***September Rainbow babies 2013 - 4 boy & 5 girls born so far***

dancareoi yes i wanted a water birth with my daughter but didn't think i would be strong enough to have one as my pain threshold is crap but i did with just gas and air, and only had that right near the end. So i said from before i even wanted another we would go for home water birth with no pain relief. I will have it there just in case though

I don't blame you! Would be a great achievement to do it without!

Am i right in thinking you hire the pools?

No problem :D You will have to post a picture and show us. I am carrying high I think so maybe we are similar or will be? Ooo hope things turn out well with them :thumbup: Thank you, I am rather shocked lol :shock:
Lmao :haha: So funny!!

Eeek I hate photos and have some over hang haha the bump on the top has gone again!! There was a woman at antenatal clinic today with the tiniest cute bump and she was due any day. xxx

I've gained about 14pds....which is about a 1 stone i believe...
Im about the total weight i was when i gavve birth to ds :dohh:

What are we all doing for labor?? Drugs? Water birth? Etc

I wanted nothing with DS with had EVERYTHING, epidural and spinal!! haha I'm just going to go with the flow but am very limited because of the gestational diabetes. A stone is good considering you are over half way through. Not long til the 3rd trimester and a home run!! xx

Liss I was at diabetic clinic yesterday . Now up to 14 units at night due to high morning readings. My after dinner readings are getting higher but still within range. As no clinic next week due to bank holiday, they have given me a fast acting insulin in preparation for when I need it. I will need to call them if my readings if to too high and they will tell me how much to take and when!

The put me on metformin twice a day for a week, Yay no injections for a week. She said I will still need insulin but will see how my sugars are on Metformin before they decide on the dosage. They are also changing my insulin as I seem to be allergic to novamix this time.
I have to go back next week for a review but have all my scan dates,,next one in 6 weeks.
You must be injecting lots at the moment.. eekk I feel for you.
xxx
The scan went really well. Things look perfect with the babies. I am having a boy and girl. It's crazy to me how two little beings could be in there.

Thats great news!!! Wow congrats blue and pink!!! I was right finally :) xxx

Mwaah - As if? that is crazy!! Goes to show we all are different when it comes to pregnancy. When you feel brave enough, post away :thumbup:

Yes you hire pool if you having homebirth cost £80 and that covers me from 37-42 weeks which is when they will let you birth at home. Kinda hoping I may go around 38/39 weeks due to Chloe's weight and would quite like August baby though

Yes you hire pool if you having homebirth cost £80 and that covers me from 37-42 weeks which is when they will let you birth at home. Kinda hoping I may go around 38/39 weeks due to Chloe's weight and would quite like August baby though

MTC, they'll be a young baby when they go to school, if bab is born August, that'll be a years less nursery fees?

Liss, only injecting twice still at the moment, just got to keep an eye on those after dinner readings, but I have been told its only a matter of time before I'm injecting more!

Congratulations to everyone that has had their scan!!

I would LOVE a water birth but chances of that happening are low. With Olly i was in slow labour for 3 days then when i thought i was getting somewhere we got to the hospital and i was taken down to theatre because Ollys heart rate was dropping (they nearly sent me home before even checking me, i was arguing with a midwife who said i wasnt in labour :growlmad:) I feel a lot happier this time because as soon as i get any signs of labour i have to go in so they can monitor me as im hopefully having a VBAC.

Im hoping this little guy will be a tad early or on time, not a week late like his brother.

Congratulations to everyone that has had their scan!!

I would LOVE a water birth but chances of that happening are low. With Olly i was in slow labour for 3 days then when i thought i was getting somewhere we got to the hospital and i was taken down to theatre because Ollys heart rate was dropping (they nearly sent me home before even checking me, i was arguing with a midwife who said i wasnt in labour :growlmad:) I feel a lot happier this time because as soon as i get any signs of labour i have to go in so they can monitor me as im hopefully having a VBAC.

Im hoping this little guy will be a tad early or on time, not a week late like his brother.

I had a vbac with my third.

Monthly checkup today.....and i get a breakdown of my ultrasound results and fibroids.

This week has been pretty miserable for me. I have a constant pain on my right hip whenever i wallk and especially going up the stairs.... not sure what is causing this...im sure my doctor will say "just take tylenol"

I didnt have this with ds. :shrug:

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hiya all,

Has anyone heard from tekkitten?

No idea what that is Army but hope you dont have to suffer with it for the rest of the pregnancy.

Lisa the metformin seems to be working for me!! I'm so glad as hated injecting. The consultant said I will need insulin aswell but at this rate I wont. I even had a KFC for lunch and my reading was 5.9 afterwards. One of my best readings!! It does give bad wind and loose stools though. Only 17 more weeks to suffer it. I hope you don't have to inject more.

MTC, goodluck with your water birth, i wish I could have one. I hope mine is a September baby as all Banjo's friends are starting school a year before him and they all look so young. He is early September so will be the oldest in his class.

Hope you have a better birth experience this time around and little man doesn't keep you waiting.

Well Zebra I dont know what has happened but i do look pregnant. My bump came back at that top and has stayed and people have even commented!! When I feel brave I will post.

