September Stars

Hey Vixxen, so sorry your LO is so unwell. Hope the op goes well.

My little girl was born on 27 Aug. She was 6 lb 6 too but is a wee bf superstar (all credit to her) so is well past 8 lb now.

Sorry to hear your update Vixxen. Hope she gets better soon.

My LO Amelie was born by emcs at 39+3 weighing 6lb 12oz. I'm finally using the computer rather than my phone so I can post a picture. Everything I've taken since we've been home is still on the camera, but this was taken when she was 1 day old.

I have to admit I'm really struggling at the moment. Breastfeeding was going well, and we were starting to get into a feeding pattern. Then out of nowhere she vomited and was howling in pain Friday night so we took her to the out of hours GP service, who referred us to paediatrics in the hospital. After examining her they decided to admit her overnight for observation. The Dr's then decided to keep her in for the day Saturday because she wasn't feeding properly, but we were discharged 5:30pm Saturday evening. They couldn't find anything obviously wrong, but have diagnosed her with colic and reflux. Need to follow up with our GP to get her prescribed baby gaviscon in a few days as apparently she isn't old enough yet and in the meantime we are giving her Infacol to try and help with the colic. I also need to switch to a dairy free diet. We've gone from having a baby that was never sick after feeds to bringing something up after every feed, now she's really fussy and not latching on properly. Going for hours without a feed because she's sleeping and is hard to rouse and then only feeding for a short time. I'm having to pump more, because all this has effected my supply and I need to try and boost it back up again. Thankfully I'm still under the care of my excellent midwife who is really helpful, and she visited this morning having been notified of our hospital stay.

Sorry for the whinge ladies. I know these are minor bumps in the road and I'm still very fortunate, I'm just exhausted and overwhelmed!

Attachments

• P1010161.jpg
    P1010161.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 3
Hello everyone! Just wanted to let you know that my bump turned BLUE :)!!

Our son Luca Matthew was born 9-24-12 at 3:52 pm after 12 hours of back labor. He weighed 8 lbs 10 oz and is 20.5" long!! can't believe I did it! He is so amazing:cloud9:!!! I will post a picture soon.

We're working on getting breastfeeding going because he is pretty sleepy at the moment. Since he was a big boy they have to monitor his sugar (even though i didnt have GD) but it looks great!

Hope she is strong and able to go home soon vixxen, and big hugs to u!

NicMar, big CONGRATULATIONS to you! Can't wait to see pics.

Vixxen, I'm praying that your LO's operation goes perfectly. Please keep us updated. :hugs:

Ah Cookies, sorry to hear you're having problems. Our wee one has been colicky in the evening and I completely sympathise, there is nothing as stressful as a baby who cries no matter what you do to try and comfort it. Lucy is also quite sicky and I'm thinking about going dairy-free to see if it helps. I'm also going to try Colief as well as Infacol to see if it helps. A few of my buddies swear by colief as its an enzyme that helps babies digest the milk.

Hey ladies. I feel for you Cookies :hugs: Having a new baby is hard enough even without other issues to contend with. Lois was neatly readmitted to hospital on day 5 as lost 500g in weight. It was very stressful at that time. You will get through it, i promise, even if it doesn't feel like it right now. I've found this time around to be much harder than my 'text book' pregnancy and birth of my son.

Has anyone else been offered counselling after a traumatic birth? I'm trying to decide whether to take it or not.

I have been wondering if Lois might be a bit colicky, but its not every day. She squirm s and strains when i lay her down to sleep quite often, but doesn't always cry.

:hug: to all

I haven't been offered counselling, my midwife is going to go through the timeline of events to help me understand why the decisions were made. I can then have an appointment with a consultant at the hospital if I want for a more indepth followup. I'm not sure if I would take up counselling if it was offered because I'm not sure I would get any benefit right now. I would have just afterward, but I think I've come quite far in the last 2 weeks in dealing with it. I can now sometimes talk about Amelie's delivery without bursting into tears for example, whereas in the first week I couldn't even think about it without tears. But I've read your birth story Poshie, and mine wasn't as traumatic as yours. It depends on how you feel about it I guess and whether talking about it will help you accept and come to terms with it.

We've had a better few days here thank goodness. The colic hasn't been so bad, but the reflux is getting worse. The health visitor wad due to visit today and i was hoping to chat to her about it and find out the best way to get it followed up, but she has cancelled.

How is everyone else getting on? I wonder if Jen has had her baby yet.

In slow labour at the minute, only 2cm but he's back to back so thats why im in so much pain, gotta get on all 4s to get him to move then things should progress quickly :)

aww charlotte i hope LO moves for you Libby was back to back and they never noticed till her head was seen :(

HI Girls.
I'm just updating you about Charlottee.
Jenson Paul James O'Sullivan was born at 2.25am on the 27th September. He is.currently in NICU very poorly. We won't know how seriously ill he is for a few days. Please cross your fingers for our little man xxxxxxxx

:hugs::hugs:

Thanks for the update. Charlotee, I'm so sorry to hear that your LO isn't doing well - I hope that everything turns out ok. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Charlotte has posted in her journal with some Pics of Jenson if anyone wants to pop by and send their love and prayers xxx

Thinking of you Charlotte and praying for your beautiful boy!

thoughts with you charlotte glad things been little more positive and really hope it keeps gonig in that diretion x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->