September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Baby, I'm on the daycare hunt now too. Soooooo expensive!

What exactly am I looking for with Braxton Hicks? I have times where my stomach gets tight for 15-30 seconds, but I don't know if that is BH or Adaline balling up?!?!

What exactly am I looking for with Braxton Hicks? I have times where my stomach gets tight for 15-30 seconds, but I don't know if that is BH or Adaline balling up?!?!

No clue but I'm interested in knowing the answer!

Sounds like BH! I get them a lot now. A lot more than in my sons pregnancy. my tummy regularly through the day tightens up for about 15 seconds. It's not painful, more uncomfortable, and there's no regular pattern to it.

Your probably all fed up of pictures but here's today's pic of little princess, more growth so I'm absolutly over then moon!

Hope everyone else is well!

Lovely pic Maryanne, cute!

I didn't get many bh with my daughter but get a lot more with this one. To me it feels uncomfortable and your stomach goes all hard then after a short time it relaxes again. All very normal!

Just been catching up with everyone's comments. Good to see everyone doing well :)

We had a lovely weekend away, gorgeous weather and my little girl was able to spend the weekend on the beach :)

I did however manage to faint and completely pass out on Monday urgh. Think it was probably my low blood pressure and lack of fluid etc.

Hi ladies!
I've been MIA too for a few days and I read all of your posts all at once. Hope I don't forget anybody.

Bug - congrats for passing the 3 hour GD test and very very sorry that you're in such pain! While 11 weeks is a short time really, when you're in agony it definitely feels like centuries ahead! Hope time goes by fast for you!

Ambiguous - sorry that you too are suffering! Hope time goes fast for you too!

Maryanne - cute little princess! So happy to be following her progress after all you've been through!! :flower:

To those who asked about Braxton Hicks - yes, it's definitely like the stomach is balling up for a few seconds and up to a minute or two and becomes rock hard. If it isn't rock hard everywhere, then it's probably not BH but rather the baby moving to an awkward position causing some irritation to the uterus, but it's not a proper contraction.

Regarding childcare - I haven't worried about it yet, as I'm self employed, work from home, and plan to be a stay at home mom 'till the end of the year/beginning of 2016. Thereafter I will probably ease back into work, part time to begin with. Depending on how easy or hard it proves to work with a baby at home, we thought we may hire a sitter to come over for a few hours a week while I'm in another room working. But that isn't happening until 2016 at the earliest, if it happens at all.

AFM - well, I had an interesting weekend to say the least. My BH felt like they weren't going away and/or that my stomach remained hard for long periods of time. So I felt compelled to mention it to my doctor and I ended up paging him Sunday morning. He asked me to go to the hospital to be hooked up to the machine and get checked just to be sure. I did and ended up being admitted. I stayed hooked up for several hours, during which it was revealed that very little of what I was experiencing was actual contractions, the rest was just irritable uterus, often caused by the baby moving close to my uterine wall. So that was good, but they still wanted to rule out preterm labor (while it's relatively uncommon, too many BH can sometimes cause thinning and shortening of the cervix). Anyway, so I had to have two vaginal exams 2 hours apart from each other where it was confirmed that my cervix was all nice and sealed up, plus an ultrasound to measure the length of the cervix (and it was still nice and long at 4.1cm). They also did a urine analysis for infections, which came back negative. So preterm labor was ruled out. Even so, they didn't want to let me go just yet :wacko:. They kept me overnight hooked up to the contractions machine, gave me an IV as dehydration can intensify contractions, and gave me a dose of Procardia which completely stopped any contractions for a good 10-12 hours. Monday morning my doctor came to visit me, he said all is good and that he wouldn't put me on Procardia, unless I started having many contractions in the future, in which case I am to go back to be checked again. As in, better be safe than sorry. He said I could start magnesium if I wanted (it often helps with contractions) and that I should have lots of fluids and plenty of rest every single day, plus avoid stress and make sure I empty my bladder regularly (a full bladder can also trigger contractions). I was discharged a couple hours later on Monday morning. And that was the end of my little adventure. Now I wonder if I should have even bothered as the whole hospitalization thing felt beyond ridiculous after they ruled out preterm labor, but at least they were able to put my mind at ease, and at least now I'm much better at distinguishing real Braxton Hicks from other things after looking at the patterns on the machine and comparing them to what I was actually feeling (though sometimes it's very difficult and I still have a hard time on occasion - the feeling can be extremely similar).

In other news, pretty excited to be 27 weeks today and into the third trimester! :thumbup: Just 10 short weeks until the baby is considered full term and 'allowed' to come out :haha: (though I'd rather he waited at least until week 38, as my Mom is coming over all the way from Greece when I will be 37w5d, so it will be better if she's already here for baby's arrival). Also, I've started some market research and plan to officially begin baby shopping within the next 2 weekends :flower:

So cute Maryanne!

Wow what an eventful day Christi! Glad everything turned out ok!

Oh yikes Yazzy! I hope that doesn't happen again!

Maryanne- I'll never be tired of picture updates!! Yay that she's growing well!!

Yazzy - glad u enjoyed your weekend and hope you have no more episodes of passing out!! Plenty of rest and lots of fluids!

