September Sweet Peas- Join Here

I am basically on bedrest til I deliver. They usually worry anything under 2.5cm. Mine was at 1cm. It means my cervix is weak. Hopefully keeping weight off + protest suppositories (strengthen cervix) buys us more time, maybe even to full term. At this point they think the risks associated with a stitch outweigh possible benefits. So I lay and pray now.

Oh god, best of luck Calypso- just take it easy and do as they say hun :hugs:

We're all thinking of you x

Thanks, knowing people are thinking about us/praying really helps.

Take it easy Calypso, lots of hugs and positive thoughts your way xx

omg...hope you're ok....what the the side effects of having a weak cervix are you in pain? thinking of you xx

Off topic-has anyone just got "one of those friends" gets me down - feel like ive put in much more effort than she would ever put into me.

No, I don't feel any different (other than nerves and back pain from laying down so long). That's part of what freaks me out, I have no idea what's going on since I can't feel anything out of norm.

And on the friend, I feel like that a lot of the time. I don't have very good friends I guess.

i dont know what i would do if they put me on bedrest, they did last time at the end for pre-eclampsia, but this time i have got a very active, boisterous 2.5 year old to run around after there is no way i could stay on bed rest unless i had someone here with me all the time

calypso - Fingers crossed for ya hun, hopefully lots of bed rest will keep baby in there until fully cooked!

First.timer - Most of my friends disapeared when I fell pregnant with my first. I couldn't go out and get drunk every weekend anymore and so I wasn't any 'fun'. I think a couple of them were jealous too. I'm not bothered though, we just aren't on the same page anymore my life is about my kids and theirs is about partying. Funny how now one of them is preggers she now wants to be friends again, now that is annoying! x

just got back from my first consultants appointment....ive got to go for a VBAC rather than an elective c-section. She said the risks are much less, the recovery much better, and there is evidence i can progress well in labour.

ive to go to hospital as soon as my contractions start and be given epidural as soon as possible. if any complications i will be straight in for a c-section. i wont be induced either so if i go overdue and sweeps dont work it will be another c-section.

also got growth scans at 28 and 34 weeks, so get to see bubs again :happydance: and because ive family history, ive got to have the glucose tolerance test at 28 weeks! phew!!! at least i know i will be getting seen quite a lot and they might take things a little more seriously this time!

Yeah I got glucose tt this time too as my dad is diabetic now too. Don't think I am but she wants to check. Don't like the idea if having to sit for 2 hours to wait :(

i know! i will be there all day because ive to drink the glucose thing in the morning, then during the 2 hour wait ive got to have a growth scan and see the consultant again. then got to go for the bloods doing for the gtt, then ive got to wait for an antenatal appointment or something which doesnt start until 2pm. im gonna be starving and bored :-(

ive to go to hospital as soon as my contractions start and be given epidural as soon as possible. if any complications i will be straight in for a c-section. i wont be induced either so if i go overdue and sweeps dont work it will be another c-section.

You don't have to have the epidural hun, they told me the same thing and I refused x

I want it haha!! Bugger feeling all that pain again :). Plus I don't want to have to be put to sleep again if anything went wrong, they can just top up the epidural x

firstly, calypso...sending lots of hugs and positive energy your way :cry: stay positive im sure your little girl will be fine xx

nearlythere; im not 100% on this but i know after my 1st section i opted to VBAC with my 2nd but they wont induce labour if you go over so you may have to have a section anyway, i was a bit naughty though...towards the end I was that fed up of being HUGE and pregnant.... the thought of going over and having to have a section anyway made me feel depressed and the nearer finish line of 39 weeks was too tempting!! so i asked for an elective section on the grounds i had had one previously, but I do regret my hasty decision because after 2 sections the 3rd is usually compulsory, and i will never get to experience the excitement of imminent labour and timing the contractions....and ultimately the overwhelming feeling of bringing your own child into the world.

Not that women who have to have sections should feel this way, i would more than likely have gone over and had to have a section again anyway....but i will always wonder i guess...!!

I want it haha!! Bugger feeling all that pain again :). Plus I don't want to have to be put to sleep again if anything went wrong, they can just top up the epidural x

Ah Ok, I turned it down as it can slow down progress. And seen as I only get 8 hours, I want to give it my best shot! :haha: x

firstly, calypso...sending lots of hugs and positive energy your way :cry: stay positive im sure your little girl will be fine xx

nearlythere; im not 100% on this but i know after my 1st section i opted to VBAC with my 2nd but they wont induce labour if you go over so you may have to have a section anyway, i was a bit naughty though...towards the end I was that fed up of being HUGE and pregnant.... the thought of going over and having to have a section anyway made me feel depressed and the nearer finish line of 39 weeks was too tempting!! so i asked for an elective section on the grounds i had had one previously, but I do regret my hasty decision because after 2 sections the 3rd is usually compulsory, and i will never get to experience the excitement of imminent labour and timing the contractions....and ultimately the overwhelming feeling of bringing your own child into the world.

Not that women who have to have sections should feel this way, i would more than likely have gone over and had to have a section again anyway....but i will always wonder i guess...!!

yes they said they wont induce me which i am happy about because it was horrendous last time. they said they will examine me near to my due date and see if things are "favourable" :blush: if they are they will do a stretch & sweep and try break my waters to induce me that way rather than with the medication. if its not favourable, then it will be a c-section. i know what you mean about the getting to the end and changing your mind, but i think they have really clamped down on it at my hospital and i would have a fight on my hands to get an elective c-section! i am a bit scared of going through it all again, but also excited about it at the same time!

ryliesmummy, will they only let you labour for 8 hours?? i can understand why you would not want things slowing down then. i sort of feel the opposite because my previous labour was sooooo fast and traumatic, i would like the epidural to make things a bit more relaxed. and like i say, in the case something did go wrong, which it might, the c-section would not be as scary as last time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->