September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Good luck with your scan babyfeva!

I'm not sure how I will be giving birth yet. Final call will be at 35 weeks and then they will decide if the placenta has moved away from the cervix enough for a natural birth. Yesterday's scan showed it hasn't moved yet but I'm assured there's still time. Id ideally like the natural route over a section but long as baby is healthy and delivered safely that's all I really care about. Managed a med free birth with my son so would like to do that again although I was induced with him and I know I defo do not want that to happen again unless absolutley nessicery. It was an awful Experiance. I am older and wiser this time though so feel more able to take control and say what I want. A home birth is out of the question now but still hoping I might get my water birth.

I'm going to try for drug free as long as possible and my hospital has gas+air available so I may opt for that. My mom's labour's were less than a day so I'm hoping it runs in the family. In the end though, getting him out safe is all I care about.

My vacation is going well. I had a little scare last night though. I was having cramps in my lower back and I had convinced myself I was leaking amniotic fluid. I have had a constant discharge my whole pregnancy. My doctor said it was fine as long as there was no blood. I just felt that it went kind of water-y so I was scared. I cried to go home. My husband did his best to calm me down and get me to sleep. I'm feeling fine today but taking it easy.

i'll be finding out my c-section date after my consult with the surgeon on the 17th.

Ohhhh.. I am with you ladies. It has hit me in the past week or so that I will have a little baby with me soon!! It's becoming real...�� This is my first birth, I don't really know what to expect. I do know I don't want to be induced, unless it will be better for baby. To many friends ended up with c-section after being induced. I think I will see how far I can go without meds. I am not terrified of the pain the only thing that freaks me out is the episiotomy or tearing.. eek!! �� I know it will all be worth it though!

How is everyone feeling with bigger baby inside? She has been kicking the crap out of me and lodging her foot in my ribs. They are so sore!! Breathing is becoming more difficult and I find I have to stay cool, or I begin to swell.. ��

Carebear, try and take it easy.

I had an argument with DH last night and worked myself up. I thought I was having an anxiety attac . He felt so bad for stressing me out.

Oh no, hope your feeling better now carebear?

I must admit I'm starting to feel rather uncomfortable now since baby has moved head down and her head has engaged. I did panic but doctor said its normal and she can still move in and out of being engaged. Although her being engaged has put a bit of pressure on the cervix/placenta and which has caused a few small bleeds again which are scary :( I've really started waddling now though and all her kicks are right under my ribs. Really just want her here safe now!

Good to hear from you all!

I'm planning to go natural but I'm open to meds. I'm going to give it my best shot but not have any hard rules. My birth plan is to not have them ask me about pain meds. Let me request them and if that times comes offer the light pain meds before the epidural.

I've been struggling a lot with what I think is pelvic girdle pain. Moving hurts after I lay or sit for a long time.

Measuring appointment tomorrow and I have 2 showers this weekend!

Glad you had a good appointment babyfeva :flower:

Carebear - sorry to hear about your scare! Do take it easy for sure! Ever since I was diagnosed with an irritable uterus, I've been having scares every few days (pretty much every time my Braxton Hicks get more intense), so I've been taking it very easy in general. I think I won't relax completely until I reach 36-37 weeks. I'm looking forward to next week's big scan, where they will also check my cervix. If it's still at a good length, not effaced etc. (it was 4.1cm and closed back when I went to the hospital, but that was at 27 weeks) then I'll breathe much easier and will feel much more confident about my possibilities of making it to full term.

As for delivery, I'd rather avoid being induced as well. Since I've been doing acupuncture, if it comes to needing an induction (for non medical reasons, if for example baby becomes several days overdue), I'll probably give acupuncture a try first and only get medically induced if that doesn't work after a couple sessions. Same goes for helping the baby flip if he hasn't done so on his own, though if that doesn't work, I think I'll opt for a c-section rather than having the doctors try to turn him. I've heard way too many horror stories of babies getting injured in the process and at the end of the day, having a safe delivery and a healthy baby is the number one priority, like you ladies have said. So bottom line, I'm going to try for an unmedicated birth (hoping that my labor won't be long and tedious - in that case, realistically, I will probably need an epidural), REALLY hoping to avoid a c-section, but will also be open to all possibilities knowing that each labor is unique.

Mrs G- I have purchased the 'Baby Stay In' MP3 by Hypnobabies to help with my irritable uterus and to try and avoid preterm labor and listen to it twice a day (it's half an hour long). It certainly helps me relax (I often sleep through all or parts of it :winkwink:), not sure what it's doing in terms of the actual goal, but I'm hopeful. I'll probably keep doing it until around week 36. Thereafter I may switch to one of their labor programs. Let us know how you like it and if you think it's working for you.

Wantabby - I'm also afraid of tearing and a possible episiotomy. Luckily most doctors nowadays try their hardest to avoid doing the tearing themselves and instead try lubricants and such to help avoid it. I've read that any natural tearing tends to heal much faster and better than doctor-induced tearing, so another reason to try for a natural birth :winkwink:.

Thanks all, I do feel fine today so it was probably nothing to worry about and baby has been so active the past few days. It is definitely feeling very real. No rib kicks yet for me. I'm not sure he's ever gone in the head down position but I'm also a little bit behind... ugh end of september...

I tried pedal-boating today :rofl: didn't last very long. Just the way you sit and pedal is soooo uncomfortable with a belly! Ah well. I'm definitely not going to want to go back to work after this. My last day is August 28th so 7 weeks to go once I get back next monday.

Hope we all get the births we want :) and when the time is right! Preferably after 36 weeks!

Carebear, try and take it easy.

I had an argument with DH last night and worked myself up. I thought I was having an anxiety attac . He felt so bad for stressing me out.

Hope you are feeling fine today as well :flower:

Have you ladies found a pediatrician yet? I did tons of online and Yelp research in the past few weeks and I've shortlisted a couple of local peds to interview.

Hubby and I are interviewing my first choice next Friday - if we like her, we will go with her, at least to begin with. If not, there's another practice I've found that looks very good on paper, so they'll be the next ones to call for an appointment. I also called the office of the ped my OB recommended, but he doesn't offer prenatal consultation appointments. Reason given was that 'his practice has grown a lot and he doesn't have time for that', which I found to be a little off- putting. While this isn't a deal breaker in itself, I'd much rather know our pediatrician beforehand and find out if they'd be a good fit. Plus seeing them at the hospital for the first time seems a bit awkward to me for some reason. So at this point, I think we'll only go with him if we don't like any of the other doctors we interview in person (quite unlikely, as I'm not THAT picky). I'm not going to interview more than 2-3 doctors though, I think seeing too many would only confuse things. For now I'm hoping our first choice works out and we don't need to look any further.

Just came back from my ultrasound. Baby is estimated to be 5 pounds!! She's also head down. Go back on Monday for a non stress test.

Christi, I have narrowed down my list too but haven't picked one.

Great to hear how you are all doing.
Wow babyfeva that's a good weight estimation this early!
Christi we don't choose anyone for delivery here, unless you go private I guess. We just turn up at hospital and have our midwife and the doctor/consultants are there incase of any problems.

I'm hoping for a natural no drug apart from gas and air birth. With my daughter I did have an injection of diamorphine and it made me sooo sick so I'm not having that again.
I'm going to start buying a few bits for my hospital bag soon, I feel so unorganised I just need to do something!

Had my appointment today. Measuring at 31.5w and his heartbeat was great!

All is well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->