September Sweet Peas- Join Here

My pic is on my avator but here it is bigger :)

https://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq300/rainbowretro_photos/bab_15.jpg

ahhhhh so im home now so can fill you in properly. i was so nervous this morning freaking out that there would be something wrong or something i dunno :s and as you all know i was hoping for a girl but im getting my head round it! im going to be a single mum so the main reason i wanted a girl is because i thought it would be easier. ive got a few pics and yes they were very certain and so am i! i have a potty shot as well which i will post lol, i spent about 15 minutes of my day staring at my childs penis ( daddy would be proud) so im fairly certain i wont have any suprises at my 20 week scan! feeling wonderful that i can stop using the word 'it' but have mixed emotions as i am now more worried than before about becoming a parent as its to a boy! i know to those of you who have children already and who have boys it probably sounds stupid! i just panic that i wont be enough for him and he will want his dad. x

Aww bless ya hun!! Well my mum has been a single mum for 12 years, since I was 10, and I've got a younger brother and sister aswell. My mum has always said that she would of much preferred 3 boys as my brother was so much easier than me and my sister!! He was a dream growing up and we were right nightmares lol So I think you and you little boy will be just fine! So happy that everything went well at the scan for you!! After you've bought more blue-ness, I'm sure it will start to sink in more for you :hugs: x x x

ahhhhh so im home now so can fill you in properly. i was so nervous this morning freaking out that there would be something wrong or something i dunno :s and as you all know i was hoping for a girl but im getting my head round it! im going to be a single mum so the main reason i wanted a girl is because i thought it would be easier. ive got a few pics and yes they were very certain and so am i! i have a potty shot as well which i will post lol, i spent about 15 minutes of my day staring at my childs penis ( daddy would be proud) so im fairly certain i wont have any suprises at my 20 week scan! feeling wonderful that i can stop using the word 'it' but have mixed emotions as i am now more worried than before about becoming a parent as its to a boy! i know to those of you who have children already and who have boys it probably sounds stupid! i just panic that i wont be enough for him and he will want his dad. x

Aww bless ya hun!! Well my mum has been a single mum for 12 years, since I was 10, and I've got a younger brother and sister aswell. My mum has always said that she would of much preferred 3 boys as my brother was so much easier than me and my sister!! He was a dream growing up and we were right nightmares lol So I think you and you little boy will be just fine! So happy that everything went well at the scan for you!! After you've bought more blue-ness, I'm sure it will start to sink in more for you :hugs: x x x

Thanks babe. Feeling better today after buying little bear suits from babygap - lol and starting to listen to EVERYONE who is telling me boys are easier lol xxx

Firstly, congratulations on your little boy! It totally doesnt sound stupid! I do have a boy, but honestly, I am feeling the same way about the possibility of having a girl! I wanted a girl when I was pregnant with my son, but quickly realized I got exactly what I was meant to have an needed!

My boy is super independent and plays so well by himself. Always has too! I have several friends with girls and most of them seem to be way more needy than my boy. Not that I dont enjoy playing with him, but most of the girls need to be entertained a lot more than he does.

I know it completely depends on the child and you can have a girl who is very independent, but the thought of a girl still scares me. But when I look at the adorable clothes and things for girls, I want one so badly! I have always been very disappointed with the selection for boys!

Good luck, you'll do great with your little man! Momma's boys are the best!

Thanks guys your all so supportive :) im warming to it more and more xxx he has a very handsome dad, im sure he will be a heartbreaker. I am disappointed with boy clothes though :s

Bearsuits!!! Awwwwww! :happydance: hehe x x x

Pinkpolkadot - Lovely pic by the way, soo clear! x x x

Had appointment with midwife today and she listened to baby's heartbeat - I was so relieved as I still haven't felt anything (and I had already felt little movements at this stage with DS) :shrug:

Am I the only one staying team yellow in this group?! It seems as if everyone is finding out! I am very tempted to find out but we don't really mind either way so might leave it as a surprise.

Hope you're all well xx

Hi First.timer - I wanted a girl throughout my first pregnancy and when I had a boy, I was also slightly shocked, however, boys are great! I couldn't imagine having a girl now - boys are so much fun and also very loving! I am sure you will be absolutely fine but I can understand why you are having mixed emotions. x

mom2ben - I agree, it does seem like everyone is finding out whether they're having a boy or a girl! But like you we've decided to remain as team yellow too!

I still read all the old wives tales - but I've had mix of results on that front so far!

broodybeauty, welcome!

Mom2Ben, congrats on hearing the heartbeat! I had a Dr appt yesterday and we couldn't find the HB with the doppler, so the Dr did an ultrasound. I was freaking out, but very relieved to see a little heart happily beating away in there! I'm sure hearing your LOs was such a relief for you! BTW, my son is only a couple of month older than yours and I am about a week behind you in this pregnancy.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one :)

AmandaLucsMom - that must have been so worrying for you when they couldn't find the heartbeat. Did they manage to do the ultrasound straight away?

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one :)

AmandaLucsMom - that must have been so worrying for you when they couldn't find the heartbeat. Did they manage to do the ultrasound straight away?

Yes, it was there right away, thank goodness! The Dr wasn't concerned at all, but we lost a baby last June and all my "non-worrying, positive thinking only" thoughts have been taken from me. The Dr said the chances of my miscarrying at this stage with no bleeding are very, very slim so I have his permission to stop worrying. Not sure if I can do that though. I was so blissfully ignorant with my first!

ignorance sure is bliss! I dont think you can ever stop worrying, its impossible :( :hugs: x

Thanks Hayley! I read your story and I my heart broke for you. I am so sorry for your profound loss. It is so nice to read that you family has grown and is growing again.

Had appointment with midwife today and she listened to baby's heartbeat - I was so relieved as I still haven't felt anything (and I had already felt little movements at this stage with DS) :shrug:

Am I the only one staying team yellow in this group?! It seems as if everyone is finding out! I am very tempted to find out but we don't really mind either way so might leave it as a surprise.

Hope you're all well xx

I'm staying on team yellow too. It's so hard!!

Team yellow here too and its sooo difficult knowing I could go ten minutes down the road to the private 4D ultrasoundy place and find out!

Anyone's nipples started leaking yet? My right one decided to leave me with a fetching wet patch today... woo :|

Team yellow here too and its sooo difficult knowing I could go ten minutes down the road to the private 4D ultrasoundy place and find out!

Anyone's nipples started leaking yet? My right one decided to leave me with a fetching wet patch today... woo :|

WOAH THERE>>>>>>>>>>LEAKING NIPPLES? when should i expect this joy? i am so naive x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->