September Sweet Peas- Join Here

Yeah just read your post can you tell me more about your experience? She kept going on about risk of still birth :( yeah I'm at royal surrey I've got a million apps booked already. Did you end up with a section at this stage they said ill likely be induced at 39 weeks no talk of section..... Ahhhhh tell me everything you know lol x

That's really bad that they kept going on about the risk of still birth as I have been told the risk is really low - you're more at risk if you had diabetes before pregnancy. As long as you control your sugars, you will be fine. Was it one of the midwives that told you this or the diabetes consultant?

I was induced at 39 weeks with my last pregnancy which ended in section - they won't just do a section unless baby is huge which is why they scan you every 4 weeks. This time round I am more than likely having an elective section at 39 weeks as they won't induce me again. I am also already on Metformin and Insulin.

Have a look at this thread - https://www.babyandbump.com/gestational-complications/545416-gd-support-thread.html - which is really helpful.

Have you been told to limit your main meals to 40g carbs and snacks to 10g carbs?

Not yet but I have an appointment monday to discuss all of that. Just those words fill you with dread don't they :( did you have to stay in longer for monitoring? Why did your induction end in a section with your first? It was the midwife who wouldn't stop saying about still births. I'm dreading being induced :(

Not yet but I have an appointment monday to discuss all of that. Just those words fill you with dread don't they :( did you have to stay in longer for monitoring? Why did your induction end in a section with your first? It was the midwife who wouldn't stop saying about still births. I'm dreading being induced :(

I managed to get to 10cm and started pushing but then baby was distressed and heart rate dropped so they took me into theatre and tried to get him out with ventouse but he wouldn't budge so they did a section. I had him early hours of Mon morning and was home by Wed so not too bad. They kept testing his sugars but he was fine.

Try and not worry about what the midwife said - I have been told by the consultants and diabetes nurse (Helen, who is really lovely) that there is very little harm to baby apart from risk of it growing too large. And your LO is on the 50th percentile which is perfect.

Good :) my scores weren't very high apparantly the limit is 7.8 and mine was 8.3 so its very mild its just a panick! At least I have the excitement of knowing which day I'm going to go in to hospital to have him! How far in advance did they give you your induction date? And also do you think my baby would be measuring large already if he had been affected? X

I have to go in for a second GD test on Friday. I did my 1 hour test last week and the highest level they allow without a follow-up test is 135..Well I tested 136! :( Now i have to do the three hour test! YUCK!

:( good luck. Ill tell you how it feels to be nicknamed needle fingers :( I told the fob and rather than show concern he called me edward scissor hands and now won't stop calling me eddie :( x

FML!

I just got a call that I failed the 1hr test. I have to do the 3hr Tuesday. I seriously CAN'T catch a break.

I had to do an early glucose test at 12 weeks since my mom had GD. That one was perfect. Frustrated!

:hugs: Calypso, IDK why things just can't go smoothly for you! :shrug:

3rd tri in 59 minutes :happydance:
Had my 28w appt today and everything is fine, lovely little heartbeat & I'm measuring 1 week ahead :thumbup:
Perfect

Calypso you should ground your baby as soon as she arrives :s hope you pass the second test although if you don't I can be the knowledgable diabetic as I was diagnosed a day earlier- don't worry little kittens, ill help you :) seriously though I don't know a thing about it lol- mom2ben that GD thread is really helpful I'm stuck in already - VERY comforting xx x

Calypso I'm being tortured with the 3 hour on Friday... I barely kept that nasty red drink down the first time, I don't know what makes them think I'll hold it down the second.

Calypso you should ground your baby as soon as she arrives :s hope you pass the second test although if you don't I can be the knowledgable diabetic as I was diagnosed a day earlier- don't worry little kittens, ill help you :) seriously though I don't know a thing about it lol- mom2ben that GD thread is really helpful I'm stuck in already - VERY comforting xx x

Glad to hear it's helpful! Also, I didn't get chance to answer your last post - I think I only got my induction date about a week before but I was on insulin so knew it would be at 39 weeks. I'm not sure what the Royal Surreys policy is when you are diet controlled only - they might let you go full term if baby isn't too big. As for baby's size - I think if he's average now and you manage to control your sugars them there's no reason why he's suddenly going to be huge. The only good thing about GD is you don't gain as much weight and some ladies actually lose when they find out they have it!

Yeah that's true now ill be living off LETTUCE LEAVES....! I have an appointment monday so can find out more then :s where abouts do you live again? We could be in hospital at the same time! X

:hugs: to you ladies going through the GD! But, at least they have wonderful ways of managing things for both you and your babe now a-days!

My test was great.. but my iron levels are strange.. they said iron levels in the blood are great.. but my reserves are very low! so they told me to eat more things with vitamin c as it helps with iron absorbtion. Babes is doing great though, very active and healthy.

Does anyone know what low iron reserves can mean? they didn't explain it to me at all.. I was thinking it might lead to anemia after I give birth? :shrug:

sucking his thumb <3 xx

Attachments

• Waverley-20110630-00427 (1).jpg
    Waverley-20110630-00427 (1).jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 7
We've got a name for our little mannn!! And we're not changing it... (hopefully haha) :

What do you all think of Arthur Dylan? :cloud9:

I won't be surprised if most of you aren't keen because no-one really has been when we've told them but it's the ONLY name that me and OH have completely fallen in love with and thought suits our little family perfectly... Emma, Drew, Arthur and the dogs Alfie and Milo! hehe

x x x

Love his name :D Arthur is very cute :cloud9:

we're stuck again for a name :dohh: Had our 4d scan and he's the absolute double of his big brother. He was being so stubborn but we got there finally and he's such a cutie, hard to believe he's really in my tummy :lol:

Thanks Hayley! You're the FIRST person to use the words love and cute! haha Aww is your avatar pic the one from today? If so, he definitely is the double of Alex!! I can imagine it was really emotional for you at the scan - glad he finally let you get some nice pics! x x x

First.timer, GORGEOUS scan photo of your little man sucking his thumb!

bananabump, Arthur is a fantastic name. I'm considering it for a middle name if my yellow bump turns blue.

Hayley, he really does look like Alex. So precious :D

- Hope all of you lovely ladies are enjoying the weekend :flower: -

Banana bump I love arthur! I have a friend who called his little boy arthur and he's the cutest thing ever! What happened to james!!? Henrys mum I'm so happy he was posing at my scan its super cute :) also in the other pics he's seriously got his daddys profile :) Hayley your scan pic is lush and I'm so jealous I might just accidentaly book one :s :) I'm currently sitting in my garden listening to james blunt paloma faith and paolo nutini playing LIVE from the pub next to my house for a children in need event,!!!! AMAZING!!!!! Totaly makes up for missing glasto x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->