September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

I'm hoping a pic of my daughter and our new kitten Hugo shows up. ..

Maryanne I'm a dog trainer too, but oh having a kitten is just soo much easier lol. 3 large dogs at home is enough for me, no new pups for a while!

Attachments

• IMG_20150612_120413.jpg
    IMG_20150612_120413.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 4
Too cute!

Ok two dog trainers... One of you want to come over and convince my beagle to stop digging up my garden hee hee

Adorable yazzy! I have three cats and a dog and a abandoned jackdaw we are fostering till it's better. No more animals for us for now! The cats rule the house, even the dog is afraid of them! Lol

Bug I would but I need to train my son to stop digging up my garden first lol.

Hahaha- I have a patch in my garden than my son regularly digs up

Yay! Cute kitty yazzy! Your daughter looks so happy :)

I have 2 cats and a dog. DH is allergic to dogs but I had her before I met him so she stays :) she'll be my last dog tho :( she's 9 but she's very healthy so hopefully she'll be around several more years. DH is so used to her his allergies aren't too bad. My dog digs too mostly just in summer. She does it so she can lay on the cool earth she just dug up.

I haven't had any real swelling to speak of. Ankles mainly, and after I sleep it's gone. I have invested in a maternity support belt, it's a cheapy from Fred's but I like it. It definitely helps my back! I go Thursday for an appointment, & @ 32 weeks I'm booking a 4d Ultrasound session. My MIL paid for it (woop!)

Cute fur baby Yazzy, I have been having a time with mine (chihuahua & maltipoo) I am considering sending them to my mother's until after the baby is born. I can't keep up with them well (I work 6 days per week) and it seems like they have lost all control of their bodily functions..lol!

How's everyone doing/feeling?
Any upcoming appointments?

I'm sore for big parts of the day nowadays and finding it harder and harder to do even simple things, which is kind of a surprise seeing as I'm not that big still :wacko: Sleeping is also much harder nowadays and I still haven't found a maternity pillow that works well for me (I'm quite petite and they're all huge :shrug:).

My next OB appointment is on July 7 and I have also scheduled my big 3rd trimester scan for July 14 at 32 weeks. Can't wait :happydance:

Also, we now have the baby's bassinet and his changing table/dresser at home and are also waiting for the crib and travel system we've ordered to be delivered. Once all these are here and put in place, I hope I can start shopping for some of the smaller things too (clothes, nursing bras, burp cloths - that sort of things).

I had a routine appointment today. Interestingly I have actually lost weight since my last appointment. On to every two week appointments at the maternity clinic now- and will meet the OB who will do the c-section at a separate appointment July 17th. I should know what my surgery date is within a few days of that meeting.

Bug, I start my 2 week appointments too.

Feeling pretty good. BH have picked up a bit and I feel like my tummy weighs a ton. I think I'm at waddling stage somehow but feeling good. Just over 10 weeks to go!

My next appt is June 30th. I'm on 2 week schedule already. Not sure if we get a third tri ultrasound in Canada. I think only if they think something is wrong. Not sure though.

My bump has been really sore the past 2 days :cry: especially at the top of the bump. It feels like I should have bruises all over but there isn't. I was comparing my 27 week photo with my last one at 24 weeks and it's much bigger and higher. He must have had a growth spurt. I also had a few stretch marks show up yesterday :brat:

I was just commenting to my husband how sore the top of my bump is Carebear! It's like my skin can't stretch fast enough! We don't get third tri u/s done in BC unless there are concerns.

Oh good! I figured I wasn't the only one with a sore bump. Nice to hear I'm not alone. It sure stinks tho!

Saw my diabetic counselor today and am still figuring out how to manage my GD. I will see my doctor on July 6 then an ultrasound on July 24. My babyshower is on July 18 so looking forward to that. I've gained about 11-12 pounds which is crazy because I had gained a total of 48 pounds with my son. I'm getting tired a little easier now. Only 6 weeks to go before I start maternity leave.

Still weekly scans for me so I'm guessing it will be that way right up till she arrives now. She's growinng so much though, I can't believe she's doing so well when a few weeks ago we were looking round the early baby unit thinking she would need to arrive early.

I have the sore bump too. No stretch marks yet though which is mad as when I had my son I was covered by now. Maybe cause my tummy has been through this before I will escape them, well I'm hoping so anyway lol. Im at the waddling stage too. Finding being on my feet for too long very uncomfortable now.

My baby shower is on the 9th and I'm so excited. Never had one with my son, my family and friends have gone all out and I feel very lucky indeed.

