September Mummies Updates! 48 babies born! Badges added :)

I started putting few bits in hospital bag the other day - took way too much first time - i was only in hosp and hour before delivery and 6 hours after! So packing v light this time! I took snacks, and ipod, and mags etc incase was in for the long haul though! This time ill put a newborn and 0-3 depending on her size, nappies, wipes, and blanket in, nighty, pads and smellies /towel for me, and thats about it!

Washed some of her blankets,sheets, and outfits today! She only has a few atm bless! I have a toddler, and will have her with me when i go on mat leave soon, and she was week early so think im just being organised incase!

I think i have developed mind block , i can't remember what and how much i packed in my 1st pregnancy- how old is your 1st? i've just started tonight putting a few bits in- i have a list of things to buy tomorrow so i can feel organised :) x x :wacko:

thats like me, my son is 8yrs old and my daughter will be 6yrs old on Sunday, i cant remember what i packed lol i had my son late Tuesday night and went home on the Friday... With my daughter i had her in the late afternoon i was home by 9pm so didn't really need anything other thn baby tnings x

wow that was quick Sarah! In and out! Thats what we like! :thumbup: There is a sticky thread in 3rd tri about what to put in your hospital bag, I used that to make my list!! :thumbup: xx

Girls girls! We finally have our cot :cloud9: delivered today, just put it up :D here's a pic from the website:

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqJ,!k4E3G+ue9YsBN8y5ebS2w~~0_12.JPG

Everytime I look at it I get all emotional :lol:

awwww :hugs: it's lovely!! I can't wait to get ours ordered and delivered and assembled!!! :dance: oooh bet you can't stop looking at it!! :cloud9: xx

Can I be added please I'm due 25th with a little girl.

I've done my hospital bag and don't have much left to buy but I had to be organised because my son turns 1 4 days after my due date!

thats similar to my story my 2 go back to school the day before my duedate... I really wanna be able to take them fx

Your cot is gorgeous!

Have my growth scan tomorrow so get to see bubba again yay!
Hopefully my placenta has moved up too FX!

Quick question how many packets of maternity towels are you packing? I have 3pks... It says you need 2 packets in the 1st 2days on the pkts???? X

Hi can i be added to this group please, i'm due September 11th with a girl. Thanks very much :)

sam louise my little lad's only one month older, they're so much fun at this age :D

Mrsrichrs2k hope your scan went well! I'm packing two packs, if I need more I'll beg the nice nurse to raid the ward for some :lol:

Adding you girls now :) x

Yeah I'm packing for short stay this time, and OH can bring more pads/clothes etc as needed. There's 10 in a pack, sure i was changing every bloody hour at first if not more, so that'll get me through 10 hours, which i wasnt in that long!

I'm likely to be in for 2 days cause of GD so them testing him when he's born- how many pads and knickers do u think I should buy / take with me? :s

I normally pack more than i need because i live an hour from the hospital but then i lave a few extra things at my mums because shes only round the corner.

This time i think i've packed 5 pairs of cheap knickers (primark ones are great) and just 1 pack of pads because i've never stayed for longer than a day. I never bled much with my second either but i would maybe take 2 packs to be sure.

sam louise my little lad's only one month older, they're so much fun at this age :D

Mrsrichrs2k hope your scan went well! I'm packing two packs, if I need more I'll beg the nice nurse to raid the ward for some :lol:

Adding you girls now :) x

Thanks yes my scan went really well.. Bubba is 4lb 1oz smaller than they thought on my graph but still within the lines...

They did a doppler scan too and all was good:happydance:

Plus they checked my Placenta postion and bonus it hs moved YAYY!!:happydance::happydance: So hopefully no c-section for me now:thumbup:

hi ladies , have any of your LO been breech around 31 weeks? I'm just wondereing what's the liklihood of him turning- i was at the midwifes on Friday and she said my little monkey is back to back and breech :(
It's my 2nd baby and she said it's more common in to happpen after your 1st
Thanks in advance x x

hi ladies , have any of your LO been breech around 31 weeks? I'm just wondereing what's the liklihood of him turning- i was at the midwifes on Friday and she said my little monkey is back to back and breech :(
It's my 2nd baby and she said it's more common in to happpen after your 1st
Thanks in advance x x

my daughter was exactly the same she was ceph at 37 weeks but still back to back but turned just before delivery x

I've bought a small gym ball to try and lean on it on all 4's ! recommended by the midwife to try an help hiim along to turn -think i'll try it thou when my OH is at work :)

was it mentioned at any point that youmay need a c-section? it's not been mentioned to me yet as it's chance he can turn but i'm really worried that if he doesn''t i may have to- i'm just considering all possibilities other wise i'll go to pieces ! x x

with my second he was transverse/breech which can be dangerous if you go into labour because the cord could come first. He was transverse/breech right up until 39 weeks then they offered me a ECV which i accepted because my DH really doesnt like theatre and wouldnt have been with me if i had a c-section. So i went for the ECV on the Friday and he was then head down so i went home (I was staying with my mum because she lives alot closer to the hospital). I was so glad to be back in my home! However when i woke up on the sunday morning he was back to transverse/breech so i rang the hospital and they said to go back in and to take my bags with me.

So we rushed around finding childcare for whilst we were there. When we arrived they checked me and she said she agreed that he was transverse/breech so they said they would keep me in monitor me and possibly do another ECV in the morning and then induce me. So we rushed around trying to find people to look after our pets (our bearded dragon eggs had just hatched and i had a pregnant cat another cat and a dog!! lol).

Had a very boring day and night in hospital but the net morning i woke up and thought he was head down so i mentioned it to the midwife who brought me breakfast and she checked and said she agreed but she would get someone to scan me and check.

A bit later someone came to scan me and confirmed he was head down. So they decided to get the consultant to see if they could break my waters to keep him there but they couldnt so they induced me with a pessary. 6 hours later i was dilating so they gave me another pessary a few hours later i was 4 cms then 36 minutes later i was 9cms my waters broke and i was pushing 2 minutes later he was born very shocked and needed oxygen but otherwise very healthy.

He was born at 39+5 and he was still managing to do somersaults at 39+4! I did have alot of water though!

Oh and not once did they say the words 'c-section' They said 'other methods' but i think they didnt want to scare me with the actual words but i knew anyway lol.

The only time they used the words 'other methods' was when i went back into hospital on the sunday and they said 'if the ECV doesnt work we'll have to look at other methods' but luckily he turned himself that night anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->