September/October bump buddies...anyone wlecome!

Hi everyone!

How is everyone doing at the moment?

I'm still suffering from MS. The worse day was on Monday when I was 8+3. I was vomiting on and off all day long. But since then I've just been bringing up a bit of stomach bile in the mornings and feeling nauseous on and off throughout the day. The worst is in the mornings when I get to work and the evening when I get home so I'm wondering whether the 1 hour train journey to/from work causes it.

We are travelling back to see family tonight as my hubby's dad has a knee replacement operation tomorrow. We're telling his parents tonight and mine tomorrow. We have bought them each a big slab of chocolate and the shop iced on each slab "you're going to be a Grandma/Grandad!" I can't wait to see their faces.

I hope everyone else has a great weekend.

Well hubby was more excited than I was I am still in shock. I have prayed for another baby so long but I never imagined being blessed with two at one time. The nausea is definitely killer though I only had this with my first miscarriage so it isn't something I've really had to deal with before. The doctor gave me Zofran but after reading the possible birth defects I'll stick to being sick.

Bing I'm so sorry the morning sickness has gotten you as well I hope it goes away soon. When do you go to the doctor to see your little bean?

MnG How are you doing hun?

I'm doing ok..My back still really really hurts and I gagged for the first time from a nasty smell today at work so everyone is on to me in this dept.
On the upside I managed to get a few hours of sleep.

Tonight is girls night- dinner and 50 Shades. I can't wait!

What's everyone's Valentine's plans?

Mommas, twins! Omg I don't know if I could do that. I hope the ms passes soon.

Mng, that sounds like fun plans tonight. We don't celebrate Valentine's day so nothing special this weekend.

Bing, have fun telling your families. I am sure they will be thrilled.

Afm, hubby has been making me test everyday so he can see the line get darker. I think he is finally relaxing about this pregnancy. My dd is super clingy with me and won't let my husband touch either of us without screaming. And it looks like I have lost my sweet tooth. My homemade chocolate chip banana bread made me feel sick this morning.:nope:

Im doing good...my voice has almost fully returned and feeling way better now. I just wish my drs appt would get here sooner as i hate waiting lol. Sorry to those dealing with ms...knock on wood i have yet to get it. So far no new symptoms. Im 8 +2 weeks now and still in the clear. Looking forward to one day meeting this sweet little one.

As for valentines plans there isnt much...we are going out for a late lunch before we have swim practice.

No Ms here but having a hard time getting comfortable at night. I've been waking up every morning around 4/5 with a stomach ache, I cause that is Ms. But after that session in good for the rest of the day.... Today I've been feeling tugging down in lower abdomen...

Hi everyone!

Mommas-twins, congrats :) Very exciting!

Bing-I hope your family is very excited for you and loves their chocolate.

Mng-you must let us know how the 50 shades movie is!!!

We had our dr visit yesterday, will be 12 wks on Tuesday. Everything went well, she found the heartbeat right away-164bmp-perfect she said!!:happydance:

We told my family last night. I made my mom the blue/pink blanket (for her chemo treatments) and she was like, thankyou, wait-it's pink and blue, that means baby?!? She is very excited, saying she has to get better to enjoy her first grandbaby! I really hope this gives her some encouragement to beat this thing! The rest of the family thought the M & M's were adorable! Now, on to telling the in-laws tomorrow :)

My morning sickness is really slowing up this week. Still some nausea, but not as bad or as often.

I hope everyone is doing well and has a great Valentine's day :)

Happy valentine's day girls! Hope you're all able to spend it with your loved ones ☺

50 Shades was a bit disappointing. I felt that the female character was a pretty bad actress. The dialogue was pretty slow. Overall it was just ok.

Anyone else around the 6 week mark feeling queezy? I'm not sick per say just feeling like I can't eat.

Happy valentine's day girls! Hope you're all able to spend it with your loved ones ☺

50 Shades was a bit disappointing. I felt that the female character was a pretty bad actress. The dialogue was pretty slow. Overall it was just ok.

Anyone else around the 6 week mark feeling queezy? I'm not sick per say just feeling like I can't eat.

I seen it too, didn't like the ending. Question did you read the book? The female was okay....she wasn't that appealing, but from talking to people who read the book, they say she fit the description from the book...... It was okay to me too, not great. But I also never read the book

They were a really good read so I'm looking forward to seeing how well they fit the characters and how well they stick to the storyline. Twilight was a bit of a disappointment with sticking to the storyline so I'm not holing my breath.

Happy Valentine's day everyone!

I did read the books and enjoyed them all. I think my problem with the movie was just the actress.. her constant lip biting and low, monotone voice really bugged me.

Can't say anything about the twilight books as i never read them but i did like the movies :)

Did we all have a fun Valentines day??

I can honestly say no I did not have a good Valentine's day. Hubby kind of freaked out on me. We have massive projects in our home that are expensive and time consuming to do. Now he is really worried that if we can't do it before the baby comes it won't ever get done. Hope everyone else had good days.

Sorry I've not had chance to catch up yet. I will do tomorrow.

I just needed to share my worry with someone.

So my sister just text me to say my niece has come out in loads of spots today and they think it's chicken pox. I had direct contact with my niece yesterday and I've never had chicken pox.

I'm so scared and worried as I've heard it can cause all kinds of complications when pregnant if I were to get it :cry:

I rang my midwife and left a message and I'll also ring my doctors tomorrow morning too.

Bing I am truly hoping you were around her close enough to her breakout that it won't be a problem..I know that someone with a virus (flu/cold) is actually most contagious about a week before they even start showing symptoms I feel like that could be true about the pox as well. Regardless you are in my prayers.

JandJ I feel a bit late in saying this..but congrats on stepping into your second tri!

Thanks Jordypotpie. Unfortunately chicken pox is most contagious 1-2 days before the spots break out and I had direct contact with my niece 1 day before the spots broke out :cry:

I've rang my GP surgery. My doctor is ringing me back at 10am (in 2 hours time).

Looking on the internet, here in the UK they will first give you a blood test to see if your immune. If your not immune they will give you the chickenpox vaccination, as it can be given up to 10 days after exposure to chickenpox (so long as the spots haven't come out yet). However it's only around 75% effective at preventing it after being exposed so i could still get chickenpox even after having the vaccine.

If I did get chickenpox then it looks like I'd have lots of detailed scans to check for birth defects, as chickenpox in pregnancy can cause FVS which causes serious birth defects such as scaring, shortened limbs, brain damage and eye defects. In your first 12 weeks of pregnancy the risk of the baby getting FVS is less than 1% but its still really stressful to think there is still a chance it could happen. Especially when stats are not on our side seeing as we fell into the 5% of couple who don't conceive within 12 months! :cry:

Is it really bad of me to feel angry and annoyed at my sister too?

As my niece had been ill during the week with a fever and vomiting etc (it's obvious now this was the start of chickenpox), so she wasn't going to bring her two little ones around to see me on Saturday but just turned up on out the blue. I know she couldn't have known it was chickenpox but I just feel angry at her that she risked it when her little ones had been ill, especially with me being pregnant. :growlmad:

Oh Bing! I would feel the same way. I would be upset but since she didn't know what was going on you really can't be mad at her. I didn't get the chicken pox until I was 14 (and the only reason I did get it was bc i had a friend sleeping over)... then I had the shingles virus twice around 19 (which is the adult form of the pox). Is it possible you can get shingles without having had CP?
I hope the doc was able to give you some good news. Please keep us posted! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->