September Mummies Updates! 48 babies born! Badges added :)

i really dont want an ecv.....but ill have it to avoid surgery....im much less worried about birth now as i was told today that if i go naturally i will treated as any other woman in labour and be able to use the pool if available etc :D so sods law that i now might not be having a vaginal birth at all! tbh....im past caring how he comes out now IYKWIM. consultant today seemed to think i would have the baby in my arms by my due date regardless.

I know alot of people that dont like the idea of an ecv but i'd much rather that than a csection.

After having my first son (i tore with him) i was back to normal after a few days.
with my second (no tears) i was perfectly fine straight after.

I couldnt imagine not being able to care for my baby properly afterwards if i had a csection especially with a 3 year old and 1 year old to look after aswell.

At the end of the day though you just have to do what suits you and baby everyone is different. For me I'd always wanted to experiance a vaginal birth and with a csection theres no guarantee that subsequent babies will be able to be vaginally.

yeah i am dreading the prospect of recovery period if i have a section. agreed it would be better to go naturally but- if im going to have one id much rather have it scheduled not emergency. i heard that elective section recovery rates are much quicker than emergency as well. sure its grim either way :s feeling a huge sigh of relief that my baby isnt like the incredible hulk so past caring about anything else! x

I'm pretty sure my baby is doing flip-flops in my belly. She was head down at 28 weeks, then breech at 30, then at 32 weeks head down. But I swear she is still going breech sometimes because of where her hiccups are felt inside of me. But, they can move around until about 36 weeks. Though they usually do go head down by 32 weeks and stay that way. My friends baby was breech at 38 weeks and had been for a few weeks so she had a c-section scheduled. her waters broke at 38.5 and she was really surprised when she arrived at the hospital and was told he was head down

Hiii I'm due 1st September with bluuuue bumpy :D

I had an elective C-section and I could look after my baby fine! I don't know why everyone is so negative about C sections, I had a very positive experience, the only reason I'm trying for a VBAC this time around is because it's safer than a repeat C-section. The 6 weeks thing always makes me wonder? I had an absess in my scar and I would say my recovery was much quicker than that, I was out shopping for DD the day after I got out of hospital. I refused the ECV because my sister had it done and had to be rushed for an Emergency section because the cord got tangled around my nephew's neck :nope:

ive read a ton about them now, and have decided since posting that i will refuse ecv and just let nature take its course. if im going to have surgery i want to be prepared rfor it not have it happen in an emergency! x

You never know, lots of babies turn right at the very end! My little madam was too cramped though bless her, lots of times she'd keep me awake at night trying her hardest to turn and she just couldn't, that was another major factor of turning down the ECV, she didn't have enough room to turn herself so I certainly wasn't going to let anyone force her :hugs: x

im hoping he does :) but ive kind of got my head around him not, and i dont care anymore how he comes out as long as hes ok! its weird how your head just changes a bit when you get so close to the end ..i dont even think im that scared about labour any more i just want my baby! i have a scan on thurs to find out if hes flipped yet so fingers crossed :) x

I was like that too, I just knew I would end up with the Section, but TBH, that was fine by me, I wouldn't have painful contractions or
stitches on my foo :haha: and I knew the exact date my daughter would be here :)

haha yeah thats one plus - as the FOB put it - er....id rather rip open my tummy than my foof. how delightful chris.

:rofl:
I can't even see my scar anymore, well I mean I can't even when I don't have a bump :haha:

My OH was getting stuck in with the photos, while we were in theatre trying to get the first pics of her being born, I even have one of the bloody tray of tools!!! x

hahah thats so grim, chris was like - what do they do, where do they cut, WHERE DOES THE PLACENTA GO....i was like......they take it out dick head.....they dont just leave it in. hes such a noob.

You have to shave your bikini line before you go in, they cut you where your pubic hair starts, it's not a very long cut either x

Can upload a pic of my scar before and after if you want? It's not gory.. honest :)

i think he was under the impression that they like slice across your stomach about a meter. im not even that nervous of having one any more its like my worries about giving birth are just kind of disappearing as i realise how many people do it every day. im still nervous but im more excited, its nice to have the balance shift. when i go for my scan on thursday ill be almost 36 weeks - if i say no to ecv will they book my section then? providing he doesnt turn before? whats the format... x

They should do, I went for a scan at 36 weeks and they agreed to the C-section etc.. then I had to go back at 38 weeks to make sure she was still breech and thats when I got the date, they should give you yours after your scan though, they meant to with me.

And no there's no meter long slice! This is my scar now, well at 20 weeks, so 12 weeks ago! x
227909_202997869742109_100000956933877_512027_8154178_n.jpg

oh my goodness its hardly there! so you think they will give me the date on thursday? but invite me back to check one last time between now and then? wow thats gonna be weird! x

They should do hun, they were a bit forgetful with me which is why I got my date the day before I had my Section! When you go back next time (after this scan) they will do another scan to check, then explain to you what will happen and give you 2 tablets to take home that you have to take before the Section x

They just get rid of any stomach acid, take one the bnight beforer and one in the morning, you're not allowed to eat after 9pm either, then when you go in on the day you have to drink this really strange tasting drink, again to get rid of any stomach acid.. it tastes salty but leaves a sweet after taste :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->