***September Rainbow babies 2013 - 4 boy & 5 girls born so far***

I have heard about RLT (Raspberry leaf tea) briefly but what exactly does it do? Is it safe?

Lovely bump Sannie :flower:

Thanks Dancer, relief off my mind :)

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
It helps tone the utuerus and give the mom other important nutrients so that she is more healthy for birth and so that her utuerus works more optimally for a better labor w more effective contractions and from what i've read its completly safe, no known side effects the bottle doesn't have any pregnancy warnings and I even asked lady in the health shop i got them from and she said they sell loads to pregnant ladies. :D

32 weeks - 1 RLT tab in the AM.
33 weeks - 1 RLT tab in the AM, 1 in the PM.
34 weeks - 2 RLT in the AM, 1 in the PM
35 weeks - 2 RLT in the AM, 2 in the PM
36 weeks - 3 RLT in the AM, 2 in the PM
37 weeks - Birth 3 RLT in the AM, 3 in the PM
(that's how am taking them- in tablet form)

Sannie lovely bump :D

Is that just on the day you turn 32 weeks and such or is it every day? Also do you take them all at once or spread them out throughout the day? I am at the Doctors later so I might ask him about it, I'm not sure if I would feel comfortable just taking it or asking in the health shops. I wonder if he can prescribe them too, free that way :D

It's not that expensive mine cost me like £3 for a bottle of 100. And that's every day during that week. So i am currently on one a day next week two a day. When it says 2 am and 2 pm (i will take the am two together, and the pm two together)

How is everyone dealing with the heat? :wacko:
My electric bill will be thru the roof sitting infront of this fan all day lol

I forgot to ask the Doctor in the end :dohh: I was too excited about being given some relief for my heartburn :haha: I will ask the midwife tomorrow as I have a consultant and scan. £3 isn't so bad, I will see what the midwife says, I presume it is safe when on aspirin and innohep? Sorry about all the questions MTC, thank you for answering them :flower: It won't hurt if I take it a little later will it as I am 32+1 now.

Sannie - this heat is no fun, I love it but I hate it :haha: I too have my fan on all day when I am in. I worked out it costs about 3p a day roughly so it isn't much as I was worried too :haha:

How is everyone dealing with the heat? :wacko:
My electric bill will be thru the roof sitting infront of this fan all day lol

It's far too hot for my liking! Although on the plus side I haven't used my tumble dryer in 2 weeks so hopefully my electric bill will go down!

My fan in on all night, im just having to get on with it in the day as i've been running around after chloe.

I would think it's safe to take, it's all natural, it just helps strength uterus for more efficient contractions in the 2nd stage of labor. And no it wont hurt if it is a little late, but they say the longer you are on for the better.

Thanks MTC :flower: I might give it a go after speaking to the midwife tomorrow. Will have to go get some too, where did you get yours from, Holland and Barrett or similar?

Holland and Barrett - they were £3.00 something. they are on offer atm, so get as soon as you.

Make sure it's rasberry leaf tea or rasberry leaf capsules. Not just rasberry tea. It's has to be the leaf to do the job

Just had a browse on their website, are those the right ones?

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=191&prodid=323

Brilliant, thank you MTC for your help on that :flower: I asked the midwife today and she said don't start it until 36 weeks as it can bring on early labour. She also told me to take one a day and that I can have the tea if I want too as well. Think I will skip the tea and just have the capsules.

Had a scan today, she is doing well, very big now!! Weighing an approx 4lb. We managed to see her hand, it has grown so much, definitely got some fat growing on her which is good. She was doing the rock on thing with her hand :haha: We had a little sneak peak at her eyes/nose/mouth until she covered them over with her hands bless her :cloud9: I can confirm she is kicking my cervix, her feet are resting on it. Ouchie! She is now transverse from breech so she is getting there :D

Hope everyone else is doing good :flower:

Brilliant, thank you MTC for your help on that :flower: I asked the midwife today and she said don't start it until 36 weeks as it can bring on early labour. She also told me to take one a day and that I can have the tea if I want too as well. Think I will skip the tea and just have the capsules.

