• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

September Stars

hi milly, from what i remember the first appointment takes about 20 mins, where she will ask you questions about your health and family history, take your bp, give you papers for your blood work and book your first scan! for extra brownie points take a urine sample with you! :winkwink:
Just out of interest, have you any symptoms yet? im only 4+1 weeks but dont really have anything yet! im praying for ms and sore boobs!! :blush:

Hi everyone.

Hope you're all well. I'm sooo tired and feeling sick more often. Yuk.

Millybum, I'm in Scotland too, but I've been told by my GP I won't see anyone till 12-13 weeks. Everyone I've spoken to says this doesn't really sound right. I'm so confused!

Hello ladies....brief respite in between hecticness at poshies house!

My 1st mw appt (at 9 weeks) with my boy took about 45 mins and she took a brief medical history, blood (4 tubes worth) filled in some of the green pg forms, answered any questions, talked about prenatal care, leaflets, boomed scan. I think it was the longest appt of all the appts.

Second pg, you don't get so many checks....think it's 7 appts instead of 10, unless you are a high risk pregnancy.

Gotta dash, catch you again later or tomorrow ;) x

Hi all, another September Star joining :winkwink:.

Quick bit about me, 37 and expecting number 2. This is my 5th pregnancy, 3MCs then my DS. I was a bit reluctant to post so early but I'm way too excited!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

Due 12th September all being well. Am I mad? I was thinking of holding off 1-2 weeks before going to my GP. Psychological thing, I'm thinking if I leave it for 2 weeks it'll be another week on top of that for my booking in appointment which here (NI) normally includes a quick scan. That way bubs will be about 8 weeks and if all good I'll only have about 4-5 weeks on top of that until the first big scan. Silly lol?

Sending sticky bean dust to everybody, hope we all have a happy and healthy 8 months ahead xoxo

Congrats to the new ladies joining us! It's strange how much variation there is from place to place (and dr to dr) on when your first appointment is. My situation's a little different, because I am being monitored by a RE so I will have beta bloods done a few times a week until 6-7 wks when they can do a scan.

It's good to have the monitoring but also very nerve wracking....I go in tomorrow at 7:30 am for beta #2 and then have to wait until the afternoon (and somehow focus at work!) to find out the levels...just praying for strong doubling #s.....all I can think about right now is hcg levels! I even took another test yesterday morning to make sure it was as dark or darker, but I forced myself not to do it again today! I'm trying to figure out how to stay as calm and relaxed as possible (not my strong suit lol)!!

On a side note, we told parents and siblings but no extended family, and were at a grad party with all his aunts, uncles, and cousins last night - it was so hard not to slip! I kept feeling like people were looking at me funny and somehow knew lol!

hey nicmar...im with you on the stressing about hcg!!! i had my levels checked Fri & number was fine, getting tested again Tues & just praying that my numbers have increased.....i took another test today to check it was still dark so you are not alone xx

Congrats to everyone! :happydance:

I've been ridiculously exhausted for the past three or four days. I guess that's a good sign? It's making my job really difficult though (I'm a daycare provider).

I don't have my first appointment until the 31st - this is going to be the longest 3 weeks of my life, lol!

Hi juicyjen,

At 4 weeks, my only symptoms were missed period and tender breasts. But I always get tender breasts leading to period, so this wasn't unusual.
The last 2 days I've been feeling quite off all day. Queasy and horrible. Been lying down when I can, hot cup of tea and a hug from DH sorts me out!
Breasts on and off tender. They come and got. DH quite likes the fact they are getting heavier - dirty boi! ha ha!

How are you today? Hope you're keeping ok.
Don't worry about lack of symptoms. If you end up feeling pretty pants like I have the last couple of days, you'll be wishing for less symptoms again!

Milly xx

hi milly, from what i remember the first appointment takes about 20 mins, where she will ask you questions about your health and family history, take your bp, give you papers for your blood work and book your first scan! for extra brownie points take a urine sample with you! :winkwink:
Just out of interest, have you any symptoms yet? im only 4+1 weeks but dont really have anything yet! im praying for ms and sore boobs!! :blush:

Hi everyone. I'm 25 and expecting my 1st. Also 1st month TTC so a bit shocked it happened so fast. 3 + on HPT waiting for my blood results tomorrow. EDD of Sep 18th 2012 :)

Hi juicyjen,

At 4 weeks, my only symptoms were missed period and tender breasts. But I always get tender breasts leading to period, so this wasn't unusual.
The last 2 days I've been feeling quite off all day. Queasy and horrible. Been lying down when I can, hot cup of tea and a hug from DH sorts me out!
Breasts on and off tender. They come and got. DH quite likes the fact they are getting heavier - dirty boi! ha ha!

How are you today? Hope you're keeping ok.
Don't worry about lack of symptoms. If you end up feeling pretty pants like I have the last couple of days, you'll be wishing for less symptoms again!

