September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

I failed my 3 hour glucose test! Im so angry and sad. :(

So sorry to hear that babyfeva! :hugs:
It's understandable to feel this way. Does this mean they've now diagnosed you with GD? How do they intend to deal with it? I know two ladies who had GD during their pregnancies and both managed it by following a stricter diet (cutting down on sugar and carbs) and not much else. At the end of their pregnancies they were both fine GD-wise and they both delivered at term - one was induced for unrelated reasons, the other one went into labor on her own, but both ended up having natural deliveries.

:( I'm sorry babyfeva - what is the next step?

I'm sorry babyfeva, like christi said don't be too upset. I've known a lot of women with gd and all went on to have healthy babies. Think it's only a big issue of it's left untreated. I'm still sorry your going through the stress of it though. Hugs.

Sorry to hear that babyfeva, I hope it can be managed easily.

I ended up booking in with the midwife to have a check up and all seems ok so that's good. She did a full blood count just to check and will re-do it at my 28 week appointment. What was great was that I saw the same midwife that did the majority of my appointments when I had my daughter and she remembered me.

So sorry babyfeva :( not sure of the next steps either but if you are now diagnosed, that it's easily manageable.

Glad you got checked yazzy and everything is good.

:hugs: babyfeva. As Christi85 said, I think it's just stricter diet and more exercise right? I know that's a pain in the butt to be forced to do, but we're getting close to the finish line!

Thanks for all the support ladies. So, yes I have GD. I met with a diabetes counselor today. I basically have to control my carbs and increase my activity to control the blood sugar levels. I'm bummed but I will do what I have to do. :)

Leaky boobs? All of my 28w emails mention them but mine are pretty normal, not even sore. Anyone experiencing this at 28w or close?

Leaky boobs? All of my 28w emails mention them but mine are pretty normal, not even sore. Anyone experiencing this at 28w or close?

Yup, I've had leaky boobs on and off since week 19 :wacko:
At first it was once every 2-3 weeks for several weeks, but in the past couple of weeks I've been getting them once/twice a week. Not huge leaks, just small stains on my T-shirt. Not everyone gets them though and that is normal too - and it means nothing about your milk production post partum :winkwink:

Mine had a huge growth spurt and then nada. Really not even sore or sensitive. I guess I'm thankful for it, I was just wondering when they would start to prepare for bf.

Cutie, my boobs have also stopped growing since the first trimester. I went up two sizes by the end of the first tri, and they've grown very little ever since (I also never had huge boobs to begin with). They do sting at times, and that's often (though not always) associated with them leaking. Usually if they sting a lot and that lasts for several hours, I eventually end up seeing a small leak on one or both sides. Everyone's body is different :flower:

Mine didn't grow, they just got heavier. And I found a stain on one of my t-shirts that I wear to bed so looks like I did spring a leak... once

Glad they are monitoring you babyfeva, I imagine it's a nuisance though. Watching your diet and more exercise must be tough in the last tri. I have my gtt test today, this not eating malarky is hard :(

Yep leaky boobs for me too, since about 22 weeks. Although don't have the massive preggo boobs I was looking forward to. Haven't grown at all in that department.

No leaky books here, I didn't with my daughter either. They have grown though...The oh has commented lol!

Can't believe we are all in or getting so close to the 3rd tri eeek exciting!

Glad they are monitoring you babyfeva, I imagine it's a nuisance though. Watching your diet and more exercise must be tough in the last tri. I have my gtt test today, this not eating malarky is hard :(

Yep leaky boobs for me too, since about 22 weeks. Although don't have the massive preggo boobs I was looking forward to. Haven't grown at all in that department.

Best of luck on your test.

Need the test repeated :( I fainted before they could do the second blood test. So now have to do it all over again Friday. I blame having to stand for over an hour in the busiest waiting room as all the seats were taken on a baking hot day. Very upset over it.

Oh no Maryanne that is awful! I can't believe no one offered you a seat!

Oh no Maryanne that is awful! I can't believe no one offered you a seat!

Ditto, unless everybody else in the room was also pregnant/needed to sit. Sorry it went so wrong Maryanne! Hopefully Friday will go much better :flower:

Babyfeva - glad you are being monitored. Everything will turn out fine, I have no doubt :flower:

So sorry to those with GD issues!! That is what the tests are for, and with treatment everything should be fine!!

Cutie, my boobs haven't leaked since the clogged milk duct drained, but they have been getting fuller/sore the past week or so. I also have noticed dry whitish crusty (I imagine it's dried milk) on my nipples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->