September Snugglers 2016

My nesting with dd was... baking a hell of lot of cakes!! Haha. There was abit of cleaning but I had severe spd hips were constantly cracking not to mention dd had engaged a lot.

I haven't really nested this time round. I've been unbelievably lazy with everything.

I never nested with my last 3, they where all boys. Wondering why this time. I was literally wreaking myself. But hey loving the results of my house. Even my partner is nesting hes sanding and painting doors at the mo. And he power washed everything outside other day.

My nesting just involves the washing machine.

If MrMoo is nesting, it's certainly not on this house!

Does cleaning out my inbox count? I've been worrying about finding important emails/addresses after bubs arrives. I've been washing clothes gradually for a few weeks now, but never have a desire to do laundry.

Mari, you look great! I can never figure out how to take a bump mirror selfie without covering my own face lol But you look wonderful, and you bump is impressive! Just so perfectly shaped.

Uni, thank you so much. You are so sweet:) I am not so good with the mirror selfie too. I think I had to take like 10pics to get one that looked 1/2 decent.

Hopie - I was so shocked baby is close to 10lbs now. My csection is booked for Sept 2@ 7am. I am a bit nervous but know it's the right decision.

My nesting just involves the washing machine.

If MrMoo is nesting, it's certainly not on this house!
I cant leave washing. I am actually suffering from withdrawals and have nothing left to wash. The smell of the fab conditioner is like cocaine to me. Had this in last pregnancies.

Hopie - I was so shocked baby is close to 10lbs now. My csection is booked for Sept 2@ 7am. I am a bit nervous but know it's the right decision.
because baby is 10lbs? you only get c section if you are in trouble here. One mine was 9lbs. And they tell you the machines are not accurate for weight. I think this ones lighter than the rest I dont look or feel as big.

Dragon- it's not just because he is 10lbs. I've had 2 previous big babies. My DD was 9lbs11oz amd DS1 was 9lb7oz. I got 4th degree tears and permanent damage from it. This baby is measuring bigger than any of my other babies. Also my DD who was 9lb11oz had a big head and I could not push her out. She was pulled out my forceps and it was very traumatic. But she was born at 41+1 at that weight. This baby is this weight at 37 weeks. So I think it best not attempt the vaginal delivery as he will only gain more weight in the next 2 weeks.

Mari, a close friend of mine not that long ago had to have a planned section, due to placenta previa and she said it was so lovely. She really made it sound like a wonderful experience compared to her first birth which was vaginal. I hope you have a great experience with it too! I can only imagine the relief you feel to have a plan in place and not have to worry about a repeat of previous problems.

So, I woke up this morning, first with what felt like a foot in the ribs which wasn't so bad. But then down low I got the worst cramp just on the right side. Felt almost like a bad period cramp and lasted for over an hour! Only explanation I could come up with is that it was the baby's head pressing on me. I drank a bunch of water and put a warm pad on the spot and lay back down for 45 minutes and I think from the heat it finally stopped hurting. But wow. I've been nervous the baby wouldn't turn, but I think really I was spoiled that she wasn't head down. All of you who have been complaining, now I get it! It's really so much more uncomfortable once they turn head down o_O

I have another scan on Monday so I can confirm position, but I'm pretty sure she's settling in. My doula recommended not reclining back on the couch, basically to sit up straight all the time to keep her from having the room to turn back to breech. Not the easiest thing to do when all I want is to lounge around!

Regarding male nesting, my DH seems to be nesting by trying to earn all the money. On one hand I appreciate that, on the other it would be nice to have more help with certain things I just can't really do on my own, but he's working nearly all the time now and exhausted when he's home. Me on the other hand, I do wish I was always this motivated to keep the house clean :laundry:

Xan, it's funny about the emails. I can really relate to that. I have this idea that I need to get my laptop all set up to bring to the hospital with me so I can check in with work during the few days I'll be in-patient. Like I'm going to even look at it! lol But part of me is convinced I'll be responding to work emails while in labor haha I know I'm being ridiculous but I'll still be bringing the laptop :haha:

My nesting instincts have ended already. All I did was wash clothes and cleanup my kitchen that's about it. But, I do feel energetic from timw to time but, just don't wanna move.

Uni- I know what you mean. Yesterday when I was having contractions I was convinced that everything was going to go down in flames without me and had a mini-panic about work. DH is panicking about work too, so I don't know if he's catching it from me or vice-versa.

I hope things happen organically- I don't want to feel pressured to work, or frustrated that I can't. I guess we'll see, it's hard to know when it's all so foreign.

Yes, just trust baby is going to arrive at perfect timing and all will go well with work.
Sweety- me too -- I have zero energy to move!! Would be happy sleeping the next 2 weeks away..problem is I can never sleep!
OH seems to have the nesting thing going on in a major way.. it is hilarious some of the things he is doing. My friend's hubby painted the garage floor and crazy things that didnt need to be done the last couple weeks!

