was the wait until January to try Clomid but my doctor urged that I do it sooner.
Already I can see issues with this.
My temps today are higher than yesterday #_#
Idk what to look for as far as ovulation, but my doctor had me start the meds the very same night as the appointment. My last official AF was 10/9/14 and then I had super light spotting on 11/2/14 which would have been cd 24. That stopped the following Wednesday night.
She didn't count it as a period because my cycles had been averaging 32-35 days AND my progesteroin was non existant lol
Anyways, the reason why I bring this up is because I would be on cd 13, right around a typical ovulation time.
I sense that this cycle won't take l, but that it will get me on the right track :)
As far is TWINS and MULTIPLES go.... lol my reason for asking is, yes I want twins just for the same reason as Sava, I don't want to have to worry about doing this all again! But also, my chances for twins are naturally higher because there have been several on my dad's side of the family. My grandma was pregnant with twins but one died pretty early on, my cousin gave birth to twins and then aborted a pair (Pissed me off as well!) And my aunt was pregnant with twins but one was tubal so they termonated the entire pregnancy since she wasn't trying at all.

Praying- Sorry to hear about Af :( but you start round #2 any day now, right? I think that it would be most likely to take in round 2-3 :) just because our bodies have to get used to the sudden change in hormones. I admit, I have noticed that I have been extra gassy xD

Sava- I started tearing up over a video of a horse feeding another one hay through the bars of their stalls xD I by far am not THAT sensitive. Quite the opposite as a matter of fact lol

I am just pretty excited to see what haopens this month and then plan to count on the next two months having better results :3

Praying- Sorry to hear about Af :( but you start round #2 any day now, right? I think that it would be most likely to take in round 2-3 :) just because our bodies have to get used to the sudden change in hormones. I admit, I have noticed that I have been extra gassy xD

It's okay! Trust me... I was happy to see AF, as odd as that sounds. I had this weird dark brown (so dark it was black sometimes) discharge that alternated from watery spotting to thicker yuckiness for six days before I finally saw any real red flow. Not sure what was going on there. I am going in for an HSG on Tuesday to see if there is anything causing the spotting (I usually have 4 days of spotting and brown CM before AF, but Clomid made it a lot worse). As far as the symptoms go, I think my body was feeling the effects of normal levels of progesterone for the first time! I was happy to know that Clomid was having an effect! My RE put me on it because I was ovulating consistently late (CD23-26) every month and had that spotting before AF. It moved my O date a week earlier... but no joy with the spotting issue. On to round 2!

And I think you might be right about it being more likely to take round 2/3. I obviously had a lot of old extra yuckiness to get out of my body before my body was ready for a BFP! (or at least that's how the scenario is playing out in my mind for this month :haha:)

Praying- I agree! Maybe it was just some uterine lining that you didn't shed last time? That is my guess.
What dose are you are on?

I forgot to mention, I am on two 50 mg pills once per day :)
so 100 mg.
I read that this would be normally dosed for the second round, but my doctor said that just 50 mg isn't usually effective. :shrug:

Can you ladies help me.... OH was to unwell enough to bed with me at CD 13, 14 and 15 well im CD 16 today and my cheap internet ovulation test is positive! :shrug:

But my clearblue digital had a solid smiley face on cd14!! Whats happening?? Also went to the loo just and when I wipe its still watery but loads of EWCM now, some is clear some a cream colour sorry tmi :blush:

And OH has been diagnosed with gastroenteritis tummy bug!! Been sick for two days now.. so we only bed on these days so far... CD 3,4,6,7,8 twice on CD10 and once CD 11 & 12. But I got a flashing smiley face on my clearblue CD 13 morning and afternoon, and the cheapie was negative, CD 14 got a solid smiley face and a negative cheapie. Yesterday CD15 negative cheapie.. and today... CD 16 positive cheapie opk! What??!

Attachments

• 10523843_748302878550687_1643062341451996462_n.jpg
    10523843_748302878550687_1643062341451996462_n.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 2
Can you ladies help me.... OH was to unwell enough to bed with me at CD 13, 14 and 15 well im CD 16 today and my cheap internet ovulation test is positive! :shrug:

But my clearblue digital had a solid smiley face on cd14!! Whats happening?? Also went to the loo just and when I wipe its still watery but loads of EWCM now, some is clear some a cream colour sorry tmi :blush:

And OH has been diagnosed with gastroenteritis tummy bug!! Been sick for two days now.. so we only bed on these days so far... CD 3,4,6,7,8 twice on CD10 and once CD 11 & 12. But I got a flashing smiley face on my clearblue CD 13 morning and afternoon, and the cheapie was negative, CD 14 got a solid smiley face and a negative cheapie. Yesterday CD15 negative cheapie.. and today... CD 16 positive cheapie opk! What??!

You should still be good :)
you are still fertile right now so if he can muster it make sure to bd today!!
Plus his sperm should last at least 2 days inside you, so your egg (s) could have been fertilized from before you ovulated!

