September Mummies Updates! 48 babies born! Badges added :)

Oh and not once did they say the words 'c-section' They said 'other methods' but i think they didnt want to scare me with the actual words but i knew anyway lol.

The only time they used the words 'other methods' was when i went back into hospital on the sunday and they said 'if the ECV doesnt work we'll have to look at other methods' but luckily he turned himself that night anyway.

How did it feel having a ecv? i am really scared to have that ( watched a few videos on u- tube) i'm praying for him to turn :) loli feel such a moaner
x x

It didnt really hurt to be honest it was just uncomfortable. They put a injection in your thigh to relax the uterus so they can manipulate the baby round. I think because i had alot of water it helped though. I know some people have horror stories but they checked me by ultrasound to make sure they knew where the cord was and that he was stuck anywhere and everything. It only took say 10-20 minutes. IMO thats much better than having a c-section i'd much rather have a little bit of discomfort for 20 minutes than 6 weeks of recovery.

If you have any questions just ask i dont mind

thanks so much- i;m hoping he will turn by himself ( fingers crossed )! just preparing myself for having my birth plan chosen for me xx

I've bought a small gym ball to try and lean on it on all 4's ! recommended by the midwife to try an help hiim along to turn -think i'll try it thou when my OH is at work :)

was it mentioned at any point that youmay need a c-section? it's not been mentioned to me yet as it's chance he can turn but i'm really worried that if he doesn''t i may have to- i'm just considering all possibilities other wise i'll go to pieces ! x x

thanks so much- i;m hoping he will turn by himself ( fingers crossed )! just preparing myself for having my birth plan chosen for me xx
no i was never told or advised to have a c section... I didnt even know she was back to back until i was being induced.. Which was 37wks , you can still deliver naturally back to back it can be more painful though x

oh my goodness!!! Thats really quite scary!! Who was it? Is everything alright? When was she due?
awwww not long really, not for any of us!!! :dance: xx

Aww congrats! Mine can stay put till 37, and only then is she allowed to make a move if she must! Still quite early x

Congrats kimbotrav! Not long until we're into August! My baby boy will be 1 on 1st August, DH has his birthday later in August, we're 4 years married on the 31st and looks like we're buying a house very soon so there's lots going on in our house! Hope everyone is managing being huge especially in this heat.

As far as I know 4 september babies have been born so far. The other 2 arent subscribed to this thread though.

And can you guys believe there are already April 2012 pregnancies out there?!

so weird!

i had an interesting day - went to diabetic consultant, everything perfect baby perfect size, fluid perfect,no need for insulin and no need to worry. bit weight off my mind. BUT - little bugger is now breech! so booked for ANOTHER scan in 2 weeks time, and if hes still breech then will book me for an ECV :( FFS!

Oh no! Student thought mine was breech today too but midwife stepped in and confirmed she is cephalic all good :) BP fine, urine fine. But this week I have slight haemorrhoids, leaking boobies, lots BH, and more that I can't remember at mo!

I had a ECV with my second he was transverse/breech. I had it done at 39+2.

They give you a injection in your leg to relax the uterus. Then gently turn baby with their hands.
Beforehand they scan you and check exactly where baby is and where the cord is etc so they know which is the best way to turn.

I didnt find it painful more just uncomfortable. Took around 10 mins once they got started.

My baby did turn back to transverse/breech at 39+4 but then turned himself back to ceph at 39+5

oh wow! did they leave it that late because you asked to be left ? they said today that they would schedule my section at 38 ish weeks if he stayed breech.... :s
a friend of mine who is a midwife said it can be painful? she said take paracetamol before i go...

I cant remember why they left it that late tbh. It might've been because he was quite an active baby and moved round alot.
Some people find it painful i guess it depends on size of baby and how much water your carrying etc. It wouldnt hurt to take paracetamol beforehand. I didnt get that chance i went in for a appointment and because i live a hour away from the hospital they decided to do the ecv there and then rather than me having to come back plus my son wasnt with me that time either.

If you dont want the ecv you can refuse it. Also some babies can be born vaginnally even if they are breech (depending on what kind of breech he is). I really didnt want a c section becaue my DH refused to be with me lol (hes a wimp) so i chose the ecv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->