***September Rainbow babies 2013 - 4 boy & 5 girls born so far***

Sannie87 yes sorry edd, means estimated due date. I said estimated as that's normally all it is they give you more accurate one at your scan :D

Yes we had a scan around 6+5 with this one and we saw loads :D
currently it's the 13th the timing is so apt it's my husbands birthday on the 7th and we got married on the 25th of September 2 years ago :cloud9:

Sorry you had a hard time taking bloods at midwife, my last midwife 2 years ago butchered my arm too it was horrible but yesterday went fine thank god as I hate needles.

My midwife did say she was going to appoint a consultant for me, but it was so much information in one hour that I forgot to ask why that is? Does anyone here have an idea?

Hi everyone!

Sorry i havent posted in a while, ive been super busy :-( Things are still going well with this pregnancy, phew. I had my early bird appointment last week and first midwife appointment on tuesday. They tried to take bloods but the veins in both my arms collapsed and i had to go back yesterday to try again, they managed to get enough out but had to use both my arms again. Im covered in bruises ouch! The midwife thinks im now 10 weeks, i think im 8 and a bit. I know i ovulated late but she didnt want to know. Just waiting for my scan date to arrive then we will know :)

Welcome and congratulations to the new ladies :dust:

Sannie87 yes sorry edd, means estimated due date. I said estimated as that's normally all it is they give you more accurate one at your scan :D

currently it's the 13th the timing is so apt it's my husbands birthday on the 7th and we got married on the 25th of September 2 years ago :cloud9:

Sorry you had a hard time taking bloods at midwife, my last midwife 2 years ago butchered my arm too it was horrible but yesterday went fine thank god as I hate needles.

My midwife did say she was going to appoint a consultant for me, but it was so much information in one hour that I forgot to ask why that is? Does anyone here have an idea?

When they asked the health questions did you have any or any family history?

When they asked the health questions did you have any or any family history?
Not really, I just told her that due to the Trisomie 18 we were referred to Genetics clinic and 2 males on my dads family are mentally disabled/ learning difficulties but I was tested and I was not a carrier of what they thought might affect males in My family and just in general that I have allot of anxiety and the depression i went through after our loss.

Oh well I am sure time will tell lol

I would ask next time you see them, it may just be safety for now, and you actually find they let you go midwife. Best thing is to ask so you are fully informed

Should I be worried about that now? :(
Sorry for bombaring you :blush:

xx

Sannie87 no i wouldn't be this early on and not until you know why, it could just be a precaution. It just means that your birth is lead my consultant instead of just midwives. So you may have less birth options but you should still be able to have a natural birth.

Best thing is to ask. get a little book and write down all questions you have for the midwife :D

That's a very good idea. Thank you :D
I am moving away from the County we live in now just as we hit 3 months so I will be under Buckinghamshire care instead of Herts so.

Sannie87 just keep the same notes they should know what everything your midwife is writing means :D and yes the notebook thing was something we did in first pregnancy helps so much as you are so excited you forget, especially when you get to the appointments when they listen to baby's heartbeat

Yeah deff. She asked me if I had any questions and I was in such a daze so just went No thank you and off I went :dohh:

I read you want to have a home birth? That's pretty exciting :D
Any reasons you would prefer this rather than hospital?

xx

Always wanted a home birth, got accepted with dd only to be adviced it 5 days before birth due to reduced fetal movement (which was actually probably caused by the fact she was so big and couldn't move - because she was a big baby) my birth went amazing and would have been find for a home birth

So this time I decided to go with my instincts. Also means less chance of being away from dh over night, and also means that will be apart from chloe for minimum time too. The chance for only limited pain relief doesn't bother me too much either as my dd was born with just gas and air

I guess a home birth does make the situation allot easier when you already have little ones at home. Let's hope you can have that this time :thumbup:

I'd just be too nervous to give birth at home i am a born worrier.

Sannie87 i think as long as correct people there it's ok, if any signs of problem they normally transfer you to hospital

Mummy - the home birth sounds interesting!!! Best of luck preparing for that!!

Hope you're all having a good Thursday! One more day til the weekend!

Hey ladies!!!

I want to join you all, as well :hi:

We are pregnant for the 12th time since we started TTC, and I'm really hoping that this is going to be our rainbow baby!

I'm on prednisolone 25mg as a steroid to try to stop [what we think it] my thyroid antibodies from killing off my beans!

Can't wait to chat with you!

Hi stucki!!! Really really hoping for you!! Prednisolone is good stuff!! I have an eye condition (iritis) where my eyes get really bloodshot (I don't know if the eye thing is due to living in the desert or due to an underlying immune issue), so I have to take prednisolone eye drops... I am hoping that they will only do good while I am pg. FX for you!

Thanks moondust. I'm really, really, unnaturally hopeful that the steroids give us a take home baby :D

It's still far too early to say though. lol

stuckinoki welcome to the group sorry for your losses

Thanks Mummytochloe.

I'm really hoping this is it too.

I hate that because I got a BFP, now I'm feeling every. single. little. twinge....It's like it's psychosomatic or something. lol

stuckinoki i was exactly like that after my bfp. even after 3 scans i still am :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->