• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

September/October bump buddies...anyone wlecome!

Congrats J&J! He is a cutie! I would love to hear your labour story if your willing to share on here?

Well I finally finished work last Friday so have spent this week doing housework, selling bits on eBay, cooking meals to freeze ready for the little ones arrival, relaxing etc.

Weeks 35-36 I was getting a lot of pressure down low when I walked, so not sure if that was baby engaging. I've not felt it this week. I have an appt with my midwife on Monday so I'm sure she'll be able to tell me if s/he is engaged yet. My mum and neice say that my belly has dropped and they think I'm going to be early. So long as I make it to September I don't mind when s/he comes :)

I hope everyone is doing well. Not long to go for us all now! :)

Xx

Congrats jandj! He is absolutely perfect! Cant wait for my ultrasound on wednesday!

So the local WIC office here (Women, Infants, and Children) requires you to take their breast feeding class if you plan on breast feeding. I took said class on the 19th. During this class they said it was okay to smoke cigarettes just so long as it was after you'd just finished feeding. The instuctor then asked if anyone in the class smoked. One woman raised her hand and said she did but she ran from other people as it is her choice to smoke and doesn't want to offend other nonsmokers. Am I the only one that is completely dumbfounded on how she can run from other people just in case they are nonsmokers but can't even give the same freaking decency to her own unborn child!? She claimed she plans on quitting because she won't be able to smoke in the hospital...I...I just... I can't wrap my mind around this...smoking is a disgusting habit to me (no offense if any of you smoke) our roommate smokes and I cant stand being even around him.

Jordy I use to smoke and actually started using a vapor cigarette not even a month before I found out I was pregnant bc I wanted to stop smoking. It took me less than a week to completely stop even using the vape after I found out I was pregnant. I wished I could've just put it down immediately but I was adviced to slowly stop. I know women who smoke thier entire pregnancy and it upsets me as well. I know it took me a week to quit but I knew that is what was best for my baby so that's what had to be done. I do not understand why some women put themselves before their unborn child. I am the same as you now I can't stand to be around it the smell makes me sick. I even have a hard time going to my dads bc my step mom smoke inside the house except when we are there she goes outside. But we still leave smelling like an ash tray bc their house stinks so bad. Idk why I ever started smoking but I'm so glad I stopped not only for my sons health but mine as well!

See here's the thing...yes its awful to smoke while preggers. However drs advise NOT to quit while pregnant. They just suggest to cut it down safely. A lot of people have had the habit for years, and its an addiction. Its one you cant just say "ok im going to not smoke anymore" and be done that day etc. For some it take months even years to kick it. And the effects of quitting can be awful to those. Some get super bad anxiety and depression (not what you need while having a baby), while some just get little things. Its just not worth the risk to try while pregnant and thats why most drs dont want you to. And yes i wish no one ever smoked, but unfortunately a lot do. I myself would never. But kicking the habit isnt as easy as one may think. My in laws just switched to vapes not long ago. But they still have to smoke something. My mom inlaw has tried to fully quit for years and just cant due to the effects it does to her. They are awful things i tell you. But its not like they are intentionally trying to harm their baby or not thinking about them. Its just one of those terrible habits.

Now on another note, i would be pissed if i ever saw a pregnant woman drinking. Now that is something thats avoidable and shameable if someone was doing that.

Also for some people like you mommas, quitting comes quickly. But for a lot of others it doesnt. Now i would be super annoyed if someone heavily smoked while preggers and never made an effort to cut down. But those with a strong addiction to them (such as my in laws), could never quit so quickly.

It has gotten quite in here again how is everyone?

Afm I go to the doctor Thursday for my 36 week checkup and then weekly after that. Only a few more weeks until I am scheduled to be induced unless he decides to come sooner. I am getting super excited, nervous and scared all at the same time. I can't believe it is almost time for us to all meet our lo!

Liam has decided he wants to be breeched. Will be trying to schedule my c section for september 15th

Oh no Jordy can they not try to turn him? Maybe he will decide to turn on his own before then fx!

Im doing good...still puttering around. Rylan is on schedule with measurements, so its still a waiting game to see when he will come. As of monday I will be full term, so hoping he comes shortly after that. My fundal measurement was slightly ahead. But now he is making things more uncomfortable as he keeps pushing downwards prepping himself. Finding myself having to take more laying down breaks to ease the pressure down there.

Hope things are going good With everyone...cant believe tomorrow im already 37 weeks. Hows things with you Bing now that you are also at full term? Its really neat to see us all starting to hit those final weeks. Hows your little man doing jandj?

We finally were able to get maternity pics made while dh was home from work and it wasn't raining. :) 36 weeks Tuesday which means only 2 more weeks until I am induced. Can't wait to see everyone's baby pics!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1440980897921.jpg
    FB_IMG_1440980897921.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1440980818656.jpg
    FB_IMG_1440980818656.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 0
Love the maternity photos mommas!

Liam has made no attempt at turning..dr said he is as snug as a bug where he is at. She tried turning him a little today to see how much room he had..the little tiny bit she did hurt so there is no way I could sit through her fully trying to turn him around.

She will do an ultrasound right before surgery and just to make sure he hasnt turned around. I will be having a scheduled c section on the 22nd so just 3 weeks away!

Gotta love when they get snuggled right in...jordy that's one day After Rylan's due date. Wouldnt that be awesome if both our boys happened to have the same bday.

Orion- that'd be truly awesome!!

Mommas- its okay! I kind of like knowing there is an exact day. Ive had time to think about it and accept it. Either way my lovely little man will be here in my arms!

Looks like things are starting to progress and LO may be here soon...trying to not get to excited, but as of now it seems like ive started having my "show". Ive been anticipating it happening over the past few days...for a couple days now ive been having tons of discharge. And a couple of times in the last week i had a couple spots of brown. So I was just waiting for it to start. So far no contractions yet, so im just keeping busy and monitoring things. My mom is trying to not get too excited yet lol.

Aww yay orion hopefully he will be here before you know it!

Afm I was in bed most of the day yesterday with nausea, tmi but diarrhea, lower back pain and cramping in my lower abdomen... I chalked it all up to maybe getting sick but today I have had horrible lower back pain all day and feeling tons of pressure down there. I even had one of the moms on my sons football team ask me today how far along I was bc he has dropped a lot since Saturday at the game. I so hope he stays put for a couple more weeks especially since hubby got the call today he leaves for Oklahoma Thursday for 9 days. :( I am a nervous wreck worrying about him missing the birth of our son due to work. Uhhh so frustrating :/ sorry for venting I'm just super worried and upset about all of this.

Fx that he waits a little longer for your hubby to get back. But sometimes these little ones have a mind of their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->