Christi - glad you got checked out and everything looked good :) hope your little guy waits for your mom to fly in!

I haven't started looking into childcare. Luckily I won't need it till Sept 2016. Though I did watch a news segment on the costs of childcare... ew...

Wow yazzy, somehow I missed your post. Sorry to hear about your fainting. Hope you're feeling better now. Be sure to always stay hydrated and munch on something every couple of hours - that will keep your blood sugar at good levels. Also be careful not to get up too fast and when you feel particularly tired, lie down if at all possible. Hugs and hope it doesn't happen again :hugs:

Yazzy, I hope that doesn't happen again, how scary.

Christi, how intense your time at the hospital. I'm glad all is ok with you and baby

Thanks girls, hopefully just a one off...think it scared the oh more!

Christi wow 27 weeks and third tri...exciting! Like you I am going to start getting a few bits around 30 weeks. After already having my daughter though we have all the big things so it's more her bedroom I'm desperate to start.

Bug I'm so sorry to hear about your back pain. I know how awful sciatica is, let alone adding to that with bits fusing together.

Baby is definitely getting bigger, I can feel him/her's bum or legs well above my belly button this morning.

Hi friends....I'm here. I've been reading all your updates but lurking. Sorry!

I can't believe we are all in or near third trimester already. I felt like this would be the pregnancy that never ends (though I was terrified of it ending for the first, oh, six months or so) and now...here we are, getting close to the finish line. Preparing rooms, buying things- I'm even starting to think about labor and delivery. I think this may actually be happening. Crazy!!

Christi - crazy about your hospital stay! Sounds like they may have been a little over cautious but better safe than sorry! Glad everything is ok.

Yazzy - I second the other ladies, plenty of rest and fluids! Hopefully it doesn't happen again!

maryanne - lovely to see your little girl and hear she's still growing :) What a relief!!

mrsGH - I KNOW! I thought this pregnancy was going to DRAG but it's flying! It may slow down as we start getting more and more achy though. My backaches and sleep woes have definitely begun hmph.

Passed my GD test with 'perfect' numbers according to my midwife :D. But I've got anemia and was told I need to get my iron up before delivery :(. Started supplements today but just afraid I won't get the numbers up in time. The last time I was anemic, it took a few months to replenish my stores (I had a very big bleed with one of my losses that caused it).

Anyone else been diagnosed with anemia? Or am I a lone wolf on this one?

Haven't had BH I don't think. Or maybe I have and haven't felt them? I've felt mild cramps but not really any tightening sensations so I'm thinking no?

Confusion I'm going to see if I can get a blood test for my iron count this week. Starting to feel drained, tired and short of breath and had to take supplements when I had my daughter. Luckily I did as I lost a fair bit of blood during delivery so taking iron tablets helped.

Congrats on passing your GD test confuzion! :thumbup:

I don't have anemia as such, but my numbers for red blood cells were just below the normal minimum, so maybe a slight anemia (very common in pregnancy by the way). I wasn't told to do anything about it and I'm not going to take extra iron (my prenatals already contain iron), but I'll be increasing my consumption of iron rich foods. If you are going to take extra iron, I'd recommend Floradix. It's liquid, easy for the body to absorb and non constipating, and a very healthy supplement to take without the side effects of common iron supplements. It's also mixed with herbs for an extra boost in your vitamin B complex. I took it for a couple of months after my D&C for my loss (I was slightly anemic again back then, as I bled/spotted for a whole 6 weeks after the procedure and then I got my first period which lasted for a whopping 11 days, so my body was bleeding/spotting for almost 2 months continuously!) and it worked wonders! Within days of taking it, my energy levels were up and my color was the healthiest it'd been in a long while. If it turns out I do have to supplement with more iron during this pregnancy, I'm definitely doing Floradix again.

My GD test results were uploaded on my patient portal yesterday, and it turns out my reading was 104 with a normal range of between 85 and 140, so more or less in the middle. I was happy about that :thumbup:

Congrats to you both on passing GD tests!!

No anemia here. I've been feeling pretty good since my morning sickness went away a month ago. Except for heartburn! No matter what I eat and even if I don't eat 2 hours before bed. Still get it every time I lay down.

I'm so excited we're all in or near the third tri too :happydance:

I take the Floradix too- easy on the tummy

I'm not currently anemic (thanks to the iron) but my platelets are low- same thing happened with DS and in both of my losses so it just seems that my platelet counts don't like pregnancy

Also not anemic but she said my iron levels were low but not low enough for supplements. She told me to eat more leafy greens and red meat.

Congrats on everyone passing their gd tests, I have to have mine monday, not looking forward to it :( they don't do them as standard here but as my diabeties is in my family apparently I need to be tested.

I'm sorry to hear about your hospital stay Christi, hope your ok now!

Hope your feeling better too yazzy, that must have been really scary. I feel faint sometimes but I'm lucky that i haven't passed out this pregnancy.

I'm in third tri! I actually can't believe it! Never ever thought I'd get this far. I really can't get my head around it. Never thought we would be blessed with another take home baby. It's all very overwhelming but exciting!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->