September loss thread, TTC our rainbow babies

Myshel i delivered at 15 weeks, and didn't ovulate until almost 8 weeks later. I have not had an actual AF post mc. If you don't mind me asking, what prevents you from conceiving naturally?

I don't mind telling, I have shared it on my journal before. Unfortunately we have Severe male factor infertility. We have low numbers, high abnormal and high fragmentation. So unless something crazy miraculous happened over the last few months while I was pregnant and hubs numbers got better it is probably not going to happen naturally. But we are going to try anyways, and if not will do a frozen egg transfer.

We have tried a few different ones, some subscribed some not, and it did make a very small difference on the fragmentation. Unfortunately with fragmentation if it is genetic vrs environmental they have no effect really. So we are thinking it might be genetic, but who knows.

If anyone has any suggestions we are open to it for sure.

What have you tried? There's no way for them to see if it's genetic or not?

Nope, fragmentation is relatively newish. But we are still going to try, getting hubby to quit sugar, eat cleaner, excersize once a day, drink lots of water, turn the heat down on his showers.

We have done CoQ10, C, E, B, Folic ... ah ... can't remember the rest tbh
Fertility Aid's Motility boost, count boost and for men

My emotions are still all over the place so I feel like my af is going to take forever to get here! But on the plus side give me time to focus on getting healthier and hubs getting healthier.

Hi ladies, how's everyone? Where are yous all at in your cycle?

AFM- I'm currently 9 dpo & woke to a huge temp rise, the highest my temps been this cycle, so I'm hoping thats a good sign.
I also felt rather sick when I got up which didn't come to anything,
I've got a slight cramp nothing to extreme.

:dust: x

I dont do OPKs so idk if i Oed or not but I am considering this my Tww. TeI expect AF 10/23, so I will probably start testing tomorrow. My boobs feel like they might explode so I am taking that as a good sign.

pretty sure I'm 7 or 8 DPO. I got a faint line on a test yesterday but I tested again this am with FMU and the line was barely there so now I'm not so sure.

At least once a week normally. But its been weird since the loss.

HelenJane do you mind me asking what your OH's fragmentation is? Mine has 44% and we have had 3 losses in a row (all natural conception). He has now given up the medication that is likely causing this and waiting for fragmentation results.

Did you have ICSI or normal IVF? Can they select the least fragmented or non fragmented sperm? OH also taking supplements but last two results both 44% and no change :(

His fragmentation was at 45% and with vitamins, no sugar, 10 glasses of water a day it went down too 25% - So we tried two more IUI's before moving onto IVF

We ended up doing the icsi IVF, they washed the sperm and dyed them or something to find the non fragmented ones I think. Out of 12 follicles we had, four made it through the process from implanting the sperm to germination.

Thank you so much for your reply. Could you not get pregnant with the 25%? What's weird is that I am getting pregnant first month every time so literally at the drop of a hat, but MMCs at 8 weeks and another at 7 weeks and trisomy 21 at nearly 11 weeks.

We also have a DD, DH gave up the medication for 11 months before she was conceived although I don't know what his fragmentation was then - we didn't test it.

Can I ask why no sugar?? And the water?

This fragmentation and the MMCs are literally all I think about :( if IVF could get me pregnant and keep me pregnant I would do it.

I am so sorry about your multiple losses that is horrible. Have you been prescribed progesterone?
I am sure your doctor is doing everything that they can do but if not it might be a thing to talk with your dr about if you haven't already.

Because of his motility and abnormal forms on top of the fragmentation, they are not making it too my tubes to do any natural fertilization. Technically 25% is boarder line ok, but with all the other issues it makes it so much harder. So if we can get the numbers up, forms better and good motility we might have a chance!

The water is to change the viscosity of his sperm, the natural liquid with it was thick so we were thinking increase volume of water will increase the liquid and overall health of the sperm.
Sugar is horrible overal for you and my hubs is a crazy sugar addict, sothat is really just him trying to eat better. Not sure if it co-ordinates with anything sperm related, but it can't hurt.

So results are in - fragmentation is now 52% and very poor sperm integrity. He also has 6% morphology so all not good.

I don't think progesterone will help because last two losses were chromosomal. Second loss had enlarged yolk sack which is indicator of chromosomal issues and also didn't develop beyond 3-4 week. Last loss was Down's (although that apparently has nothing to do with his sperm issues a and was random).

With first one I don't know if it was definitely chromosomal but I suspect it was.

Thinking of going to donor sperm... We had karyotyping done and it's not karyotype issues ...

You could do super donor, or do icsi IVF and have the embryos genetically tested for any issues.
This does cost a fair bit, but will confirm they are implanting good quality embryos.

Sorry the test came back even worse, what vitamins did they have him on?

I wish I could contribute useful information but this is out of my area of knowledge. I do feel like I'm learning quite a bit here lol

Are sperm donors expensive?

At least once a week normally. But its been weird since the loss.

Thanks for replying Still. We have only done it once and i feel like i cant join in with "im that dpo" and things as i dont feel we do it enough to warrent it. :(

PS i also feel im learning a lot in this convo!

SweetKat I have no idea. This was my first loss so i was shocked when it happened plus i was 14 weeks too and nothing picked up on the scan or bloods etc. We have had no results yet and I am anxious.

Thank you for your replies ladies.

I knew nothing about fragmentation until I started exploring it myself. Apparently it's quite common and even the background 20% risk of MC at age 20-30 is also partially due to that because even healthy men could have 15% fragmentation.

Sperm donors aren't expensive per se, but to then do an IUI with their sperm is around 2k a time. Considering it's like natural conception except they insert the sperm instead of having intercourse then it could take 12 tries in theory :(

My OH is saying let's wait until end of year before we go down donor route but I am really annoyed with him. We have been together 8 years, first 3 years he didn't want kids as has 2 from previous relationship, then he said he did but we had to wait while he gave up medication (a year). Then we had DD (who is now 3) and for the last year all I have had is MMCs.

I am now 36 and don't want to wait indefinitely for sth that might or might not improve. Plus if he hadn't wasted those first 3 years we might already have 3 kids :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->