September Sweet Peas- Join Here

i didnt have a gown, just laboured in the top i happened to be wearing at the time - they drape a sheet over your legs.

i had a c section and still stayed in the top i went to the hospital in!

nighties and gowns are a must for afterwards though - not sure if they provide you with anything if you dont have something in your bag. if you have a c-section you'll be in bed for a bit anyway, so perhaps they just ask your partner to get something.

either way there was no mention of a hospital gown for me

hmmmm im sure whatever i get dressed in will look simply dreamy! ive got a load of comfy stuff to wear after, does it bleed? how much do you bleed from your minky? x

TMI - beware!!!

I can't imagine not having my hosp gown! Very sexy lol. I didn't get but a smudge of blood on it while delivering.

I need to take pics of the hospital pads they give here. The sizes are: big, ginormous, and woah my guts are falling out lol. I used them in decreasing sizes and brought a TON home (I asked for the big and thry bring you a pack of each - they are in sets).

I had one clot the first time I went to pee. It was about the size of a quarter/milk bottle cap. I changed pads all the time because it grosses me out to NOT change it. The bleeding right after was not bad, unless I stood up - it is really liquidy. It decreased and after less than a week it is like a normal-light period. A few days later and it is just spotting with intermittent light days.

You were lucky then! I actually called midwife when I moved in bed after birth, thought I was haemorrhaging! Was heavy for good week, medium for week then dragged on for week to two more!

how heavy is heavy...lol, im assuming its kind of fine because you dont have any pain down there so you can wash and wipe etc as much as you need too... ? ive only bought two packs of maternity towels think about 12 in a pack planning on using ths hosp ones whilst there - mom2ben did they supply them at RSCH? then after that do you think it would be light enough to use night time sanitary towels? also i know you cant use tampons if you have a vbac but what about if you have a section once it gets light enough? xxx

My 1st baby was vaginal, my 2nd was a c-section. I bled a lot heavier with my vaginal birth. Also, I had clots, pretty big ones but its normal. I bled heavy the first few days(very heavy) then it slowly got lighter. By 2 weeks I was just spotting,but I spotted until about 7 weeks. With my c-section I bled and spotted the same length of time, but just lighter in total. I never had clots, and it was never massive amounts of blood like with my vaginal birth.

Not sure on tampons, but heavy with me was pretty much changing each hour of the day if not more. And that was a maternity towel.

I dont think anyone can tell you how much your going to bleed everyone is different. I've had 2 vaginal births and never bled that heavily i certainly never needed to change a maternity pad every hour! I would say my bleeding was more like a medium flow period.

Well ladies after my routine gp appointment I'm sat up at hospital with suspected pre eclampsia :( waiting to be seen now so fingers crossed- anyone had it before? X

Oh god! Your LO just wants out doesn't he! Upside down, messing about ! ;)
Hope your ok but no help on the PE sorry

Well ladies after my routine gp appointment I'm sat up at hospital with suspected pre eclampsia :( waiting to be seen now so fingers crossed- anyone had it before? X

sorry to hear this, what symptoms have you had that has made them say you might have it?

at least you are in the right place for them to look after you and little one xx

Hah yeah he's a naughty boy!! I've had an unusually high bp reading, protein in urine and a headache :( really don't want him to come quite yet! Just one more week baby hold on till sept 1st please!! X

hi ladies well i never had my baby last week after the sweep and bad backache and 2 very bloody shows. i had consultant appt today and im being induced 1 week today (well they will just break my waters as im already dilated and effaced) i cant wait im fed up now, bet this is going to be the slowest week of my life :haha: also had another sweep today so maybe fingers crossed wont ave to wait till next week.

first timer any news yet?

First timer - aww that's shit hun! I had it with my first, started towards the end like yours. High bp, headache, protein in wee and swelling. They kept in for 5 days on labetanol tablets and then induced me, they may just keep you there under medication but they may do your c-section early! What a cheeky boy u have got in there lol. Good luck x

Michelle - from what u av said I can't see you needing to be induced next week I think it will be before...but if you do we might have our babys on the same day, next weds :)

My pains stopped last night but started again at 4pm this evening and have been every 3-5 minutes but am still not sure if they r braxtons, or very early labour pains which I suppose could go on for a week!

First timer - hope you're okay! You can't have your LO yet - we won't get to be ward buddies!!!

Well as for me, I think baby has engaged. I thought I had intense pelvic pressure last week but I woke up this morning and realised last week was nothing. I'm now walking like I have a melon between my legs :rofl: Seriously though, it feels as if baby is going to drop at any minute. I've also had lots of discharge (sorry TMI) and some quite painful period like cramps. I also just want baby to hang on until 1st September.

I have my c-section Sep.1. I am worried I wont make it though. I had my appointment yesterday and he checked me cuz I requested it and I am 2-3cm dilated and 95% effaced, she is dropped and my cervix is soft. Well, him checking my cervix hurt like crazy, it really felt like he did a sweep on me while he was in there. I have been checked in my other pregnancies but none hurt like this one! Now every time I get a BH it hurts. I normally just get pressure but now I get pain with them. This baby needs to wait just 8 more days!

Thanks ladies, I think I'm gonna be allowed home tbh - while I've been here everythings been fine, BP back to normal, wee fine, blood results fine, just gonna be checked over my a doc and sent on my merry way if he thinks its ok! Bad news is though baby is still head up so I'm still having a section it seems! So mom2ben fingers crossed we still get to be ward buds! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->