September Sweet Peas- Join Here

Enjoy First.timer and canadabear!! Mine is on Thurs - can't wait!

As for me - I have finally started to feel bubs move in the last few days. I was starting to get worried as it's my second and thought I would feel it much sooner but obviously not! Anyway it is such a relief!

I also had an appt with my obstetrician a couple of weeks ago and as I have GD and ended up having a c-section last pregnancy, they are going to give me a sweep at 38 weeks and if nothing happens naturally, I will have a planned section at 39 weeks. Apparently you can't be induced if you've had a section previously? I'm really pleased with that plan as it gives me a chance to try naturally without being induced. So baby will definitely be here by 7 Sept!!!

Can't believe I will be 20 weeks tomorrow!!!!! Hope the rest of you are all well :)

As for me - I have finally started to feel bubs move in the last few days. I was starting to get worried as it's my second and thought I would feel it much sooner but obviously not! Anyway it is such a relief!

I also had an appt with my obstetrician a couple of weeks ago and as I have GD and ended up having a c-section last pregnancy, they are going to give me a sweep at 38 weeks and if nothing happens naturally, I will have a planned section at 39 weeks. Apparently you can't be induced if you've had a section previously? I'm really pleased with that plan as it gives me a chance to try naturally without being induced. So baby will definitely be here by 7 Sept!!!

Can't believe I will be 20 weeks tomorrow!!!!! Hope the rest of you are all well :)

thats good, glad to hear that u are happy with what your obstetrician said, as i hear many people who are not happy. i am wondering whether my consultant will say a similar thing. i had an emergency c-section due to pre-eclampsia and dont want to be induced again under any circumstances, so maybe they will do the same to me.

however, from what i remember they can only do a sweep if your body is ready, i.e. if there is room to get in lol. they tried to give me one when i was overdue and they couldnt as the cervix wasnt ready or something!

Good luck for today canadabear and first.timer :flower:

We have our '20 week' scan tomorrow, I am sooo nervous now!

thats good, glad to hear that u are happy with what your obstetrician said, as i hear many people who are not happy. i am wondering whether my consultant will say a similar thing. i had an emergency c-section due to pre-eclampsia and dont want to be induced again under any circumstances, so maybe they will do the same to me.

however, from what i remember they can only do a sweep if your body is ready, i.e. if there is room to get in lol. they tried to give me one when i was overdue and they couldnt as the cervix wasnt ready or something!

I don't think they can induce you if you've had an emergency c-section - something to do with uterine rupture? I was really glad to hear that as I hated being induced. I think it's okay if you're overdue but I was a week early. How likely are you to have pre-eclampsia this time round? I'm guessing if you do then they will probably do the same as they doing for me.

They did a sweep for me at 38 weeks but it didn't work - and it was really painful!

I can't be induced and I had a planned C-section. If I don't go into labour by 41 weeks, I'll get another C-section x

My baby is sooo cute! Everything is totaly cute and he was in there wiggling away ( because I had chocolate brownie for breakfast lol) BUT- the woman said she was only 60% sure he is a boy....!!!!!! Better chill out on the blue clothes just incase my dylan turns into ruby :s x x x

glad bubba is well hun. 60% aaah that would annoy the hell out of me! but at least u have been told twice that hes a boy! there was no doubting mine from the scan, i would be very worried if he turned out to be a girl lol

My baby is sooo cute! Everything is totaly cute and he was in there wiggling away ( because I had chocolate brownie for breakfast lol) BUT- the woman said she was only 60% sure he is a boy....!!!!!! Better chill out on the blue clothes just incase my dylan turns into ruby :s x x x

Yah! :yipee: Glad your scan went well!!

Mine was FANTASTIC!! They took a long time showing OH and I the head, face, hands, feet.. and even pointed out all the individual fingers and toes!

We are MOST DEFINATELY TEAM......... BLUE!!!!!!

NO DOUBT.. They pointed that out to me as well! :haha:

We are over the moon with happiness!! :happydance:

first timer - after being told twice that he is a boy i would say he is definately a boy they normally only get it wrong if they say its a girl and turns out to be a boy. My two were definate boys though!

Aww glad it all went well hun! Can't believe she said she was only 60% sure! As others have said though, saying a boy twice must mean something! Loving the name change by the way hehe x x x

Canadabear - Woop!! Congrats on your blue bundle hun, glad you're pleased!! x x x

i know!! she was like....erm....i cant really see much, i can sort of see something sticking out- ill go with boy.....i said...............er...............you wanna look again its quite important and she said he had moved and couldnt see anything and so i said how sure are you and she said 60%! i said i didnt like those odds.......although she seemed to have something against babybond as well :s

haha bananabump im experimenting with names again! although im loving it so much more to be honest, dylan has definately knocked ruben off the top spot!

canadabear so glad yours went well! yeah wooooooo boy babies x x x

Well I am so pleased to say we are back from our scan and everything looked perfect :) We are still team pink and got to see some acrobatics, here she is Miss long legs...

https://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq300/rainbowretro_photos/20weekscancrop.jpg

The scan lady was lovely (was hoping for a different one than last time who was a bit miz!) and even gave us some extra pics :happydance:

(Also posted in 2nd tri sorry for repeat!)

Pinkpolkadot - that is a cute pic! What week were you first told girl?

With all the pink we own, and enjoying calling baby my princess/little girl, etc I am terrified to go in and be told boy on the 11th. I know not likely, but those irrational fears are hard to shake.

I have been feeling my little one move around a lot.:cloud9:

Thanks Calypso! We were told pink at 16 weeks, she seemed pretty sure then but we held back and tried not to do too much shopping just in case. I can go mad now though :)

Pinkpolkadot thats how my LO was at her 20 weeks scan :haha:

https://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/29754_113509112024319_100000956933877_68620_3639086_n.jpg
^ She stayed like that all the way through aswell! lol x

Pinkpolkadot - LOVE the scan pic!! Our little man was being difficult for the pics, but we did get to see a lot.. so CUTE!! I love her legs!! :haha:

So wonderful that everyone is ejoying their scans!! LOVE IT!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->