Cannot believe its May, this pregnancy is flying well once I got out of the 1st tri it has xxx

Liss, some of my readings are getting borderline but its sometimes what I'm eating , I really need to watch it a little closer.

Army, could be sciatica, I had it with third PG started in my bottoms and steadily moved down my leg, very painful, I couldn't sit down and walking a lying we're also uncomfortable, just took paracetamol. Has it at around 6 months and I think it lasted about a month!

Army - I had a sharp burning pain in my hip, right side. Not sure what that was :wacko:

Mwaah - That is brilliant :happydance:

:wave: Hello everyone else

Liss, some of my readings are getting borderline but its sometimes what I'm eating , I really need to watch it a little closer.

Army, could be sciatica, I had it with third PG started in my bottoms and steadily moved down my leg, very painful, I couldn't sit down and walking a lying we're also uncomfortable, just took paracetamol. Has it at around 6 months and I think it lasted about a month!

Thanks for the info! Sounds kinda like what im having but its specifically on my right hip towards my back.
Any time i change position, put pressure on that leg , it hurts..stretching too aggravates it.

Doctor said she doesnt know what it could be and recommended physical therapy. I declined. Its hard to find time just to go to a checkup so i'll just suck it up

On a good note doc said because of my fibroids they want to do extra scans :happydance: just to make sure baby is growing good with the fibroids in the way.

How is everyone today!

I have been getting a slight pulling in my left bottom cheek! Hoping I haven't got sciatica starting.

Still in major pain here :wave: :cry:
so hard to play with ds now.

Cant wait until it goes away!!!

Dancareoi: hope your left butt cheek feels better soon!

Still in major pain here :wave: :cry:
so hard to play with ds now.

Cant wait until it goes away!!!

Dancareoi: hope your left butt cheek feels better soon!

Hi, sorry you are in pain, it does sound like sciatica you have. With my DS it lasted about a month. I remember sitting down was difficult! I just took paracetamol.

It can last through the pregnancy due to baby lying on sciatic nerve. If it does last it should go away when baby born. Although that's not much comfort to you when you have 4 months left to go!:hugs:

Thank you! :hugs: The worst pain for me is getting up from sitting down and stairs...

Hubby and i haven't been able to dtd because of this , so since its been so long, i laid like a log last night and we dtd.....lol. i felt like an old grandma withh a bad hip. Didn't move an inch lol.

Hiya ladies

Ouch Army, bless you for putting up with it to satisfy your OH.

You too Lisa. Hope it doesnt start up to bad for you.

Saw the consultant today. They are really happy with the metformin and I am insulin free for another 2 weeks. Little bean was being a monkey and they couldnt find the heartbeat so they gave me a quick scan and there it was happy and healthy.
I had a friend over that I haven't seen for 2 weeks and she said i was looking pregnant :)

How is everyone else doing?? xxx

Hiya ladies

Ouch Army, bless you for putting up with it to satisfy your OH.

You too Lisa. Hope it doesnt start up to bad for you.

Saw the consultant today. They are really happy with the metformin and I am insulin free for another 2 weeks. Little bean was being a monkey and they couldnt find the heartbeat so they gave me a quick scan and there it was happy and healthy.
I had a friend over that I haven't seen for 2 weeks and she said i was looking pregnant :)

How is everyone else doing?? xxx

Glad you are still keeping off insulin, my readings are getting borderline, so only a matter of time before I'm on more insulin I think!

I saw midwife yesterday and she had trouble finding HB as baby wouldn't keep still, she got it in the end though, but she had to chase it round with the Doppler!

Maybe you're having a girl!

Well I am getting to the waddling like a duck stage and bump seems to be getting bigger each day!

Glad you are still keeping off insulin, my readings are getting borderline, so only a matter of time before I'm on more insulin I think!

I saw midwife yesterday and she had trouble finding HB as baby wouldn't keep still, she got it in the end though, but she had to chase it round with the Doppler!

Well I am getting to the waddling like a duck stage and bump seems to be getting bigger each day!

That sucks about the insulin. My fasting ones are still borderline and she said i will end up topping up with insulin on the evening but so far so good.

Hahaha at least she was moving around :) She sounds like a handful already :) I'm swayed back to boy and even started looking at boys clothes.

I feel like I need to waddle haha its horrible when you dont get a choice in the matter.

Has anyone got any names lined up?? I'm going for Lucy if its a girl but because i cant find a boys name it will be a boy xxx

That sucks about the insulin. My fasting ones are still borderline and she said i will end up topping up with insulin on the evening but so far so good.

Hahaha at least she was moving around :) She sounds like a handful already :) I'm swayed back to boy and even started looking at boys clothes.

I feel like I need to waddle haha its horrible when you dont get a choice in the matter.

Has anyone got any names lined up?? I'm going for Lucy if its a girl but because i cant find a boys name it will be a boy xxx

Can't bring ourselves to talk names yet, we will probably leave it until the last minute! With our last DS we had his name as soon as we found out we were having a big as it was on our name list from the other two!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->