September/October SMEP Thread

I've never tried preseed. Have more than enough of my own :blush: :haha: so exciting when O time is coming up!

I use the dual hormone digi so the flashing is the start of your estrogen surge and then the solid is your lh surge last month I had three flashing days before my solid and positive IC strip

Got it. Maybe I'll try those next month! I never got a positive opk the month I conceived my son though. Odd!

I typically have enough CM, but sometimes I'm not all that in the mood when TTC so Preseed helps me fake it. Ha!! (Not "it", just fake the excitement. I want it to be fun and exciting for my husband ��)

Good plan! My OH doesn't seem to care whether I am excited about it or not lol but any longer ttc and I know he would get sick of it

Man, sometimes life with a toddler makes me question why we want another one :haha:

Good thing today is an off day or I might not want to try!! Lol

Deedee - did you get your positive OPK over the weekend? I noticed you have hypothyroid, can I ask what prompted you to get it checked? I have been considering getting mine checked as I have quite a few of the symptoms but I can't decide.

Lili where are you at in your cycle now? How are things going?

Afm my OPKs have stayed at about the same weird level of darkness but started my digi as I wanted something less confusing :haha: I got my first flashing smiley today!

I Got my smiley last night! We've been bding all weekend anyway lol. As for the hypo, I was 30times more than 'tired' I had gone from hiking and backpacking one of the hardest trails in Cali to calling out of work because I couldn't get out of bed for my 3pm shift. I was falling asleep at the wheel and taking multiple caffeine pills. Just complete exhaustion. When I told my doctor this she told me I was getting older...I had just turned 31 at the time! I demanded a full panel including thyroid and even when it came back as hypo she said it was probably just a virus and told me to wait another month to retest. I fired her soon after. Since then there had been weight gain no matter how little I eat, lack of energy etc. my meds are ok but I still struggle with symptoms.

HI everyone!! I am currently 3dpo(or at least I hope). I got my positive opk on Friday and BD'd the whole weekend before I left for my work trip! Fxxxxx that I caught an eggie! Usually after ovulation my breasts hurt right away but so far Nothing :-(. I'm not going to symptom spot only because I know I have crazy pms symptoms too!!

As everyone ovulated already??

Deedee- that sounds terrible my tiredness definitely is not as severe. And what a crap doctor! I would have been furious

Orte- awesome BD schedule!(as I forget this is SMEP thread :haha: ) hopefully the lack of soreness doesn't mean anything and it is just an off month

Still waiting to ovulate. I'm thinking by this Saturday that egg will come out of hiding :coffee: I had to buy a new pack of the cb digis and with the new monitor I got a low where I have been getting flashing smileys hoping tomorrow I will get back to my flashies

Sounds like you had good timing, Ortega!

Haven't ovulated here yet, but I'm on day 2 of my every day BD in hopes of ovulating tomorrow!

I'm confused because I've been having 30 day cycles since about 7 months PP with my son, but last cycle was 28 days, which is what they were pre-pregnancy. So I don't know whether to assume this cycle will be 28 or 30 days. I know I have about a 14 day LP, so that could change O day by 2 days. I think I'm going to just keep BDing until I no longer have EWCM. One app says I O tomorrow and the other says not until Saturday.

FX you get your flashy smileys back soon, todmommy!

I'm following SMEP as well. I use a CBFM and im on CD 7 so we will start BD tomorrow on CD 8. We did BD last night too but that was just for fun lol. Hopefully this month I get a peak on my monitor. I only got highs last month.

Welcome Texas Rider! The month I concieved my son I never got a positive OPK, so still BD when it shows a surge!

We did! Lol we just haven't caught the egg yet. We BD quite frequently during and after the fertile window just haven't gotten a BFP. But it's all good, I know I will get pregnant soon. The stats are in my favor to conceive in a year so we will just keep doing what we are doing haha

I like your optimism 😊

I'm exhausted again today. A friend's 1 year d stays with me a couple days a week and having two 1 year old boys is exhausting. Maybe another cup of coffee will give me the energy to :sex: lol.

Speaking of coffee, do y'all cut caffeine and alcohol when TTC?

I don't cut anything when ttc, for me it makes the process of trying more draining than it already is. With DS I cut everything the first two months trying for him and I was so drained, decided to NTNP the third cycle and returned to my old habits and ended up pregnant.

I cut it all out when TTC my son, but I just can't quit coffee this time. Not that I want to, but it would be nice if I didn't depend on it so much (I.e. If my son would sleep past 5:30am :haha: )

I don't quit either. I figure I'm going to have to quit alcohol when I get pregnant and then cut back caffeine so I might as well live it up now haha. I'm trying pretty hard to be optimistic. I know that over 80 something percent of couples conceive in a year so I'm going with that 😄

That's kind of the "problem" with forums like this (not really a problem, but you know what I mean). There are more women with fertility issues or trouble conceiving on a forum than in the general population. I think it can sometimes freak us out that "so many" women have trouble, but our sample is skewed, if you know what I mean. Sometimes after reading on here for a while I start to get a little freaked and have to remind myself of that. Lol.

TMI, but we BD in a position that didn't allow for optimal swimmer retention and most spilled out. Bummer lol

I'm not really having as much EWCM this cycle as I normally do. Hope that's not a bad sign.

Yes I understand what you mean. I get freaked out too sometimes. But for now there is no reason to think I would have problems with conceiving. I agree that there seems to be a greater number of people who have trouble conceiving on these boards simply because those may be more likely to search out help if that makes sense. I personally come here so I can talk about all things TTC and I don't bother my husband as much about it haha

Agreed that the forums can be scary sometimes. With my son I had no worries and took one test and that was it I was done. Now I see all the miscarriages and that is what gets to me, I have become very paranoid about that.

Sad day, you lost most of your spermies :( on the plus side it was probably more fun to switch it up haha

Texas- staying optimistic will definitely pay off in the end with things not being so stressful! I'm glad you are able to step back and realize the forums are usually full of stories like that. Does you hubby know about BnB? If I am on my phone or computer and not talking to my OH his first response is are you baby bumping? :haha:

I am feeling like absolute crud today. My cold started yesterday and today it is terrible. I am running a fever too which is weird since my temp this morning was normal. I ALWAYS get a cold around O time, I'm glad my body lowers my immune system for baby but getting a cold every month is a pain in the rear.

How annoying, todmommy. I hope you feel better quickly!

I'm just in a crap mood today, so probably won't even BD. Though today is my most fertile day... it may even be O day. It's going to take something miraculous happening to put me in the mood. Lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->