Had a scan today, she is doing well, very big now!! Weighing an approx 4lb. We managed to see her hand, it has grown so much, definitely got some fat growing on her which is good. She was doing the rock on thing with her hand :haha: We had a little sneak peak at her eyes/nose/mouth until she covered them over with her hands bless her :cloud9: I can confirm she is kicking my cervix, her feet are resting on it. Ouchie! She is now transverse from breech so she is getting there :D

Glad everything is going well . As you say she is on her way to getting into the right position and she still has another couple of weeks or so before she runs out of space to move !

My second was transverse for a while, but went back to breach. I have a biconuate womb and this is why she was breach as they run out of space sooner .

Although this wasn't picked up until I had the section with her. Apparently breach is a common thing with my womb, but my third was head down and so is this one

Saw midwife today and she confirmed still head down and probably unlikely to move from that position /

Although as she is all on the right hand side, my tummy is a funny lopsided shape, even more so when I have a BH!

Hiya ladies

lovely bump pics because you all have lovely bumps.

I started on the RLT capsules. My consultant told me to take them with DS but i never did so giving them a shot this time but they are huge and i wasnt keen on drinking it.

i live at work Lisa so no point in taking anymore time off. Might aswell get back to normal asap. I took 8 weeks off with DS but got maternity pay. I'm self employed this time so wont get paid.

Nice to know all the babies are getting ready to meet us.
My new insulin seems to be doing the trick although I am on double the dose they started me on already. I was supposed to have a consultant appointment in the morning but had to cancel as DS has chicken pox finally and i have no one to look after him.

Loving this weather though. xxx

Hiya ladies

lovely bump pics because you all have lovely bumps.

I started on the RLT capsules. My consultant told me to take them with DS but i never did so giving them a shot this time but they are huge and i wasnt keen on drinking it.

i live at work Lisa so no point in taking anymore time off. Might aswell get back to normal asap. I took 8 weeks off with DS but got maternity pay. I'm self employed this time so wont get paid.

Nice to know all the babies are getting ready to meet us.
My new insulin seems to be doing the trick although I am on double the dose they started me on already. I was supposed to have a consultant appointment in the morning but had to cancel as DS has chicken pox finally and i have no one to look after him.

Loving this weather though. xxx

Sorry DS has chicken pox, must be so uncomfortable in his weather.

I take it you are ok in the fact that you had chicken pox when you were younger?

If you are self employed I suppose that isn't so bad as working for someone else and having to go and sit in an office.

We have our own lettings business and I'm the one who pays all the landlords and contractors so I will be doing that pretty much straight away.

DH put go to my pc on our laptop so I could access the office computer from home!

Glad insulin is working, my sugars are fairly steady at the moment and haven't had to increase my dosage in over a week.

I love the nice weather but don't like be heat. Even when not pg I'm not one for sitting in sun in hot temps!

Glad everything is going well . As you say she is on her way to getting into the right position and she still has another couple of weeks or so before she runs out of space to move !

My second was transverse for a while, but went back to breach. I have a biconuate womb and this is why she was breach as they run out of space sooner .

Although this wasn't picked up until I had the section with her. Apparently breach is a common thing with my womb, but my third was head down and so is this one

Saw midwife today and she confirmed still head down and probably unlikely to move from that position /

Although as she is all on the right hand side, my tummy is a funny lopsided shape, even more so when I have a BH!

I am relieved and happy she is on her way to being head down, pleased there is a good few weeks left for her to do this too. I know she might end up being breech or in other positions but surely she will go head down when she is ready :) :flower: Just going to keep bouncing on my ball and weirdly sticking my bum in the air and laying flat forward iygwim? :haha:

Really pleased your little one is head down and chances are they won't move now, that is good news :D :happydance: My tummy is a funny lopsided shape too, when I push/
pull myself up you can see my abs stick right out, that is crazily weird :wacko:

Mwaah - Sorry to hear about your DS, hope he feels better soon. Poor little fella :hugs:

Zebra2023 - i was told it was okay from 32 weeks and doesn't bring on labour just helps in labour :dohh: the amount of different information is crazy. Glad scan went well, i hope baby turns from transverse soon.

dancareoi Glad baby is head down for you :D I think this little one is still head down, and it wouldn't shock me if baby wasn't still engaged because my bump is so low.

mwaah glad insulin seems to be doing the trick :D Sorry to hear about Ds and the chicken pox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->