Failed the gd test :( after all that nonsense but at least I won't need to repeat it. Just gotta have a chat to my consultant monday about what I need to do to stay healthy now.

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear you failed after all that! :flower:

My shower is August 23rd. Feels so far away. I have a week holiday starting July 5th which I'm soooo looking forward to!

Sorry about your GD test Maryanne! :flower: At least now you know and you'll be managed properly. Glad to hear your little one is doing so well :flower:

Glad to hear all of you ladies are doing well and that many of you are planning baby showers!! :flower:
Bug - I'm envious about your more frequent appointments! I thought I'd have one every other week once I hit the third trimester, but nope. Mine are still every 4 weeks until week 35. From then on, they become weekly. That's how my OB's practice does it :shrug:

Question about sore bumps: I have a lot of soreness as well, except mine is not at the top of the bump, but rather at the bottom. It is also kinda like a burning sensation, sometimes in the lower abdomen, sometimes in the back, sometimes both, and mainly on the right side (where baby usually hangs out). Is anyone else experiencing this? Somehow I got it into my head that it may be a UTI/bladder infection (though no other obvious UTI symptoms), but I got it pretty bad last night after I got up to pee. As soon as my bladder was empty that burning pain started both in the lower abdomen and in the lower back and it took a while for it to go away. That's what got me thinking 'could it be something else other than pregnancy discomfort/baby lying on my right side/me carrying low?'. On the other hand, I've had a few urine cultures through this pregnancy and all were negative (including the one I had at the hospital less than 3 weeks ago), plus all the basic urine testing they do at the OB's office at every appointment has always been normal. That being said, none of these samples has ever been first morning urine, so not sure how concentrated any of these might have been :wacko: Any input or experiences welcome!
I wonder if I should go out and buy one of these home test kits and use with first morning urine tomorrow and see if this shows anything different. If it does, I'll have to let my OB know immediately, though I know he'll be away this coming week. Hope he's still available to reach if needed, or that he has a stand-in doctor for urgent issues.

Re 3rd trimester ultrasounds - I get short scans (just 1-2 mins) at my OB's office with every appointment, but I wanted to book the big scan at 32 weeks at the same place where they did my NT and anatomy scans a)because it was the recommendation of the doctor there, and b)because my OB is never as thorough as I'd like him to be with his scans. He only looks at the heart beat and amniotic fluid level, but never measures the baby etc., he just eyeballs. So I wanted a more thorough check on the baby, I wanted him measured and his weight estimated etc. etc. since the last time that happened was at 20 weeks and the anatomy scan. If my OB did more thorough scans, I'd most likely skip this 3rd tri scan at the other clinic.

Good to hear how everyone is doing.

I have my next appointment on 30th June but then it's a 6 week wait until my appointment after that!

I'll have a scan at 36 weeks but that is just to check my placenta has moved up and out of the way.

I know what you mean about the soreness bug and christi, I've had days like that. I do have a really achey sore pelvis most days now.

Christi- interesting you mention about a burning pain. The other night I was in bed and got what I could only describe as a searing pain across my lower abdo. It got worse if I laid on my left (where baby hangs out). Lasted for a few hours then just disappeared.

I'm sore top and bottom. More so the top though right at my ribs. I wouldn't describe mine as burning. More tired and sore carrying this extra weight around. There's a spot on my right side that is more sore than the rest. I think he likes to kick or hang out there

Thanks ladies! You are making me feel better knowing I'm not the only one! :flower:

Carebear - what you're describing sounds a lot like what I have. Another way to describe it would be as if I had a really intense ab workout at the gym (of course I haven't done anything other than walking in aaaages :haha:), that kind of pain. It gets worse when I overdo it (which doesn't take much nowadays), or when I sit in an uncomfortable position for more than a few minutes etc. and it does tend to get much better or go away if I manage to sit comfortably for enough time or after a good night's rest (which is getting harder and harder to achieve nowadays :wacko:). I too get some pain higher up, but very occasionally. I did get some bad rib pain the other day on the left side, but it lasted all of 10-15 minutes and I haven't had it since, and on occasion I get this ripping pain in the belly button area - I always attribute it to skin stretching. I guess it has a lot to do with our anatomy, where the baby sits/lies, how we're carrying etc.

Still, I think I'll take the home UTI test with FMU tomorrow morning, just to get it out of my head, since I've never been tested with FMU (though I'd like to think they'd still spot something if it was bad enough). If positive, I'll have to ring the doctor asap to let him know and probably get further testing and/or a prescription. If negative, I guess I'll run with it since all my previous urine cultures have come back negative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->