The test that I am seeing doesn't look positive. I have been researching (since I haven't used test strips YET) and it needs to be a DARK line for it to be a positive opk.
But, as I said, I have no actual experience with these yet. I am waiting for my box to finally arrive!

You should still be good :)
you are still fertile right now so if he can muster it make sure to bd today!!
Plus his sperm should last at least 2 days inside you, so your egg (s) could have been fertilized from before you ovulated!

The test that I am seeing doesn't look positive. I have been researching (since I haven't used test strips YET) and it needs to be a DARK line for it to be a positive opk.
But, as I said, I have no actual experience with these yet. I am waiting for my box to finally arrive!

I forgot to mention that the test line is next to where it says max and that is the darkest line on the tests... nearest to the pink handle is the control line... :dohh:

Praying- I agree! Maybe it was just some uterine lining that you didn't shed last time? That is my guess.
What dose are you are on?

I forgot to mention, I am on two 50 mg pills once per day :)
so 100 mg.
I read that this would be normally dosed for the second round, but my doctor said that just 50 mg isn't usually effective. :shrug:

I am on 50mg because I am already ovulating, just do it really late and weakly on my own. If you aren't ovulating at all, I could see why he would start you at a higher dose!

Here's the test with the Packet and it looks like the 4th example down :shrug:

Attachments

• 10523843_748302878550687_1643062341451996462_n.jpg
    10523843_748302878550687_1643062341451996462_n.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 10425123_748406918540283_274528769720085858_n.jpg
    10425123_748406918540283_274528769720085858_n.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 3
Sarah- that would make a difference! Lol that is pretty strange... have you called your doctor to ask yet?

Praying- that would make sense.. hopefully you ovulate on time this cycle! When did you O last month with round 1?

SarahLou- trying to interpret OPKs can be so stressful! I believe you probably began your surge on the 14th and I know for some ladies, surges can last multiple days. I know I've had a cycle where I got two days of positive OPKs in a row. From what I've read, you should go off the first positive OPK when trying to determine when you will O. I am more inclined to trust the digital, just because I don't really trust my own interpretations :blush: Last cycle, I didn't get a positive OPK at all and still ovulated (confirmed by ultrasound and temping).

Sorry your OH is sick! :hugs: That stinks, it is really frustrating when all your fertility signs align, you've identified them, and then for whatever reason the timing just doesn't work out. My DH has been out of town for his job during part or all of my fertile period for the last three months. Needless to say, I am excited for him to be home for the holidays :winkwink: You still have a good chance this cycle- if you did ovulate CD 14/15, my RE says sperm can live up to 5 days in fertile CM! If you didn't O yet, even better news! BD today just in case if your OH is feeling up to it!! :flower:

Sarah- that would make a difference! Lol that is pretty strange... have you called your doctor to ask yet?

Praying- that would make sense.. hopefully you ovulate on time this cycle! When did you O last month with round 1?

Not yet its evening over here at the moment I may try and bed anyway tonight and call the fertility clinic in the morning :shrug:

]
Not exactly sure... I never got a positive OPK, but based on temps and when AF arrived, somewhere between CD 16-18. Hopefully we can be cycle buddies!

I've heard from many people that a lot of doctor's start their patients with 100mg because they feel like it is high enough to really see results, but low enough to not have to worry about any serious side effects.

SarahLou- trying to interpret OPKs can be so stressful! I believe you probably began your surge on the 14th and I know for some ladies, surges can last multiple days. I know I've had a cycle where I got two days of positive OPKs in a row. From what I've read, you should go off the first positive OPK when trying to determine when you will O. I am more inclined to trust the digital, just because I don't really trust my own interpretations :blush: Last cycle, I didn't get a positive OPK at all and still ovulated (confirmed by ultrasound and temping).

Sorry your OH is sick! :hugs: That stinks, it is really frustrating when all your fertility signs align, you've identified them, and then for whatever reason the timing just doesn't work out. My DH has been out of town for his job during part or all of my fertile period for the last three months. Needless to say, I am excited for him to be home for the holidays :winkwink: You still have a good chance this cycle- if you did ovulate CD 14/15, my RE says sperm can live up to 5 days in fertile CM! If you didn't O yet, even better news! BD today just in case if your OH is feeling up to it!! :flower:

Thank you so much :flower:

This advice really helps me feel better, we have also been using Conceive plus fertility lubricant... I shall post a link to it https://www.conceiveplus.com/

And I hope he does He been out for three days now!! :( But just asked if I wanted to try :sex: He has had a bad tummy bug :(

Praying- heck yes! Lol

Sava- that is basically what she said, except she left out the side effects part lol she said that she felt 100mg would work better for me and that she doesn't usually like to start her clients on 50 mg.

Sarah- as soon as you can in the morning call your doctor :D
It would be good for them to check progesteroin levels anyways if they have you come in.
Fingers crossed everything works out!!
As far as bd tonight... why not give him a special surprise so that he doesn't have to do anything but lie back. Then when he is almost there use a warm soft wash cloth to clean him a little and then climb on (be already lubed) and finish?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->