Xan lol I'm sure they'll manage without us, but it's kind of reassuring to know you feel the same way. I think, when I'm actually in labor, I'm going to have DH hide the electronics away so I'm not tempted. They say they'll keep me at least two days, so I bet I probably will have a look at my emails at some point. I should probably just be more realistic and set an "out of office" auto reply =P

Sweety, one should not underestimate the importance of a clean kitchen and being caught up on the laundry! That's huge! Those were the first things I worked on as well. I'm starting to get to a list of things I know need to be done but I'm not as motivated for.

Hopie, glad to hear you're husband is getting into the spirit of things :) What kind of stuff is he doing?

Absolutely keep on top of the laundry now! :) You may find it'll soon pile up afterwards!

MrMoos nesting is on his bloody rental house, not this one! He did actually remember to bring the loft ladders back so we can go and get the breast pump, baby bath and feeding pillow from the top of the house, which is something, I guess!

Well, I've been losing bits of my plug and going to the bathroom ~2x a day. Then yesterday I went 4x with some diarrhea in the afternoon (see pregnancy is sexy section). Bubs is definitely riding lower- even DH noticed! I'm hoping my body is preparing for delivery so Thursday is not bad when they induce me. Then again, if he wants to come early, that's fine too!

I have to find a way to get more magnesium. I was told to stop taking the aspirin, but it scares me with past clotting issues. So I stopped taking my prenatal so I won't get too much iron, which has made the leg cramps intolerable. Last night I woke up screaming and DH jumped out of bed. Other than that, I slept pretty well :blush: Sorry DH!

Well, I've been losing bits of my plug and going to the bathroom ~2x a day. Then yesterday I went 4x with some diarrhea in the afternoon (see pregnancy is sexy section). Bubs is definitely riding lower- even DH noticed! I'm hoping my body is preparing for delivery so Thursday is not bad when they induce me. Then again, if he wants to come early, that's fine too!

I have to find a way to get more magnesium. I was told to stop taking the aspirin, but it scares me with past clotting issues. So I stopped taking my prenatal so I won't get too much iron, which has made the leg cramps intolerable. Last night I woke up screaming and DH jumped out of bed. Other than that, I slept pretty well :blush: Sorry DH!

its definitely sounding like labour is right around the corner for you lovely. body is clearing out nicely and fab baby dropping same time.

Banana's!!! I have banana on toast in the morning every morning and I swear its what has kept my leg cramps at bay. my mate is prego too and shes been eating a banana every morning she said her leg cramps have stopped but shes suffering from restless leg now lol cant win. how come you were told to stop with the asprin? if its the v.low dose I don't see how that be problem.

so week 37ish for me and starting to have pressure in the bum now and again. think the body is starting to do its thing by clearing out and sure bub has dropped more as I feel so heavy down there and feeling every twist hes doing. really hope he doesn't decide to be too late now haha.

Xan- so awesome! Sure sounds like baby and body getting ready naturally now for labor to start pretty soon!
Ciz- great you are having some signs too.

Mum- sorry dh is focusing more on rental house than you would like. Maybe this next week he will focus more there if you ask hi?
Uni- it is really cute how Oh is acting. Clearing out everything old in our apartment in city..it felt great. At house he is doing so much work too and I do nothing. I don't feel guilty though! I'm washing the baby clothes, finally ordering the crib, and organizing all my old papers which feels great to get rid of!

So I went to Target to pick up my free baby bag (with registry). There was some great stuff in it! Then I was bad..they didn't ask my name or anything so we passed another Target and I went to pick up another! :) Also might pay the fee for Amazon Prime, and then they send you a baby box too. I remember Amantila mentioned the Amazon registry early on. Does anyone think a Prime member is worth it for price of diapers, etc?

Also $35 in free breast pads from breastpads.com. Promo code is FIT26BP. And free baby box sent to your house from Sam's Club - you dont have to be a member!
As you can tell.. am having fun finding baby freebies this week. :)

Ergh, need to vent a little. I was talking about a couple of meetings that I have in late October, when we're planning on getting a nanny a couple of days a week. All of a sudden DH got this far away look and said "How is this going to work?".

For the past few weeks he's been commenting that he's only going to take the first 2 weeks off and then go back to work part-time. I said maybe you can leave it open (he's really bad at dividing his time) and he threw a temper tantrum! And now he's asking how I'm going to make it work to go back to work for 2 days in late October? We both have flexible jobs, why is it that I'm the one who has to make all of the sacrifices?

How can smart, modern men still be such cavemen sometimes?

So focus is now on me, not the house, yes Hopie ;)
My waters broke at approx 12.30 this afternoon, 45 mins before my Midwife appointment. I still went, she was astonished and shouted "well what the hell are you doing here!?" in a jokey way. She checked my BP, which was OK, baby sounded happy on the doppler so rang the hospital who have booked an induction time for 4pm tomorrow just in case things don't happen on their own. Currently lying on the bed letting MrMoo deal with Sophie so I can keep track of the cramps that I'm getting.

Xan - I've been for #2 four times today - that in itself made me wonder if the old body was preparing, and then within about 10 minutes of mentioning it to mum....... POP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->