September Sweet Peas- Join Here

i started quite early with them this time, but only every now and again and at first i got confused thinking it was baby pushing outwards until midwife told me it was braxton hicks. But this is my second baby. with my first i never felt them at all, i was even in hospital for my blood pressure once and they told me i was contracting but i still couldnt feel it...so if this is your first hun you might not feel them x

oh right, i have times were my bump goes hard but like you say i just assumed it was baby pushing so far out it was making it go hard, so maybe i have had some then. I just assumed that i would defo know when i had one but maybe not.

it sounds like if you were getting to the point were you had pain, surely you must be close now. Have you had anymore this morning? x

your whole uterus goes hard, so then you think, well it cant be baby cos baby doesnt cover the whole uterus if you know what i mean lol...they do get worse further you get though. i have had some very mild ones this morning and feeling a bit crampy but nothing like last night....sods law it will just be false alarm for me

your whole uterus goes hard, so then you think, well it cant be baby cos baby doesnt cover the whole uterus if you know what i mean lol...they do get worse further you get though. i have had some very mild ones this morning and feeling a bit crampy but nothing like last night....sods law it will just be false alarm for me

yes i will be on the look out now lol

if they are still there even mild still might be signs of something happening. Has anything else happened like your bloody show? x

Hi everyone. I haven't really posted much on here since the thread first started but now I am on maternity leave I expect I shall be coming on daily!

I don't think I have had any BH yet but I don't get very crampy with period pain low down. I find most times if I go sit on the loo and relax it can be just trapped wind :blush: and once I get over that it eases off. Really takes my breath away though so not too sure what it means :shrug: we'll see what midwife says on Thursday.

Sorry if tmi but does anybody else feel like they need to have a bowel movement pretty much all the time? I have been having regular bowel movements for a week now (at least one a day with 2 somedays) but once sat on toilet I feel like I could just stay there forever if it wasn't so uncomfortable on my back! Anybody else feel like this? I guess it's just the pressure of baby on my bowels as well as my bladder :dohh:

xxx

WDWJess - yes! have been feeling the same bowel movement sensation for quite a while now.. :blush:.. oh the joys of 3rd tri :haha:

We are all at the symptom spotting stage again! :dohh: feels like in the TWW.. where we are constantly doing the pregnancying spotting.. now it's the labour spotting! :haha:

No more BH last night.. and only some slight tightening sensations on and off today.. nothing too strong... Am sure it's just my body prepping some more!

WDWJess - yes! have been feeling the same bowel movement sensation for quite a while now.. :blush:.. oh the joys of 3rd tri :haha:

We are all at the symptom spotting stage again! :dohh: feels like in the TWW.. where we are constantly doing the pregnancying spotting.. now it's the labour spotting! :haha:

No more BH last night.. and only some slight tightening sensations on and off today.. nothing too strong... Am sure it's just my body prepping some more!

Thank god it's not just me :happydance:

Can I ask everybody, what are you planning on wearing during labour? This is the bit I am stuck on, was thinking of wearing an old t-shirt that I don't mind getting messy but then I want skin to skin contact immediately with baby being brought to my chest to try and establish bf immediately. But if I'm wearing a t-shirt my chest won't be exposed ready for this?!

mines started again, and with some pretty intense lower back pain which feels to the left side a bit....hmm im really not sure whats going on tbh.

about what to wear in labour, i bought this - https://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/produ.../37159&resultsPerPage=100&attrList=Dept,brand not very sexy i know, but dark in colour and can open the buttons as far down as you want so u can still have skin-to-skin

Hi.

How you ladies doing?

I didnt come in here as much as I feel much left out. :shrug:

Anyway, about what to wear during labour - I will use the old pj or something that I can take off easy for the skin to skin contact with DS2. But depends how well vent in the labour room. :)

I cant believe I have less than 4 weeks left to go and I just bought down the baby clothes that has been stored away in the loft that belongs to Billy, DS1, to be washed but other things we have such as moses basket, swing, etc havent been bought down yet because I dont want Billy to touch them just yet.

Speak later xxx

I wont be wearing anything during labour. the previous times i've given birth in my hospital it has been roasting so i've decided not to wear anything. I've packed a really loose nighty just in case its cold thats really easy to get off just in case though. I just got a cheap one from primark in the biggest size they did so it would be easy to get off then if i dont use it i havent wasted loads of money only a couple of pounds. Plus if its cold then its big enough to put baby under and poke her head out the top lol

I'm hoping to be in the pool and I'm just going to wear a sleep nursing bra, I don't want to spend money on a bikini top I will most probably ruin!xxx

I gave birth in my Ministry of Sound tshirt lmao cos that's what I arrived back at hospital in! And jeans! Midwife said "do you want to take jeans off and get into comfy nighty". I remember having contraction upon contraction and just groaning at her and she just said "maybe not then, jus pull jeans off" :rofl:

I am planning on just wearing what the hospital provides. Can't really see paying any money for something that will probably get ruined anyways. Plus I also want skin to skin right away so I will just have the hospital gown open in the front or pulled down.
I have brought a comfy nighty to wear for after a shower though.

I don't think they provide us with hospital gowns here in the UK :shrug:

I don't think they provide us with hospital gowns here in the UK :shrug:

Really?! that seems strange.. what about when you go in for surgery etc? I would have thought they would provide something.. :shrug:
I am not too sure here in Spain, but I know they do have hospital gowns and when I went in for testing, there were women there in gowns and bath robes that looked like they were provided to them.
Guess I will have to wait and see :haha: Though, I have been told by other women, that they provide A LOT of stuff here.. clothing, nappies etc etc...

I think if you have a c section that's different they will provide a gown. I'd be very happy to wear a hospital gown during labor. Maybe I'll ask my midwife when I see her on Thursday if it's possible! Who knows?! xx

No hospital gowns aren't provided in the UK for natural delivery only for csections.

No hospital gowns aren't provided in the UK for natural delivery only for csections.

OH!! That would really suck if you went into labour away from home and rushed to the hospital without your bag! Guess you'd just be doing it naked :haha:.. though maybe some nice nurse would grab you something.

If you went in unexpectedly they would give you one but you are meant to be prepared and take your own

.....are the gowns backless? im having a section but i really dont want my bum hanging out lol x

I'm assuming for a csection you'd have to have it open at the front so they can get to your belly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->