September/October SMEP Thread

LiLi2

Reaction score
Anyone else planning on doing SMEP this cycle?

I'm CD 5 today, will be ovulating around CD 15. I concieved my son on the first month of SMEP so we are trying it again this round 😉
Feel free to join me and talk all things baby-making!

This is my first cycle trying SMEP! I am on my 9th cycle ttc #1. I am currently on cd 17 and still haven't gotten my positive opk (lots of ewcm though!) My last two cycles were 49 days! But I generally have an average of 33 days! I was temping for the past 4 months....but it was stressing me out so I stopped. So I am just sticking with opks and bding every other day until I get a positive! I hear great things about smep so I'm hoping this could be my month!!

Baby dust to you!!:dust:

Hi Ortega!

I love SMEP because theres not much guesswork and even if your O day is off a day or two, you're still covering your bases.
Have you tried any other "methods"? I'll be interested to see how SMEP works for you!

I need to go get some more Preseed. I love that stuff even when not TTC :lol: Seems like forever until O time this month.

I love using preseed as well! Any of my EWCM that I have generally only lasts a day or two so its nice to have that extra something :). I have also tried softcups which are nice because they keep everything inside and I dont feel so wet afterwards (lol sorry tmi).

I do take daily prenantal vitamins and folic acid and this month ive started to drink a cup of raspberry leaf tea which I will stop once a O.

It does seem like forever waiting to O...I have definitely become a lot more patient overtime. Is this your first cycle trying for #2?

Oh man, you just reminded me to start taking a prenatal again. Can't believe I forgot! I was so on it with #1. Lol.

This is my first cycle "officially" trying. We were NTNP for a cycle or two, then stopped because our son had a major sleep regression and I was exhausted. Now we are back at it. ��

I'm still breastfeeding my son, so I'm curious to see how that plays out. I hope I can nurse him through at least some of my pregnancy, I'm not ready to wean yet! Lol

What does the raspberry leaf tea do?

From my understanding it helps thicken the uterine lining and also helps with PMS (I get bad cramping). It also has a lot of different vitamins. Its advised that you don't use it after you ovulate because it can cause uterine spasms which can interfere with the implantation of the egg. It is also commonly used during the last couple of weeks in pregnancy to help with labor. I like teas so finding something thats beneficial is always an added plus! It also helps with breastfeeding :winkwink::winkwink:

I am on CD 19 and I am hoping that ovulation is right around the corner and that I am not experiencing another loonnnnggg cycle. I go out of town next week away from DH so I am hoping to ovulate before then :(

What kind of OPKs are you using? I am using the clear blue smiley ones...its a hit or miss but I enjoy seeing the smilies!!

Interesting! I'm not much of a tea drinker, does it taste pretty good? Maybe I'll pick some up if I can chill it and add honey. Yum ;)

I haven't gotten OPKs yet because I'm only CD 6, but I'll probably just grab a couple $tree ones. I know pretty much when I ovulate, so I may just go based on that. Though I've had 30 day cycles since my son was 6 months and last cycle was 27 days, so I guess I should use them.

I just found out that several of my friends are also trying to get pregnant. I'm so excited for them, as they all have babies my son's age so it will be nice for us all to have our next kids around the same time too, but it also adds some pressure. Sounds silly, but I keep thinking "what if they all get pregnant and I dont?" I need to stop thinking like that. Lol!

I think that way as well!!! I have a friend who will be ttc next month for the first time and I cant help but think the same thing. I tell my DH that if she gets pregnant before I do I will be so upset! lol its hard taking those thoughts away sometimes!

I know you mentioned that you conceived your son the first time you tried SMEP. How long were you trying for with him?

We were NTNP for the better part of 3 years before trying SMEP. But we weren't going all out using OPKs and tracking ovulation, just truly NTNP. I was shocked when we got pregnant the first time with SMEP as I thought it would take months!

:hi: I'm doing SMEP this cycle too. I'm on CD8 and I O around CD 13. So this weekend we'll be getting busy. FOr now were doing the EOD. I'm also on cycle 4 of Clomid. Good luck to us all! :dust:

Hi deedee! Is this your first cycle doing SMEP? Good luck this weekend!

Deedee good luck this weekend!! Hope you catch your bean :)

I am on CD 22 today with my third "high fertility" flashing smiley! I havent taken an OPK today yet, but I am really hoping its positive :(. DH and I will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary this weekend! So it will be a perfect opportunity to :sex::sex: !! lol and then I will be leaving monday afternoon for a work trip for a week! so I wont be able to BD :(

FX!!!!!

Baby dust to you both!!! :dust:

I'm doing SMEP this month! I tried to stay close to the plan around O time last month, had a chemical. Trying to follow it more closely this month as it is out last month trying before taking a break. Currently cd11 usually o around cd18 but I got some oddly dark opks yesterday. Think my hormones are out of whack from the chemical probably so maybe early O maybe just a fluke on the dark opks.

Yay for high fertility and anniversary sex! Haha, good luck Ortega!

Keep watching those OPKs todmommy. Mine sometimes go dark, light, then really dark. Hormones... Smh. Lol! Sorry about your chemical. Hope this is your month!

I've had 30 day cycles since my son was born, but last cycle was 28 days so not sure when I'll O. Probably Weds-ish. Started my every other day BD last night.

Also, I'm laughing at your avatar, todmommy :lol:

Hi deedee! Is this your first cycle doing SMEP? Good luck this weekend!

Hello! I've tried it once before. It's been a while now :)

SO how's everyone doing? I'm on CD11 and just waiting for my OPK smiley lol.. Should be today or tomorrow.

Deedee good luck this weekend!! Hope you catch your bean :)

I am on CD 22 today with my third "high fertility" flashing smiley! I havent taken an OPK today yet, but I am really hoping its positive :(. DH and I will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary this weekend! So it will be a perfect opportunity to :sex::sex: !! lol and then I will be leaving monday afternoon for a work trip for a week! so I wont be able to BD :(

FX!!!!!

Baby dust to you both!!! :dust:

Thanks and hope this is your weekend too! Happy Anni!

Thanks lili I got cracked up by that one too haha.

Deedee fx you get your smiley soon!

My opk tonight was a little lighter than the one last night and got a low on my cb digi so still just patiently waiting. :coffee:

Deedee - did you get your positive OPK over the weekend? I noticed you have hypothyroid, can I ask what prompted you to get it checked? I have been considering getting mine checked as I have quite a few of the symptoms but I can't decide.

Lili where are you at in your cycle now? How are things going?

Afm my OPKs have stayed at about the same weird level of darkness but started my digi as I wanted something less confusing :haha: I got my first flashing smiley today!

I've never used the digital OPKs, does flashing mean you're going to O soon and solid means in the next 24hrs or what?

I'm CD 12 today. Noticed my first bit of EWCM today, woohoo! I imagine I will O around Wednesday, even though my app says Saturday. I typically have a 14 day LP, and a 28-30 day cycle, so weds or thurs most likely. Today is my off day, then we BD tues, weds, thurs, and sat. Picked up Preseed this morning. Love that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->