September/October bump buddies...anyone wlecome!

Only a couple more days for you mommas! Ive got just over a week until my lo comes.

On a side note a couple weeks ago a friend informed me that she went to take her 11 yo daughter to get her haircut and couldnt because they found lice. I am entirely creeped and squirming at every little itch or creepy feel I get on my head. Im just...ugh..why cant parents be more thorough at checking their children for this?...why wait and have a salon tell you..

Jordy I am counting down the days! I feel like it will never get here but at the same time I see the end of our almost 6 year struggle to finally get our miracle. :)

On the subjet of lice I have never personally had to deal with it with my kids thank god but I did get it once as a child from school. It took forever to get rid of it and I am very cautious when it comes to my kids ... just the thought makes my head itch. However it is very easy to catch and go unnoticed for the first little bit. :/

Mommas I am so happy you finally got your little miracle :) I am very much looking forward to seeing him!

Sorry ladies...i really need to vent...Friend keeps trying to invite herself to my home the day after I get home from the hospital. Keep saying no and yet she is still repeatedly trying. Ive kept in mind that her youngest is now 11 and im making her miss having a baby..but its almost becoming too much..she texts me everyday about it and when I see her fridays she doesnt leave my belly alone..talks about how she cant wait until he is here and we come to the shop on fridays because he will be her baby those days..im way too nice to say anything either..im just starting to feel suffocated and its starting to take the thrill of this new life that is about to join my family away. It feels like shes trying to take over. None of her kids were born via c section so she doesnt understand the recovery process..but she was around when I had my partial hysterectomy which has the exact same recovery..I was down for 2 weeks and let no one come visit..didnt want visitors...im just getting endlessly frustrated with it..and I feel like its damaging our friendship. I dont like being pushed and feeling cornered/smothered. Just dont understand why she cant just accept no as an answer and let it go...also...I asked what her and her family had going on the 23rd..there is a magic shop near my hospital that holds tournaments on wednesdays..said they should come up so her husband and my SO could go play and she could hang with me in the hospital..just one excuse after the other as to why that wont work out..just wants to invade my home apparently..ugh..sorry..this has really been bothering me and stressing me out

the day she plans on coming here is the day of a prerelease event for magic which i told my SO to be a part of..so my mom is coming to spend the day here to help me..if she knocks on my door that day uninvited..should I just have my mom answer and tell her im sleeping?

Jordy, dont be afraid to tell her no. My mom told me the same thing if there was a time we didnt want any visitors. We are the new moms. Others need to understand that we need our time at first to spend with baby and to recover.

Thats just the thing...ive told her no several times..she just keeps asking and I wouldnt put it past her to just show up..part of why its becoming so frustrating ):

Jordy you are way nicer than I am! We have made it very clear that we do not want anyone at the hospital besides us and our kids for the first few hours after he is born and if anyones shows up they will not be allowed in the room period. She needs to respect your decision and space even if you do have to get a little hateful to get your point across. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be able to settle in and recovery from having a baby and surgery all at the same time.

I agree with the others Jordy. Just try and be more forceful if you can and tell her you want to spend time on your own for a few days after giving birth to recover and bond with your little one. Even if it means having a small argument or falling out with your friend then I'm sure it will be worth it to get what you want and if she is that good a friend id hope she would understand and respect your wishes anyway.

I know it's hard to be more forceful sometimes though. I have my mum keep telling me she wants to visit us for a week once my hubby goes back to work. I don't get on great withy mum anyway and we have already told her and the rest of the family that we can't put any of them up as we have no room (we are in a 2 bed house - 1 room is ours and 1 the nursery) but she keeps saying that she will sleep on the floor or sofa...errr no!!!! I've decided that the next time she brings it up I'm just going to tell it to her straight that we don't want anyone staying at ours as whilst we appreciate her wanting to help us out we don't want anyone getting in our way and stressing us out by staying over. I know it will cause an argument as my mum struggles for money so she won't be able to afford to stay in a hotel but if it means getting what I want then I'm prepared to have a few short words with her.

Xx

That is AWESOME news Jordy! :)

Afm I am wide awake at 3am and have to be at the hospital at 6. :( I guess I am to excited/nervous to sleep good... I knew this would happen but I was hoping to sleep until at least 430. However I get to meet Maysen today so it is totally worth it! :) Will update and post pics soon.

That is AWESOME news Jordy! :)

Afm I am wide awake at 3am and have to be at the hospital at 6. :( I guess I am to excited/nervous to sleep good... I knew this would happen but I was hoping to sleep until at least 430. However I get to meet Maysen today so it is totally worth it! :) Will update and post pics soon.

How exciting that today is the day you get to meet your little one! :)

Good luck and I can't wait to see some pictures!

The c section got cancelled!! So yep!!!!! Im so so happy! I hope he chooses to come soon!

Mommas- good luck today!! So excited for you!!! Cant wait to see pics!

Good luck mommas...cant wait to see pics. Hope it all goes well.

Shawn Maysen was born today at 3:57 p.m. weighing in at 6 lbs 14 oz and 21 in long. He is amazing and is doing awesome. :)

Attachments

• 20150916_204545-1.jpg
    20150916_204545-1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20150916_160241-1.jpg
    20150916_160241-1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 2
Been checking this all day!! Yayyyyyyy!!! Ahhhhh congrats!!!

Thanks ladies he is absolutely precious and we are beyond blessed! :)

Congrats Mommas!! He is adorable!

Jordy...is it just me & you left now? I've still had no signs so you'll probably have your little one before me at this rate! :haha:

Xx

Bing it must be hard being due now and still no baby in sight. I couldnt imagine being overdue.

As of tuesday I will be just one week away from my due date. Pretty sure we are the last two! I havent had any signs of labor yet either...driving me nuts! But he did just flip about a week ago so I mean..I am trying to just count my blessings and be thankful for things as they come :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->