September Sweet Peas- Join Here

Hi Ladies
anyone who has had their 34 week midwife appointment, do they do anything different at this one? will they check if baby is engaged etc?

Thanks x

yeah they should have a feel and tell you which position baby is in, and whether it is engaged or part engaged x

yeah they should have a feel and tell you which position baby is in, and whether it is engaged or part engaged x

great thanks, i just want to get some info now, so i know if i am in for a long wait of not lol x

I'm not having blood done at mine either. My last lot of bloods was done at 28 weeks.

Yea they'll do all the normal stuff like blood pressure, urine test etc and then tell you if baby is head down and engaged or not and listen to heartbeat again. Shouldnt take longer than 15 minutes.

i had my blood taken at my last appointment so i dont think it is down to have it taken again. Thanks so just usual stiff then.

Will i be weighed again at some point, i was weighed at my first appointment but havent been sincex

Did they not give u your injection michelle? I'm rh neg as well and so I had to have a blood test to check iron levels and my injection x Maybe they just have different practises in different areas :s x

Did they not give u your injection michelle? I'm rh neg as well and so I had to have a blood test to check iron levels and my injection x Maybe they just have different practises in different areas :s x

i had my anti d at 30weeks after having my blood done at 28 weeks. some hospitals give you the anti d in 2 seperate doses, mine give it to you all in one dose but it is the same amount.

did you go for you evc?

Just left hosp they couldn't do it as he was in a bad position. I've got my section booked for the 6th of september! X

You weren't keen on having it either were you!

I had bloods at 35-36 weeks but not sure, was stand in midwife and she saidmine had requested. Weight is normally redone at 36 so they can work out your BMI incase you need meds in labour.

Not comfy now, she's head down and stand in said "quite low" whatever that means lol! LO was a week early too so be nice to do that again, would be a shock to system going over now! She's quieter last day or two but loads BHicks :/

stronger BH here too; just started taking raspberry leaf tea (maybe left it a bit late) and am surprised that it's actually quite a nice drink. i usually hate herbal teas.

so not long to go now; think i'm ready. bag packed, cotbed up, playmat, moses basket etc all out the attic and washed. i'm sure i've forgotten allsorts though.

hoping for an easier labour this time. lo is backtoback same as my first, but at least i know that this time. i had no idea with my first and it was hell.

my OH goes away for a day this weekend - just hoping LO doesn't decide to make an appearance then!

good luck all.

im reading into every little symptom now, today i had the shakes and shooting pains lol

You weren't keen on having it either were you!

I had bloods at 35-36 weeks but not sure, was stand in midwife and she saidmine had requested. Weight is normally redone at 36 so they can work out your BMI incase you need meds in labour.

Not comfy now, she's head down and stand in said "quite low" whatever that means lol! LO was a week early too so be nice to do that again, would be a shock to system going over now! She's quieter last day or two but loads BHicks :/

no wasnt keen! tbh he could have tried but he used the phrase...."i can give it a go if you want me to" so i politely declined.....he seemed totally uncomfortable and unconfident that he would be able to turn him and pulled a few funny faces when he was feeling around..also couldnt confirm to be 100% that the cord wasnt round the neck so i just said lets call it a day. sooooooo im having a baby in 3 weeks!

im super uncomfy too, head in ribs is not nice and cannot wait for him to be out now, roll on the 6th :) x

Congrats Calypso! She is so cute! Is she completely breathing on her own?

hi ladies i had a sweep yesterday as i have kidney issues and really bad spd so when i saw my consultant she gave me a sweep said i was 3cm dilated thin and ready :thumbup: well this morning i woke up very early feeling really weird :haha: went to the toilet and there was my mucus plug also had 2 massive clear outs. my patner had to go and do a big job this morning 100 miles away so i didnt tell him. ever since he has left i have been getting bad backache (i had back labours with my dd and ds) if i am in labour i hope bubba waits till daddy comes home as i was only 90mins from waters breaking mith my ds. and didnt have no contractions before they broke.

hi ladies i had a sweep yesterday as i have kidney issues and really bad spd so when i saw my consultant she gave me a sweep said i was 3cm dilated thin and ready :thumbup: well this morning i woke up very early feeling really weird :haha: went to the toilet and there was my mucus plug also had 2 massive clear outs. my patner had to go and do a big job this morning 100 miles away so i didnt tell him. ever since he has left i have been getting bad backache (i had back labours with my dd and ds) if i am in labour i hope bubba waits till daddy comes home as i was only 90mins from waters breaking mith my ds. and didnt have no contractions before they broke.

ooo very exciting michelle, we were due at around same time i think???? mine wont give me a sweep :growlmad:

hope its the start of things for you, but keep your legs crossed til daddy gets home lol xxx

Hi i had my midwife appointment yesterday, but baby isnt engaged yet but in the correct position and very low so midwife said she expects him to be engaged at my next appointment 36 weeks. Is anyones baby engaged already and did you feel any different or could you tell as soon as they did?

Anyone else suddenly feel sick? I have felt sick on and off quite a bit recently and thought nothing of it until MW asked if I was getting any sickness when going through Pre Eclampsia signs, I had it with my other 2 but no real symptoms of it :help: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->