September Stars

Seeing Smile's pic made me realize that I never posted one. Here's my little Christopher!

https://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/fbjewels/BabyAirGuitar.jpg

lovely picture and looks like he is giving a rock and roll sign with his hand lol :p

I haven't been on here for months. I'm officially rubbish.

I just wanted to say congrats on all of your gorgeous babies.

I'm still waiting, but sure I am going to go over, so v jealous of you all. I have an induction date of 40+10 so the end is in sight tho xxx

Hope its soon for you, Carhar!!

How is everyone? How are all the babies? Who's still waiting?

I'm still waiting, hoping something is happening though, woke up this morning after a rough nights sleep with bounds of energy, have no idea where it has come from but the house has been cleaned and I've baked a flapjack!!! I can't cook - I never cook!!!

Getting bad cramps and back ache now, really hope this is the start xxx

I heard of people getting random bursts of energy before labour starts. Hope it's the beginnings of things for you. For everyone else waiting I hope you're feeling okay and these baby's don't keep you waiting much longer.

Congratulations Smile!

AFM - Amelie and I were discharged yesterday. She has a clean bill of health, I'm having to take some heavy duty antibiotics for another week. I hope to share my that was it at some point soon, but I need time to process and recover and I will probably wait until everyone here has had their babies. So far loving parenthood, even of neither myself nor my DH got any sleep last night!

I'm also still waiting....hoping I've made some progress at my appointment tomorrow...should be getting my first internal.

The waiting is killing me!

TT - have you cracked nights yet? Amelie won't sleep in her noses basket at all and will only go to sleep whilst being held. We can occasionally transfer her to her carrycot without waking her up, but not often. My DH did the night shift last night, looks like it's my turn tonight! I got a couple of hours earlier and I've just sent him to bed. She's sleeping on me having just had a feed.

Ah nights haven't been too bad since we discovered that Lucy loves her pram, and we've also swaddled her. Not swaddled too tight but enough that she feels secure.

So now she feeds every 3-4 hours and has started telling us when she is hungry (before we were waking her to feed and that unsettled her lots). And in between feeds she sleeps in her pram.

I usually wait till she's fast asleep before I put her in her pram but if she wakes up again I often just have to push it for a few minutes and she's fast asleep again.

I don't think babies learn to self-settle till they are older so its ok to put them down after they're asleep at this stage.

We have had a few crazy evenings though where she cries and cries. We avoided that last night by doing everything around going to bed differently and that worked. So instead of being on a 3, 6, 9 timing we're now on 7.30, 10.30, 1.30... Feels more civilised at the moment!

The coldness of the bed could be waking Amelia up so you could warm it first with a hot water bottle. Or if she need your smell to sleep you could use a blanket that smells of you.

Thank you for your advice. In the middle of the night last night I was sat on the side of my bed with my head in my hands wondering why anyone decides to do this!

I've been thinking of giving swaddling a go. We tried the warmth thing last night, we tried putting something of my husband's in here which didn't work, but didn't try anything of mine. I think I will continue to try the Carrycot in her pram though. I did try earlier and she stirred and didn't resettle. Although I'm not surprised at that one so much as she didn't seem very settled whilst she was asleep on me beforehand.

Sometimes Lucy just doesn't settle. I think it's really hard being a newborn! You've only just learned to breathe and eat, everything is much brighter a d noisier... It must be quite scary just being awake!

If Lucy doesn't settle in her pram I just let her sleep on me in bed. That way we both get some sleep!

It's funny giving advice for something you've only been doing for 2 and a half weeks! I've basically found the best thing to do is whatever works for you!

40 weeks tomorrow and no sign of this one wanting to come out yet.
Guess it's just far to comfy in there! Taking it one day at a time, he/she can't stay in there forever lol!

Hey ladies. Many congratulations to all who have had their babies! Hope those left don't have long to wait ;) I have been sooo busy, I haven't had the chance to do a proper catch up and have only just posted in my journal. For anyone who is interested, I have posted my birth story (&pics) in my parenting journal (link is in my sig below). I will endeavour to get back into this thread in more detail as soon as I can. Best of luck to all the new mums x

Hey Poshie, good to hear from you, glad all's well. I'm not surprised you're busy - you've got two wee ones to look after! Take care x

hey everyone, shadow your little guy is adorable, he looks so tiny!
well, im now 3 days overdue and well and truly fed up! :growlmad: no signs at all of baby making an appearance. Had a sweep on my due date (weds) midwife told me nothing is happening down there yet :blush: and is coming to have another go on tuesday and has said she will book me in for induction for the following mon (26th) so at least the end is insight, even though it feels ages away! think this baby is going to be huge by the time it makes an appearance!
glad to hear all our new moms are doing well. how are you smile? my due date buddy, you have beat me by about 3 weeks!!

Lovely to hear from you Poshie, sorry your birth story was traumatic. Will you get a followup appointment with the hospital to discuss it?

Hope the waiting passes quickly for you Darkest and Jen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->