Milly xx

thanx milly!
really trying to stay positive but finding it so hard! but been quite busy today so keeping my mind of stressing! i think its when im home alone i start to dwell on things!! sorry to hear your not feeling well, but thats a really good sign! ive read that 6 wks is when symptoms start kicking in so i have a couple of weeks yet, my bbs are feeling quite heavy too and also :blush: have a touch of thrush i think, which ive looked up and can also be an early symptom! lucky me eh??
thanx for helping keep me sane! hope you start to feel better soon (but not too much!)
jen. x x x

Hi Ladies, Mind if I join you all??

I'm Nikki, i am 26 and this is my second baby. I am due 6th september going by the online calculator. Only found out yesterday so need to book an app to see my gp. Was a huge shock as my little boy is only 3 months old!!!! But we are very happy and excited for them to be so close, even though it will be hard work!!

xxx

Welcome NikkiLisa and congratulations. Blimey, you didn't waste any time with no. 2! You really will have your work cut out won't you ;)

Hello September Stars :)

How are we all on this Monday morning?

I had a lovely but busy weekend with visitors but all is quiet (ish) again now.

Pregnancy wise, there are times I forget I'm pg. Going to the gp at 5.00pm today to register my pregnancy. I will then expect to get a call from my midwife (I wonder if she'll be the same one as I had with my boy?) soon after. The first mw appt was at home with my boy, so I'm assuming the same this time.

I am eating like a pig atm...trouble is it's all backing up and I can't go to the loo! Lovely. Other than that (which was a big symptom for me my last pg) I feel ok. Having said that, I didn't get any other symptoms last time til past 7 weeks so it's early days.

hi poshie!
glad to see its not just me without any symptoms! starting to feel nervous but think it was after 6 wks with my DD that i started getting ms too (its been 10 years so can hardly remember anything!)
good luck with your appointment this afternoon! x x

morning...all good here for now...made the mistake of not wearing a bra after id had a bath last night & wont be making that mistake again....BLOODY HELL OUCH!!!! so i guess thats a symptom......
im approaching the time i usually MC so im a bag of nerves atm..getting 2nd bloods done tomorrow so hopefully they will have doubled & i can try to chill until scan....
hope everyone has a lovely day :flower: xxx

Hey mb. Yes I was thinking it must be a nervous time for you. Fx for a good blood result tomorrow for you :hugs:

Yes Jen, I know what you mean about it being hard to remember and my 1st was only 18 months ago!

Lol I will indeed but all will be worth it, they will be so close and grow up best friends. :)

I don't even feel pregnant, the only symptoms i have had is tiredness and extreme hunger.....dreading the ms to start again :( xxx

Hi All! I'd like to join please. I'm 29, been married 2 yrs to my awesome husband. I'm on my 2nd preg but 1st child b/c of EMC W/ #1. As of approx 16 DPO, my HCG was at 127. Not great. Going for 2nd serum test this Weds & I can't wait to find out the results. I had much cramping the first week but now it's subsided. No spotting aside from what I know was the implant before AF was due. I have horribly sore bbs & they're HUGE. Otherwise, I have a terrible migraine going on 2 days now:(

Hi all, may i join pls?

I'll turn 34 in a month and am 5 weeks 3 days pregnant. We've been married for two years and we had two chemical pregnancies last year. I've had hashimoto thyroiditis for years (very well under control) and have been diagnosed with mild pcos last year after the chemical pregnancies. We conceived this time on metformin so hoping this one is strong and will stick. My lines were much darker this time around and my beta test results were good. We had an early scan at 5 weeks showing the gs and the yolk sac. Dr says all looks great and i should come back in two weeks. I don't have any symptoms except the occasional sore boobs and tiredness. Because of our history we are cautious on celebrating too early but we also feel this time things look much better. Keeping positive! :)

Hi Ladies, Mind if I join you all??

I'm Nikki, i am 26 and this is my second baby. I am due 6th september going by the online calculator. Only found out yesterday so need to book an app to see my gp. Was a huge shock as my little boy is only 3 months old!!!! But we are very happy and excited for them to be so close, even though it will be hard work!!

xxx

Dylan's a September baby also, correct!!? :flow:

Yayyy ladies, I think September's a great month to be due as it's right before the holidays but not so close their bday will land on one!! My daughter was due between Sept. 25th and Oct. 1st, had her the 30th! I don't know if I was properly 5 days late or 1 day early... :dohh:

Congrats have h&h 9 months!

Hi! Mind if I join?
I'm due Sept 6th with my second. We had a very hard time conceiving #1 (almost 2 years), but #2 came with in 6 mo of going off BC. DH and I have been together 13 year and are pretty excited. Although now that my "all day" morning sickness has set in I'm not as excited. These days I either feel like I'm STARVING or nauseous! I also started eating anything sour, putting pickles on my pizza and dumping gallons of lemon juice on EVERYTHING!:wacko:

I have my first ultrasound Fri. Jan 13th....trying not to be superstitious about it! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->